Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 03:22 PM

5,751 posts, read 10,378,188 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
How do you bruise after you're dead? (If the theory is that her body hit the train tracks after she was hit on the head.)
Because she didn't die from being hit on the head. She died from the much later strangulation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 03:24 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
A fact? Is this new information?

She ate it earlier in the day. I thought it took 6-8 hours for food to reach the small intestine after eating. Apparently it depends on many factors, though.
The pineapple that was found in her small intestine was eaten after she ate supper because the evening meal had moved on and the piece of pineapple was all alone.

The stomach feeds to the small intestine, and I'm pretty sure that food does not sit in the stomach for 6-8 hours after eating a meal, but I'm not a biologist.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:25 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
That is the first clue that Mr Ramsey is not interested in listening to the direction from police. That he immediately ran downstairs and straight into the room where the victim lay is probably a reaction that he couldn't control - kind of like an innate impulse where he wanted to act innocent, but impulsively ran to the body.

He then tampered with the body, placed her in one location, and then moved her to another location. Surely he was bright enough to know that if police will have a chance of solving the case, he should simply step away from the body!
I am not even a parent yet I am trying to think like one.

John saw JonBenet laying there and ripped the tape off {instinct}, grabbed her up {instinct} and ran for help, thinking she could still be alive.

I am willing to bet many parents would have reacted the same way finding their child like that instead of behaving like a trained professional worrying about contaminating a crime scene.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:28 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,955,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post

John saw JonBenet laying there and ripped the tape off {instinct}, grabbed her up {instinct} and ran for help, thinking she could still be alive.

I am willing to bet many parents would have reacted the same way finding their child like that instead of behaving like a trained professional worrying about contaminating a crime scene.
I agree it's possible to make excuses for the poor decisions made by the parents at the time they believed that a random stranger had entered their home and abducted their young daughter. Far less educated people do not make the same mistakes, but yes, excuses can be made.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:37 PM

Just the fact that the parents did everything they could to contaminate and impede the investigation every step of the way... IMO completely opposite of how someone concerned with finding a missing child/perpetrators would react.

I also can't get over that parents didn't (or said they didn't) question son. If one of my kids were missing, the first thing I'd do is ask their siblings what they saw.

Old 09-25-2016, 03:37 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
I agree it's possible to make excuses for the poor decisions made by the parents at the time they believed that a random stranger had entered their home and abducted their young daughter. Far less educated people do not make the same mistakes, but yes, excuses can be made.
It's called looking at things objectively instead of with a preconceived agenda, guilty no matter what.

I would like to ask the parents here {especially fathers} to put themselves in John Ramsey's place.....can you honestly say you are certain you would have left your child lying there?....without even touching her or at least pulling off the tape?

Old 09-25-2016, 03:43 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCUBS1 View Post
Because she didn't die from being hit on the head. She died from the much later strangulation.
But that's a CBS show theory, fed by people like Kolar, Beckner and Thomas, whose theories have not stood up throughout scrutiny in the past few years, or in Thomas's case, was sued for defamation. There is no evidence of the blow coming before the strangulation (but it fits the RDI theory).

Old 09-25-2016, 03:52 PM

Quote:
But that's a CBS show theory, fed by people like Kolar, Beckner and Thomas, whose theories have not stood up throughout scrutiny in the past few years, or in Thomas's case, was sued for defamation. There is no evidence of the blow coming before the strangulation (but it fits the RDI theory).
What is all the evidence the blow came after the strangulation? The clawing marks? Hasn't that also been questioned? Isn't it inconclusive when the blow happened?

Old 09-25-2016, 03:58 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:

I'm a parent and your speculation is spot on.

Linda Ardnt apparently had to tell JR that JBR was dead, after he laid her down in the living room.

Old 09-25-2016, 04:01 PM

9,153 posts, read 9,492,874 times
Quote:

She was in rigor. I can't imagine how I could think she was alive. But let's say I did.

If I thought my child was still alive, I wouldn't place them on the floor. That seems awfully cold and impersonal. I'd have laid them on the couch 2 steps away. Or even the coffee table if I thought they would try CPR. I would not set them on the floor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime