Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 08:08 AM

9,153 posts, read 9,484,502 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkySofiaLila View Post
My concern is that the PI is releasing this information and not law enforcement. Could this be conflicting or hindering their investigation? What if the PI is not supposed to be disclosing these things?
I'm with f5fstop that the PI is trying to help LE shake the tree. He mentioned that the family is still standing behind the couple and protecting them. He came right out and said they need to take a step back and see the facts. Releasing the info that neither of them have passed a single lie detector test might get me to think again even if they were my family.

When I was reading that the first one didn't pass the control questions I thought well, maybe they have a mental/emotional condition that makes the test unreliable. But then they said the other one didn't pass multiple tests either. HUGE red flag and it certainly swayed my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2016, 11:21 AM

1,705 posts, read 1,599,437 times
Yeah, I see your point. Touche I didn't mean to imply that the PI isn't working with the LE. I imagine they are but I was just questioning this because we haven't heard anything yet from LE. I guess they'll make a statement soon.
As far as the family standing behind the parents of DeOrr Jr... I took a look at their facebook pages and yes, they are in complete denial. I guess it's understandable. I saw Jessica's father making comments like "My little girl would never do that." and DeOrr Sr's sister telling people to stop making up stories and that the PI is lying. I honestly feel bad for the family of DeOrr Sr and Jessica. Like the PI said, they are innocent and they don't want to see things. I doubt they're bad people and they're probably wondering why this is happening to their families.
I've always thought it was a bad accident gone wrong and not an intentional murder. The parents freaked out, buried the body, and concocted a story along with lies to cover up other lies. This whole thing spun so out of control and it's quickly unraveling. The PI even said Jessica is extremely paranoid. I'm surprised they didn't crack sooner. I don't think I would be able to sleep at night at all if it were me.
Jessica and DeOrr Sr would have been much better off telling the truth from the beginning. This case probably wouldn't even have been as high profile had they told the truth from the start. In addition to this, they'll be facing additional charges (like improper disposal of a body, lying to investigators, obstruction of justice, etc.)

Old 03-02-2016, 12:11 PM

Yeah the last thing I heard LE say was that they had been "less than truthful" and had been upgraded from persons of interest to suspects.

And yes, it would have been so much easier on them if they had just called police and told them there had been an awful accident. If he had fallen into the creek or fallen off a rock or whatever, there'd have been no charges.

So maybe it wasn't an accident? Maybe one of them lost their temper? I don't know why else they would try to cover it up. It's not like they're kids with no life experience who might panic and think they'd be blamed. I think they're in their late 20's aren't they?

Old 03-02-2016, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LillyLillyLilly View Post
Yeah the last thing I heard LE say was that they had been "less than truthful" and had been upgraded from persons of interest to suspects.

And yes, it would have been so much easier on them if they had just called police and told them there had been an awful accident. If he had fallen into the creek or fallen off a rock or whatever, there'd have been no charges.

So maybe it wasn't an accident? Maybe one of them lost their temper? I don't know why else they would try to cover it up. It's not like they're kids with no life experience who might panic and think they'd be blamed. I think they're in their late 20's aren't they?
By accident, I was thinking of something more like involuntary manslaughter or reckless endangerment, for example. Maybe the parents did something stupid resulting in his death? Or the baby got his hands on drugs or something that belonged to one of the parents. It sounds to me that the baby probably died due to irresponsibility on the side of the parents and rather than just face the consequences of their actions, they had to stage this whole charade.
Yeah, the parents were in their mid - late 20s and the mom had two kids by someone else. Those kids weren't under her custody anymore according to the PI.

Old 03-02-2016, 12:36 PM

Quote:
By accident, I was thinking of something more like involuntary manslaughter or reckless endangerment, for example. Maybe the parents did something stupid resulting in his death? Or the baby got his hands on drugs or something that belonged to one of the parents. It sounds to me that the baby probably died due to irresponsibility on the side of the parents and rather than just face the consequences of their actions, they had to stage this whole charade.
Yeah, the parents were in their mid - late 20s and the mom had two kids by someone else. Those kids weren't under her custody anymore according to the PI.
True!

Old 03-02-2016, 02:54 PM

Have you seen this video?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9q3YbI3NA8
Listen to the grandfather's wording at the end. He blames the other two who were camping....
I think he slipped up and said something that he shouldn't have. LE probably said something to him and he slipped up and said this.

Old 03-02-2016, 03:58 PM

3,782 posts, read 4,244,588 times
No one has to show gramps any evidence!

So, he is putting blame on a relative and a friend. Not looked at in HIS opinion. But he has no evidence of that fact, which he has admitted to when he said they have shown him NO evidence.

Why didn't the reporter ask about the failed polygraphs, the constant changing of statements, etc.?

And really what does someone expect a dad to say about his son? Most parents do not want to think that their precious kids can do any harm. I guess that is normal.

Old 03-03-2016, 05:47 AM

No surprise here...

Private Investigator Klein has been "fired" from Kunz investigation...

Update: Private Investigator Klein has been "fired" from Kunz investigation | News - Home

Old 03-04-2016, 02:01 PM

The lawyer released a statement today: Kunz family plans to sue investigator | KTVB.COM

Whether or not Deorr and Jessica are responsible for what happened to their son, I think the lawyer makes a good point. Note, I am not defending DeOrr and Jessica. I am just saying that the lawyer is making great points about the irresponsibility of the statements released by the private investigator. If these two are indeed innocent, they could sue the pants off of that guy for screwing their lives up.

Old 03-05-2016, 06:49 AM

Quote:
The lawyer released a statement today: Kunz family plans to sue investigator | KTVB.COM

If these two are indeed innocent, they could sue the pants off of that guy for screwing their lives up.
We'll see how big that "IF" is in a few months.

But you wonder, if he was making defamatory statements then why not just sue? And why is this statement, "I hired Mr. Klein to find my grandson, not to make public statements concerning his opinions on this case, writes Kunz," not worded to say "...not to make defamatory statements..."

Maybe they are different than me, but if someone was defaming me in a missing child case, making it sound like I had something to do with it, and I didn't, I would not be having an attorney sending a letter to the perpetrator, I would be having my attorney filing suit for defamation of character.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime