Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2019, 12:35 AM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times

Advertisements

Just learning about this missing child. Bare with me please. Can anyone add to this or help sort it out? Gut feeling is that the mother is lying, others are protecting the liar.
  • At 10PM the parents of a 2 year old, his great great grandfather and his friend went camping 30 minutes from home: Stone Reservoir, Timber Creek
  • Great grandfather specifically wanted to take the trip to that campground, he hadn't been there for 30 years
  • Great grandfather is on oxygen at time of 10PM camping trip
  • 2:30 the following day the mother reports the child missing
  • Great grandfather disputes that he was supposed to watch the child
  • Spontaneous 10PM camping trip includes friend of great grandfather that they hadn't met before
  • Mother uses past tense to discuss "me time" and not remembering what she last said to her son
  • Parents did not want volunteer private investigator to put up $10,000 reward
  • Parents did not want PI to talk to media
  • No evidence of abduction or animal
  • No evidence that child was at camping site
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2019, 10:16 AM
KCZ

4,662 posts, read 3,658,309 times
Any theory has to explain why no body was discovered at the site, and why not one of the four people have spilled the beans in the past 4 years. It doesn't take four people to kill a child. Somebody didn't do it but isn't talking.

If the parent(s) killed the child, either deliberately or accidentally, disposed of his body before the trip, and used the trip as a cover-up, why agree to bring Isaac along? It was just another person that they would have to let in on the deception and hope he kept his mouth shut. A huge unnecessary risk, especially since they already had to trust grandpa, who was either a bit demented or a really good actor in those interviews.

If the parent(s) killed the child at the campground, how did they manage to do that and get rid of the body without a trace, given the exhaustive search by people and dogs? The parents don't strike me as people who could plan, execute, and hide a murder that well, particularly if the grandpa chose the site and invited a friend at the last minute.

Grandpa and Isaac seem even less capable of covering up the murder of a child, especially when one of them was tied to an oxygen canister.

All of those theories require all four people to have knowledge of what happened.

Did grandpa and Isaac plan all this, but instead of killing the child, they sold him to a pedophile? All they'd have to do is wait until the parents were out of sight, and call the buyer. Kid gets thrown in a van. Job over. Car tracks obliterated by the hundreds of search and rescue people descending on the site. This would require only two people instead of four to know the truth. One odd thing that came out in those interviews was that neither grandpa or Isaac liked the boy.

Follow the money. Was Isaac paid off by the parents to keep his mouth shut? Did he and Grandpa get paid for selling the kid? Did anyone check to see if the kid was advertised for sale on the internet before the trip?

Old 11-18-2019, 12:32 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Problem is, this video was garbage. Not well done and basically they did not know the area. First off (minor detail) but the guy said there were no restaurants in Leadore....WRONG. Silver Dollar Bar and Rest with some great pie and the Stage Stop with some great subs.

However, the investigator noted you would not hear anything when standing near the creek(s) he is full of BS. I have been there, walked the creeks and you can easily hear a vehicle coming down that dirt road, been there heard that! So not sure how someone could sneak in an grab the kid when mom and dad were at the creek; unless they were doing more than fishing.

And even if grandpa didn't like the kid (although it was noted in other stores at least that he said he did) or Isaac, how would they decide to dump the kid?

If they decided while camping....there is NO cell phone service in that area NONE! And don't believe they had a sat phone...but who knows.

If they had set it up before the trip, how would they know there was a time and place to grab the kid when dad or mom was not around?

As for getting rid of a body? In that area it would be extremely easy. There are numerous roads leading up into the Lemhi and Beaverhead mountains miles from where Timber Creek is located but not hard to reach. It would take a person less than an hour to drive from Timber Creek to up past Hawley Creek campground (which is on the other side of Leadore up into the Beaverhead mountains...far away from a SAR, ten minutes to find a spot and bury the kid and another hour to return. That is just one location I am familiar with and it is as remote and desolate as Timber Creek.

Something I just posted on the IDAHO site in regard to this....

But one thing has always bugged me and after watching it, I finally figure out what it was.

You have a three year old kid supposedly gone missing in a very remote desolate area; and basically within a day there was a large search conducted and animal abduction was ruled out. And then a small Sheriff's department, in a county that has no history of murder or the like, leads the investigation. Why did they not call in help from the Idaho State Police Investigations division and get some trained detectives to investigate the missing child.

Just does not make sense. I'm sure the Sheriff's department is good at property crimes, assaults, speeders, drunks, etc., and they mean well; however, I would be a lunch not one is a trained investigator. It appears from the video PI's were the best source but they tend to be limited in what they can actually do. And one of those things is the ability to follow the money, get court orders for computer equipment (including a smart phone), etc.

Also learned that the grandfather died in June of this year. I guess that is one death bed confession that will never be heard.

I would bet this will never be solved. One of those mysteries......

Old 11-18-2019, 03:17 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,155,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post

But one thing has always bugged me and after watching it, I finally figure out what it was.

You have a three year old kid supposedly gone missing in a very remote desolate area; and basically within a day there was a large search conducted and animal abduction was ruled out. And then a small Sheriff's department, in a county that has no history of murder or the like, leads the investigation. Why did they not call in help from the Idaho State Police Investigations division and get some trained detectives to investigate the missing child.

Just does not make sense. I'm sure the Sheriff's department is good at property crimes, assaults, speeders, drunks, etc., and they mean well; however, I would be a lunch not one is a trained investigator. It appears from the video PI's were the best source but they tend to be limited in what they can actually do. And one of those things is the ability to follow the money, get court orders for computer equipment (including a smart phone), etc.
This case reminds me of the Jon Benet case in that regard. They also had the FBI at their beck and call and refused their help.

I don't understand being so territorial when someone's life has been taken, or as in the DeOrr case, at risk. Maybe they thought they'd find him wandering, but when he was still missing by early afternoon they should have called the state or the feds for help.

Old 11-19-2019, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
Any theory has to explain why no body was discovered at the site, and why not one of the four people have spilled the beans in the past 4 years. It doesn't take four people to kill a child. Somebody didn't do it but isn't talking.

If the parent(s) killed the child, either deliberately or accidentally, disposed of his body before the trip, and used the trip as a cover-up, why agree to bring Isaac along? It was just another person that they would have to let in on the deception and hope he kept his mouth shut. A huge unnecessary risk, especially since they already had to trust grandpa, who was either a bit demented or a really good actor in those interviews.

If the parent(s) killed the child at the campground, how did they manage to do that and get rid of the body without a trace, given the exhaustive search by people and dogs? The parents don't strike me as people who could plan, execute, and hide a murder that well, particularly if the grandpa chose the site and invited a friend at the last minute.

Grandpa and Isaac seem even less capable of covering up the murder of a child, especially when one of them was tied to an oxygen canister.

All of those theories require all four people to have knowledge of what happened.

Did grandpa and Isaac plan all this, but instead of killing the child, they sold him to a pedophile? All they'd have to do is wait until the parents were out of sight, and call the buyer. Kid gets thrown in a van. Job over. Car tracks obliterated by the hundreds of search and rescue people descending on the site. This would require only two people instead of four to know the truth. One odd thing that came out in those interviews was that neither grandpa or Isaac liked the boy.

Follow the money. Was Isaac paid off by the parents to keep his mouth shut? Did he and Grandpa get paid for selling the kid? Did anyone check to see if the kid was advertised for sale on the internet before the trip?
What I found interesting is that the great grandfather wanted to bring along a friend for the 10PM camping trip, even though the couple had never met the friend. Was the great grandfather aware that something had happened to the child, and invited along to help promote the story that the baby disappeared while camping, and did the great grandfather insist on bringing a friend to ensure that the missing child was not pinned on him?

Going camping at that time of night with a 2 year old seems really strange, especially since they went to the spot 30 minutes from home that the great grandfather wanted to visit, but hadn't visited in 30 years.

I think the mother did something to the child and the three men are covering for her.

Old 11-19-2019, 11:40 AM
KCZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I think the mother did something to the child and the three men are covering for her.

Maybe, but getting 3 men to cover for her, one of whom is reportedly a non-relative and complete stranger, for four years is dubious. Why would Isaac participate in a conspiracy like that? That's why I think looking for a money trail is important. Was Isaac bribed? Did the mother control grandpa finances?

Old 11-19-2019, 01:04 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
Not sure there would be a large money trail. Family was not rich, basically lower middle income. And as for black market child selling....unless mom and dad managed to do that and then paid off Isaac and Gramps....nothing else is really feasible.

But again, bringing in the ISP, at a minimum should have been done, and the parents should have DEMANDED the sheriff do so. They would have looked for a possible money trail, computer evidence, etc.

So, why did the parents NOT request the Idaho State Police (or even the FBI) after animal abduction was ruled out? Why did the sheriff not call the ISP? Was an amber alert even activated? And there is a very large FBI field office in Pocatello, 2.5 hours away; I know that for a fact.

Too many questions that I believe will never be answered.

Old 11-19-2019, 01:14 PM
KCZ

IIRC, the family blocked involvement by a private organization that helped to find missing children, didn't they? Does someone remember the details?

Old 11-19-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
IIRC, the family blocked involvement by a private organization that helped to find missing children, didn't they? Does someone remember the details?
There was a private investigator, working for free, who offered to put up a $10,000 reward for information, and the family objected. He also wanted to share information with the media with the hopes of generating tips. The family objected to that as well.

Old 11-19-2019, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Maybe, but getting 3 men to cover for her, one of whom is reportedly a non-relative and complete stranger, for four years is dubious. Why would Isaac participate in a conspiracy like that? That's why I think looking for a money trail is important. Was Isaac bribed? Did the mother control grandpa finances?
I agree, it's a bit of a tall order to keep three people quiet about a murder of a child, but the husband and great grandfather might keep quiet due to some sense of obligation. Maybe they believe the death was accidental and they don't want the mother to be punished for an accident. It's hard to say with the friend of the great grandfather. As some have pointed out, a money payoff might keep him quiet.

I'm pretty sure that the four people on the camping trip know the answer, so the big question is why hasn't someone spoken up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime