Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-17-2016, 05:36 AM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,424,324 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
It is what it is. If you don't like the Midwest, just admit you don't like it. So what if those states are visited alot? What does that have to do with murder rates? Does that refute the fact that the majority of the most murderous states in the USA are in the South? Can you refute that? If not, the accept that it is what it is.
What does that have to do with the murder rates? Everything, considering even though the South has the most "dangerous" states in the country, it still doesn't seem to halt any growth or significance among the region, which are still higher than the Midwest. You're the one who seemed to redirect the thread into a different direction to rule in favor of the Midwest.

Also, the Midwest having more larger cities than the South, is false.

Old 12-17-2016, 05:46 AM

4,675 posts, read 7,416,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by _OT View Post
I'm still trying to grasp exactly how any of this is relevant?
Uh, it was relevant because you said precisely this:

Quote:
I'm positive that the Midwest is more dangerous than the South.
Which statistically and factually isn't true. The rest of the issues you brought up were just redirect.

Old 12-17-2016, 07:04 AM
_OT

2,183 posts, read 2,424,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maintainschaos View Post
Uh, it was relevant because you said precisely this:
Pinpoint exactly where I mentioned anything about States, I clearly thought we were talking about cities, considering that's what this whole thread is about in the first place. As I said before, total redirect....

Old 12-17-2016, 09:14 AM

73,076 posts, read 62,706,187 times
Quote:
What does that have to do with the murder rates? Everything, considering even though the South has the most "dangerous" states in the country, it still doesn't seem to halt any growth or significance among the region, which are still higher than the Midwest. You're the one who seemed to redirect the thread into a different direction to rule in favor of the Midwest.

Also, the Midwest having more larger cities than the South, is false.
Well, you are the one who said the Midwest is more dangerous than the South. For that, you made it about the Midwest. I have evidence to show you the opposite.

And then you said, in short "the South is more significant". That message comes out from saying no one visits the Midwest as much as the South. That has nothing to do with the murder rate.

http://www.city-data.com/forum/46526070-post1704.html

The Midwest is a large region with alot of cities. The fact is, the South has the higher murder rate than the Midwest. Just admit you don't like the Midwest.

Old 12-17-2016, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Pinpoint exactly where I mentioned anything about States, I clearly thought we were talking about cities, considering that's what this whole thread is about in the first place. As I said before, total redirect....
I can pinpoint it right here: http://www.city-data.com/forum/46526070-post1704.html

Refute that.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:04 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,111,380 times
Quote:
I know about Mississippi too. Jackson is quite bad. Meridian has a high murder rate too. I also suspect a spillover from Memphis.

I was talking about Memphis Metro per capita. I would suspect there is domestic violence going on. In Memphis proper, there is also gang violence.
Meridian murder rate isn't that high per say and can agree some misfortune spillovers from Memphis does occur but it's also reverse. Spillovers from Mississippi into Memphis.

I stated in regards to rates ( which is per capita) but again in specific sections of the metro & city. Majority of homicides are cause by domestic violence (55-65℅) not gangs.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:07 PM

2,661 posts, read 2,111,380 times
Quote:
St. Louis drives alot of the issues in Missouri. However, the Bootheel part of Missouri has more in common with Mississippi than with the rest of the Midwest.
Black Mississippians moved there but I doubt that entire small section is relatable to Mississippi.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Meridian murder rate isn't that high per say and can agree some misfortune spillovers from Memphis does occur but it's also reverse. Spillovers from Mississippi into Memphis.

I stated in regards to rates ( which is per capita) but again in specific sections of the metro & city. Majority of homicides are cause by domestic violence (55-65℅) not gangs.
I checked Meridian's murder rate for 2014 and 2015. Respectively, 22 and 24 per 100,000. It's had some years with lower murder rates, but it has been somewhat high.

There is an interesting relationship between Mississippi and Memphis.

Old 12-17-2016, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharif662 View Post
Black Mississippians moved there but I doubt that entire small section is relatable to Mississippi.
Not just Black Mississippians, White Mississippians too. Being that it's in Missouri, obviously it won't be as southern as Mississippi. However, this is also a cotton growing region, and the accent in the area is more southern than the rest of Mississippi.

Old 12-17-2016, 01:09 PM

3,569 posts, read 7,208,120 times
4 people were just killed on the far south side of Chi. It was a single incidwnt.

Made up for the lack of murders on thr cold days smh.

And last night an innocent man was shot coming home from work along with the gangbanger who was the intended
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime