Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 06:46 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Whether you believe someone in the Ramsey household were the killer, someone they knew or random pedophile; ransom notes staging any way you twist it.

There's no break in entry point; a door was left unlocked, they had a key or lived there.

Another point of debates absence of blood head gash. It came last, would mean there was no accident in the home to cover up.

The killers a pedophile, simple as that.
Hello? I was not saying the Ramseys are not suspects--if you read my previous posts, I pointed out things that would make them suspects. I was asking this question simply to try to see if there is a way to explain it. Many things don't add up in this case, but overall I think the parents were involved. But I'd like to see how the case can be interpreted consistently.

If you have a way to explain why the person forging the ransom note put that peculiar figure, please offer. It's a concrete question I was asking, regardless who I/you think the killers were.

Of course, one explanation is just that ransom note author was plain stupid, but I thought there was a reason to make that figure 118000. Was it because they think this made it look more like a real ransom note? or did they think this would help framing others?

Old 09-05-2016, 06:48 PM

150 posts, read 181,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
The crime was very well planned out. If her parents had accidentally murdered her, they would have been in a state of panic. they wouldn't have time to do all these things including writing out a very elaborate "ransom" letter. In fact, if her parents really wanted to cover up a murder, they could have disposed of her body somewhere (like dumped it in a lake) and simply pretended that she had been kidnapped. Also, there is nothing in the Ramsey's backgrounds that suggests they could have been capable of something so violent.
That's what they said about Ted Bundy too, he had a squeaky clean background. Monsters don't always look like monsters that you see on t.v.

The white blanket over the body shows remorse and also that someone very close to her knew that was her favorite blanket. If the killer stunned her with a stun gun, how could she carry that downstairs?

If you look at it from a logical standpoint, it makes a lot more sense.

JonBenet's body was wiped down and then covered with her favorite blanket. You really think some random intruder would have went to ALL of this trouble?

Old 09-05-2016, 06:50 PM

7,639 posts, read 8,711,366 times
And I will, again, ask about the scream. If the neighbors heard it and it sounded so horrifying, why did the parents say they didn't hear it?

Also, the scream ended abruptly then it's calm. Presumably the criminal hit her in the head out of panic. I wonder if this was what Patsy meant when she said "We didn't mean for this to happen".

Old 09-05-2016, 06:59 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
I think they had someone in mind, probably the drunken husband of the housekeeper. JR said, "It was an inside job." And he said that right away. Seems like he was trying to point at someone. Maybe they decided to try to pin it on the housekeeper's husband so they figured if they put that $118,000 in the ransom note, that would help to prove that it was an inside job (housekeeper or the husband could have known the amount of the bonus.) Maybe they discussed it all and decided in advance to try to make it look like the housekeeper's husband. He was a poor man who would not have great access to lawyers, he probably had no good alibi, they could say he had access to the house, that he was a crazy person. Maybe they did a lot of the things so that they could pin it on him. But it didn't turn out to be as simple as they thought. They couldn't successfully frame him.

The housekeeper was on their side at first until she learned that they were blaming HER. Then she turned on them. The only other theory I can think of is that they did let some pervert have access to her and that pervert came and hid in the house. They certainly wouldn't have allowed it to occur on Christmas night and it would have had to happen early on, but that's the only other thing I can think of.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:00 PM

3,137 posts, read 2,708,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloominOnion View Post
JonBenet's body was wiped down and then covered with her favorite blanket. You really think some random intruder would have went to ALL of this trouble?
Wiping the body down would ensure that no traces of his DNA would be found, so of course, an experienced criminal would do something like this.

Where is your proof that the parents did it (other than random comments they reportedly made)? I have never seen any good evidence that the parents are to blame.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:01 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
And I will, again, ask about the scream. If the neighbors heard it and it sounded so horrifying, why did the parents say they didn't hear it?

Also, the scream ended abruptly then it's calm. Presumably the criminal hit her in the head out of panic. I wonder if this was what Patsy meant when she said "We didn't mean for this to happen".
IF anyone really did hear anything, it was because the sound came through the house vents to the outside. The parents were supposedly sleeping on the third floor of the house and the sound didn't travel from the basement to the third floor. Tests proved that.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassity22 View Post
Wiping the body down would ensure that no traces of his DNA would be found, so of course, an experienced criminal would do something like this.

Where is your proof that the parents did it (other than random comments they reportedly made)? I have never seen any good evidence that the parents are to blame.
So, now the killer obtained a washcloth and had access to a sink too? How did he/she "wash," the body off? How long did all of this take? All the while, no one heard a single peep! The killer sure was super comfortable with an entire family sleeping in the house to not wake a single person. Then he/she grabbed her blanket and covered her. I guess the killer carried out the washcloth too?

Just amazing how comfortable and free this killer was in the Ramsey house. Seems like he/she had access to just about everything without any interruption.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:24 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post

Neighbors also saw lights in the kitchen. The Ramsey family weren't sleeping that night.

Old 09-05-2016, 07:38 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BloominOnion View Post
I'm not citing incorrect information. I watched the Ramsey's interviews and as hard as it was to sit through John Ramsey's depositions, I did. The Ramsey's said they came home at 9:30pm-10:00pm. Mr. Ramsey said he brushed his teeth and read out of a book for a little while then Patsy joined him later. So, that leads me to believe they were in bed by 11:00-11:15pm.
From the actual transcript of JR with the Boulder PD in 1997, JR went to bed around 10:30 pm. PR was already in bed.
http://www.acandyrose.com/1997BPD-Jo...w-Complete.htm

Old 09-05-2016, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
From the actual transcript of JR with the Boulder PD in 1997, JR went to bed around 10:30 pm. PR was already in bed.
http://www.acandyrose.com/1997BPD-Jo...w-Complete.htm

Sorry, there's the deposition available on youtube of him saying Patsy came into bed AFTER him. If he did say that, it's all very peculiar. Pulling Youtube, brb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IZRZZ-DqFc
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime