Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2019, 08:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,582 posts, read 17,927,273 times

Advertisements

This child went camping with family and then wandered off, way further than anyone expected a child this age could wander.

That's what happened, in my opinion. This little one wandered off for miles, and his skeleton has not been found. And may never be found.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2019, 08:58 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,949,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
This child went camping with family and then wandered off, way further than anyone expected a child this age could wander.

That's what happened, in my opinion. This little one wandered off for miles, and his skeleton has not been found. And may never be found.
I don't think so.

There's another family that went on a late night camping trip, but in a snow storm with young children: Powell. Anyone who has young children, like Susan Powell, knows that you don't wake up a child at 10PM to take the child on a camping trip with strangers 30 minutes from home.

Do you know the miles radius that was searched from the campsite?

Old 11-20-2019, 02:17 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I don't think so.

There's another family that went on a late night camping trip, but in a snow storm with young children: Powell. Anyone who has young children, like Susan Powell, knows that you don't wake up a child at 10PM to take the child on a camping trip with strangers 30 minutes from home.

Do you know the miles radius that was searched from the campsite?
At first, it was a 2 mile radius. Then later, a local said the entire campground - much larger - had all been carefully searched.

It seems unbelievable that someone unknown kidnapped him, or that he was taken by an animal from their campsite. That would leave evidence, and the remote location of the campsite and the fact that there's only one road out makes it hard to believe an unknown person kidnapped him.

The parents seem innocent.

Grandpa wouldn't have done it, I don't think.

That leaves Isaac Reinwand, friend of the great grandpa, the only possible suspect but even if he was the one to kill him, he did it speedy-quick and then didn't drive away between the time that everyone last saw DeOrr until there was an all out search - so little DeOrr's remains would still be there nearby. Within a very short distance, actually.

The only thing left, is this little boy does what so many little boys do. He wandered off.

Isaac has a different timeline than the other 3 have - placing himself away from the campground when DeOrr was last seen and then went missing - interesting, other's timeline states the parents went a short distance away to fish and DeOrr was left behind with Grandpa and Isaac, and when the parents returned DeOrr was gone.

I think it's most likely he fell in the river and was washed away, but he could have wandered too far for the searchers to find him.

Old 11-20-2019, 08:22 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,517,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
that right there is a red flag bigger than a pile of you know what ….im sure these cops know that too but they cant prove anything . Some secrets go to the grave with people .
I have been following this case too.......and my feeling is that the parents have something to do with it. The Grandfather is a very sick person, and he did not appear to know which way the baby went. His friend was in Limbo.

Two things could have happened: Parents sold the baby to another couple, in need of a child, but they made an arrangement never to tell anyone.

The drug cartels in Mexico kidnap children, kills them, and sell the internal organs........to other countries to the highest bidder.......take your pick......

The parents made a nice amount of money......either way.......

Old 11-21-2019, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Yes. Both parents have been “less than truthful†during polygraph tests. But not admissible; therefore, more evidence is needed. They have also changed their stories including time lines numerous times.
The reason it's not admissible is because lie detector tests are unreliable.

The tech who administered the tests ruled them "inconclusive". Who said less than truthful?

Maybe it was that sheriff, who is now retired. The new sheriff isn't calling them suspects, which is what the old sheriff called them although he never filed charges.

The old sheriff didn't seem to entertain the idea that he had walked off, or had fallen in the river and got washed away, I guess because he was never located.

But that seems the most obvious situation to me. Otherwise, you've got 4 people complicit in a death of a child, and you also can't find his remains where they apparently were to have killed him.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:57 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,155,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop View Post
Yes. Both parents have been “less than truthful†during polygraph tests. But not admissible; therefore, more evidence is needed. They have also changed their stories including time lines numerous times.
In the last interview with the mother she admitted changing details. She attributed it to the shock and upset she was feeling when it happened. She said she forgot about certain details or forgot to mention them until later.

I don't know. People react differently to traumatic events. I personally forget numbers when I'm under a lot of stress. I've been known to not be able to recall my house number or phone number that I've had for a decade. So I guess it's possible some people forget events, or sequence of events.

But I think it's very unusual that both mom and dad had this same issue.

As for someone mentioning DeOrr falling in the river, they're calling it a creek. Someone who's been there can clarify how big it is, but most creeks in the mountains are pretty low flow. A kid can drown in a very small amount of water, but I doubt it has enough flow to wash a toddler away. You've been there, right f5fstop? What kind of flow does it have mid-July?

Old 11-21-2019, 11:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
In the last interview with the mother she admitted changing details. She attributed it to the shock and upset she was feeling when it happened. She said she forgot about certain details or forgot to mention them until later.

I don't know. People react differently to traumatic events. I personally forget numbers when I'm under a lot of stress. I've been known to not be able to recall my house number or phone number that I've had for a decade. So I guess it's possible some people forget events, or sequence of events.

But I think it's very unusual that both mom and dad had this same issue.

As for someone mentioning DeOrr falling in the river, they're calling it a creek. Someone who's been there can clarify how big it is, but most creeks in the mountains are pretty low flow. A kid can drown in a very small amount of water, but I doubt it has enough flow to wash a toddler away. You've been there, right f5fstop? What kind of flow does it have mid-July?
I watched this yesterday. It was filmed last June, and you can see the creek and where a new search dog team alerted to human decomposition at the creek. It's absolutely running fast enough to wash a child away - quickly - if he fell in the creek.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJ-fkvfDGnY

Old 11-21-2019, 01:20 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,155,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
I watched this yesterday. It was filmed last June, and you can see the creek and where a new search dog team alerted to human decomposition at the creek. It's absolutely running fast enough to wash a child away - quickly - if he fell in the creek.
Thanks for that video, I hadn't seen it before. That creek is definitely running high. Mountain creeks are fed by snow melt runoff, so being a few weeks later (that video was mid to late June I think, and DeOrr disappeared July 10) the flow could have been much lower. Plus it depends how much snow there was that year and how warm it had been. So without knowing all that, I guess I have to defer to the sheriff's department and searchers.

If he had fallen in, his body would have floated in the reservoir if it made it that far without snagging or something. Hopefully they searched and watched long enough to rule that out.

One thing that jumped out at me was the dislike that Jessica and Isaac have for each other. She outright accused him of likely having something to do with this. He laughed when they asked him about Jessica and declined comment saying it was mean to speculate. Which means his speculation was negative because if he thought she had nothing to do with it, he would have not felt mean saying that.

They closed the campground to search again more than 5 months ago and nothing more has been said about anything discovered, so I assume whatever those dogs found it wasn't connected to DeOrr.

Old 11-21-2019, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeeHoLee View Post
Thanks for that video, I hadn't seen it before. That creek is definitely running high. Mountain creeks are fed by snow melt runoff, so being a few weeks later (that video was mid to late June I think, and DeOrr disappeared July 10) the flow could have been much lower. Plus it depends how much snow there was that year and how warm it had been. So without knowing all that, I guess I have to defer to the sheriff's department and searchers.

If he had fallen in, his body would have floated in the reservoir if it made it that far without snagging or something. Hopefully they searched and watched long enough to rule that out.

One thing that jumped out at me was the dislike that Jessica and Isaac have for each other. She outright accused him of likely having something to do with this. He laughed when they asked him about Jessica and declined comment saying it was mean to speculate. Which means his speculation was negative because if he thought she had nothing to do with it, he would have not felt mean saying that.

They closed the campground to search again more than 5 months ago and nothing more has been said about anything discovered, so I assume whatever those dogs found it wasn't connected to DeOrr.
Something seems very "off" about Isaac. He never helped search for the baby, just went to sleep 9ish when the rescuers arrived and the search got underway. He also said some stuff like why does the baby have to be here, etc.

The thing is, he wouldn't have had the time to harm DeOrr, and he certainly couldn't have carried him far if he had harmed him. No vehicles left the property during the time he first went missing.

Old 11-21-2019, 02:01 PM
KCZ

4,662 posts, read 3,658,309 times
That video shows the creek was fast enough to move a child, but the segment in the video on television a few days ago barely shows a trickle. It was probably adequate to drown a toddler if he fell face down, but moving the body very far seemed improbable. However, someone, either the sheriffs, park rangers, or other campers should have been able to shed some light on the state of the creek at the time the child disappeared.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime