Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2016, 07:22 PM

9,532 posts, read 16,522,023 times

Advertisements

I wonder is Burke out on his own now? Or is he still with his father. From the interview on TV, he obviously has emotional problems. I don't see how he could get a job, and support himself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2016, 07:30 PM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post
I wonder is Burke out on his own now? Or is he still with his father. From the interview on TV, he obviously has emotional problems. I don't see how he could get a job, and support himself.
According to Dr. Phil, he has a job and a girlfriend. He's wealthy from lawsuits. He doesn't need a job.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:35 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,484,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimrob1 View Post

I'm sure he has a well controlled trust fund and still, in some way, gets money from dad. I don't think he needs a job, the way most people do. He went to college because "it's the thing to do" (about the only value I share with the Ramseys) He probably "works for his father" There's a lot of that going on with people like these.

It is so SAD that everything is a LIE. And not one person feels that they need help.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:44 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
According to Dr. Phil, he has a job and a girlfriend. He's wealthy from lawsuits. He doesn't need a job.
He may not need a job yet he has one.....that sounds emotionally sound to me.....he isn't just laying around curled up into a ball somewhere.

Again, all I saw was a nervous young man, hardly someone with emotional problems any worse than many other people living their day to day lives.

In fact, it is healthy that he is getting on with his life instead of dwelling in the past, those are the people who need mental health care.

It's like people looking for ghosts. They want to "see" one so bad any little thing will make them believe they have.

Old 09-25-2016, 07:55 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,122,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
They would've called police after the first blow if it was accidental. I've stated how it's not possible any of the three strangled her. What parent's first reaction is to kill the one kid to cover for the other? Never heard of such a thing, particularly since Patsy doted on that child.
I think that they thought she was already dead. When someone has a closed head injury, it does things to pulse and blood pressure. They probably couldn't find a pulse, and went into damage control mode, and staged the garrote part, not realizing that the poor kid might have still been alive.

That doesn't mean that Burke did it. But Patsy wrote that note. she had her reasons, but she took them to the
grave.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:30 PM

3,531 posts, read 3,734,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NLVgal View Post
I think that they thought she was already dead. When someone has a closed head injury, it does things to pulse and blood pressure. They probably couldn't find a pulse, and went into damage control mode, and staged the garrote part, not realizing that the poor kid might have still been alive.

That doesn't mean that Burke did it. But Patsy wrote that note. she had her reasons, but she took them to the
grave.
The parents finishing her off after Burke hitting her over the head I can just about completely discount, and I've made points as to why in this thread. We don't know the order in which the garrote was created. And was it determined that the size of the garrote rope matches exactly to the size of the wound? Maybe she was choked with something else, and the garrote was added after she was dead from both injuries? That's the only type of coverup that would work for me. The wooden handle could've been tied on as a loose end in staging, but there is hair in the garrote where the wood handle was made. I just don't see any of the three fashioning a garrote before strangling her.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:46 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
NO. We need, and have always needed to take WHAT THE RAMSEY'S SAY with a tab more than the proverbial grain of salt.
I remember your posts from the first Ramsey thread here in 2010.

And I was not speaking of "what the Ramseys say." I'm referring to the depositions, the physical evidence, the transcripts, etc.....none of which was on the CBS TV docudrama.

Old 09-25-2016, 08:48 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
He's a software engineer.

Am wondering how anyone who is as "disturbed," as so many people apprently think he is, made it through Purdue with a degree in engineering.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:00 PM

150 posts, read 181,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheena12 View Post
NO. We need, and have always needed to take WHAT THE RAMSEY'S SAY with a tab more than the proverbial grain of salt.

The CBS Documentary was almost without flaw.The people who participated in the documentary were indeed experts. The program was presented in a dignified manner, free of drama and sensationalism.
(that's PR's department)

Before watching the CBS Documentary I thought -

1. The Ramseys were involved

2. It was an inside job. - no break in or unknown intruder.

3. The Ramsys may not have killed their daughter themselves, but they knew who did.

4. That Patsy wrote the ransom note.

5. That the Ramseys purposely ruined the crime scene.

6. That the Police treated the Ramseys deferentially and did not want to rock the boat, so to speak.

7. That Burke was, in some way not normal.

9. That Patsy was a histrionic narcissist, and sociopath. And that John shared many of these traits but was less flamboyant about it. And, that they were both control freaks.

10. I wasn't sure about who killed JB - except that it was someone known by the family. I had I ideas, - the sex ring, the idea that Patsy flew into a rage after Jonbenet wet the bed. And several others.

11. I never considered Burke as a suspect.

12. That this was an unusually dysfunctional family. Capable of things that I find hard to comprehend.

13. That they were snobs with out breeding or manners.

AFTER SEEING the CBS Documentary - I think -

ALL of the ABOVE EXCEPT FOR #10. NOW I KNOW who killed Jonbenet. It was Burke.

They did not do what normal people would have done. Instead of allowing Burke to face the normal consequences for his actions, trying to seek medical help for their daughter at any point, coming clean, and addressing the problems that they had ignored for years - they MADE UP MORE LIES.

They could have both mourned their daughter, and helped their son. With all of their money, they could have gotten the finest attorneys and the finest of psychological help - for their son and FOR THEMSELVES!

But they chose the sleazy way out. Wasted resources - their own, and the Boulder Police Department and anyone else who spent money or time on this case.

If was a Christmas night tragedy that never had to happen. However, most mental health professionals worth their salt would not have seen something like this happening. Burke's history of violence towards his sister, and strange behavior (feces smearing???) were cries for help.

But the Ramseys were to busy going to a photo shoot and attempting to look perfect, to heed them.
Pretty much this. I actually thought Patsy did it by accident but the CBS special opened my eyes up very wide and I now believe the case is solved, finally.

Old 09-25-2016, 09:00 PM

26,655 posts, read 28,691,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free-R View Post
The parents finishing her off after Burke hitting her over the head I can just about completely discount, and I've made points as to why in this thread. We don't know the order in which the garrote was created. And was it determined that the size of the garrote rope matches exactly to the size of the wound? Maybe she was choked with something else, and the garrote was added after she was dead from both injuries? That's the only type of coverup that would work for me. The wooden handle could've been tied on as a loose end in staging, but their is hair in the garrote where the wood handle was made. I just don't see any of the three fashioning a garrote before strangling her.
Maybe, maybe, maybe...how many threads have we had about this subject? And now a lot of it has pretty much been eliminated. Most of us were diverted at one time or another by following the leads thrown out by the Ramseys that led to sex predators, friends and neighbors being involved, some random intruder, someone who worked for them, the Santa figure. It was all pretty far fetched but we tried to make it fit.

But most evidence points to Burke doing it out of anger. Actually that was my very FIRST instinctual reaction when this happened in 1996. Jealous sibling whose parents protected him.

Very often it's the most obvious explanation that turns out to be correct.

Most of us got sidelined by all the other possible explanations. But a few things have changed. For one, Burke came right out on national tv and admitted that he got up during the night and played with toys. This information changes things. It contradicts all the stories of the entire family being asleep. BURKE was NOT asleep.

Add in a bowl of pineapple and that it had to be eaten within a certain time frame, and that on tv, Burke pretended he couldn't identify the exact bowl of pineapple (something he said he LIKED TO EAT) in his own mother's bowl on his own table! Add in the ransom note that fits Patsy's handwriting and dramatic manner, her quotes from murder movies, probably because she didn't know how a REAL murderer would write. So she quoted from movies she had seen--probably from books she had read too. A journalism major is a reader as well as a writer.

Add in that their friends, the Whites, had warned Patsy about the beauty pageants and that the Whites stood by them until the Ramseys appeared to not even want to find the killer. Didn't want to be interviewed, refused to be interviewed unless they were together so they could get their stories straight.

How about calling all their friends to come over when the note told them she would be killed if they did that. Later on, refusing to take a lie detector test.

How about the denial that the baseball bat belonged to them and later Burke admits it is his?

What about John just happening to mention that the basement window was open and he had to close it? As if to refer to some intruder coming in? And he made sure Fleet White was there to see it and to look for broken glass. John KNEW that HE had broken the window a few months ago. But now he's trying to make it appear that an intruder got in this way (which MIGHT have happened but there are all these other clues that point to the Ramseys having done it, not an intruder -- and anyway, the cobweb on the window was still there. It was impossible for anyone to go through the window that night and not wreck the cobweb.)

Burke was a very angry child=motive. Jealous of the precocious beauty pageant sister=motive. Was smearing his feces in her room=symptom of anger, even violent anger. Who does this but an angry, disturbed person? Was it Patsy or John smearing feces? No. It was Burke. Proven.

How about whether or not ANY woman would put on her party clothes, including a sweater, the next day when she got up? No average woman would do that, let along Patsy. Patsy, who had a wardrobe of expensive clothes, would never do that. If she had been wearing a gorgeous $500 bathrobe, it might have been more believable than still wearing the party outfit from last night.

John took a shower--he would have needed to after being in the basement staging the strangulation. Patsy never even changed out of her party clothes--she may have gone to the basement and seen JBR or just to ask John something, but I doubt she hung out there. Maybe she brought the white blanket down to the basement or Burke's Swiss Army knife for John to use in the staging but that would be about all.
She was too emotional and anyway she was upstairs composing the note.

It's not just one or two or three issues--it's about an entire watershed of circumstantial evidence that adds up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime