Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2020, 07:31 AM

26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by StuartGotts View Post
Lou Smit himself could NOT enter that window without hitting the area where the spider web was.
Scroll back.

Quote:
And his whole premise relied on it!
From this thread: “The Ramseys’ lawyers were worried about Det Lou Smit’s appointment. One of them called Greg Walta, Colorado’s former public chief defender." "Walta: He knew that I’d tried cases against Smit. I told him, “If the Ramseys were guilty, they’d better look out, because Smit would nail them. And if they were guilty, not to let 'em talk to Smit. He’d get under their skin and he would get information that would kill ‘em. On the other hand, if they were innocent, go ahead and cooperate. This guy has integrity, he’ll follow that evidence wherever it goes, and it if leads away from the Ramseys, he would follow it.”

Quote:
There were no footprints in the frost
There was barely any snow on the ground. Photos of the house and its surrounding areas were taken after the body was found (after 1 pm). Any tracks left in a dusting of snow would have been gone with the sun.

Quote:
there was no debris in the house below the window
"Leaf and white Styrofoam packing peanuts consistent with leaves and debris found pooled in the window-well were found on the floor under the broken window. Such items were also found in the wine cellar (storage) room of the basement where JonBenet's body was discovered." - Wolfe v. Ramsey deposition - Judge Julie Carnes
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2020, 08:26 AM

890 posts, read 883,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
The blog person? And (again), the pathologist Lucy Rorke, who never examined the body and was brought in by the BPD for the Grand Jury whose intention it was to prosecute a Ramsey as the killer?
Lucy Rorke was highly qualified, and examined all the evidence. You choose to denigrate experts solely because they do not agree with your opinions?

"The actual authority on this issue would be neuropathologist Lucy Rorke who was officially consulted on this case and testified before the grand jury. Unlike Wecht, she had access to the rest of the autopsy evidence materials including brain tissue samples. Her assessment was that the head trauma occurred first, followed by the fatal strangulation anywhere from 45 minutes to 2 hours later."

Garry Rodgers bio:
Police homicide detective and investigator with the British Columbia Coroners Service. I also served as a marksman (sniper) on SAS-trained Emergency Response Teams, so I’ve got a bit of experience around life and death. Now, I’m a best-selling crime writer and blogger here and with the HuffPost.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Scroll back.

From this thread: “The Ramseys’ lawyers were worried about Det Lou Smit’s appointment. One of them called Greg Walta, Colorado’s former public chief defender." "Walta: He knew that I’d tried cases against Smit. I told him, “If the Ramseys were guilty, they’d better look out, because Smit would nail them. And if they were guilty, not to let 'em talk to Smit. He’d get under their skin and he would get information that would kill ‘em. On the other hand, if they were innocent, go ahead and cooperate. This guy has integrity, he’ll follow that evidence wherever it goes, and it if leads away from the Ramseys, he would follow it.”

There was barely any snow on the ground. Photos of the house and its surrounding areas were taken after the body was found (after 1 pm). Any tracks left in a dusting of snow would have been gone with the sun.

"Leaf and white Styrofoam packing peanuts consistent with leaves and debris found pooled in the window-well were found on the floor under the broken window. Such items were also found in the wine cellar (storage) room of the basement where JonBenet's body was discovered." - Wolfe v. Ramsey deposition - Judge Julie Carnes
Lou Smit praying with Patsy Ramsey - he became emotionally involved. Stun gun theory of his was proven false.

Old 11-03-2020, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
Lucy Rorke was highly qualified, and examined all the evidence. You choose to denigrate experts solely because they do not agree with your opinions?
No one's "denigrating" her, and she did not examine all the evidence. She received the prosecution's "evidence" and she was brought in by the BPD for the Grand Jury in order to prosecute a Ramsey. The BPD brought in other people that they claimed were "medical experts" to try to prove that certain evidence existed when it did not.

So, no; I don't agree with the findings Rorke came up with, especially since she never examined the body.

Quote:
Garry Rodgers bio:...
Lots of blogs out there. You're welcome to believe what you want.

Old 11-03-2020, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Lou Smit praying with Patsy Ramsey - he became emotionally involved.
Definitely.

Quote:
Stun gun theory of his was proven false.
Never proven false; just controversial, because if a stun gun was used, it didn't fit with the BPD's theory that a Ramsey killed her.

Not sure what else would been responsible for the two abrasions on her lower left back and her right cheek, which were spaced exactly the same measurement apart. Someone posted a photo of them on one of thee threads.

Also posted previously on this thread: Dr. Michael Doberson, the coroner/medical examiner for Arapahoe County, who had also researched stun gun wounds, believed that it was probable that the abrasion marks on JB had been caused by a stun gun. He had testified in another case in which a New York investor had been incapacitated by a stun gun while being beaten to death. Another officer from the Colorado Bureau of Investigation, Sue Ketchum, concluded the marks could also have been from a stun gun. So Smit didn't pull his theories out of the air.

Old 11-03-2020, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Scroll back. One of the posts from this thread:

Beckner ended up retracting and revising a few of his statements, especially the ones he made in the Reddit interview.

"....he was asked if there was anything he wished to take back, add to, or clarify.

"I tried to be honest and fair," Beckner said, "and I think the only thing I would emphasize is that the unknown DNA (from JonBenet's clothing) is very important. And I'm not involved any more, but that has got to be the focus of the investigation. In my opinion, at this point, that's your suspect.

"The suspect is the donator of that unknown DNA, and until you can prove otherwise, I think that's the way you've got to look at it."

Also check out Paula Woodward’s book We Have Your Daughter, which lists in detail the inaccurate statements that Beckner made about this crime.
What he did not retract or clarify:
"We know from the evidence she was hit in the head very hard with an unknown object, possibly a flashlight or similar type item. The blow knocked her into deep unconsciousness, which could have led someone to believe she was dead. The strangulation came 45 minutes to two hours after the head strike, based on the swelling on the brain. While the head wound would have eventually killed her, the strangulation actually did kill her. The rest of the scene we believe was staged, including the vaginal trauma, to make it look like a kidnapping/assault gone bad. I have avoided saying who I believe is responsible and let the facts speak for themselves. There are several viable theories.

Old 11-03-2020, 09:24 AM

Quote:
What he did not retract or clarify...
He repeated Lucy Rorke's assertion, which supports the BPD. He later said that he wished he had not spoken on Reddit and asked that his comments be removed. Read the Beckner section in Woodward's book. It has three pages outlining the false statements that Beckner made about this crime.

Old 11-03-2020, 12:04 PM

1,137 posts, read 1,346,774 times
It's selective to discount Dr. Rorke's opinion and believe Dr. Doberson. I don't think Doberson saw all the slides that Rorke saw.
It is also telling that Jonbenet was never exhumed to examine the supposed stun gun marks. I think team Ramsey knew it would weaken their intruder theory.
The trace and unmatchable DNA found on Jonbenet and under her fingernails was from no less than 4 different contributors. So... There were 4 intruders?
Fleet white and JR both looked on the samsonite luggage and on the floor around it and found a single kernel of glass. No leaves or outside debris mentioned. The photo of Smit climbing through the window disproved his own theory. No one could have made it through without wiping out the webs.
The first officer responding saw NO trace of an intruder. Footprints do leave impressions in frost... There were none.
The only part of this case that baffles me is who molested Jonbenet. Was it Burke or JR. I cannot picture JR doing it but I would easily believe Burke did. The FACT that JR refuses a lie detector tells me he has something to hide. So, maybe he didn't kill her but maybe he molested her.

Old 11-03-2020, 02:42 PM

Quote:
It's selective to discount Dr. Rorke's opinion and believe Dr. Doberson. I don't think Doberson saw all the slides that Rorke saw.
Did Rorke ever make a comment about stun gun use?

Quote:
It is also telling that Jonbenet was never exhumed to examine the supposed stun gun marks. I think team Ramsey knew it would weaken their intruder theory.
The stun gun marks had been examined, as noted previously on this thread.

Quote:
The trace and unmatchable DNA found on Jonbenet and under her fingernails was from no less than 4 different contributors. So... There were 4 intruders?
Scroll back. From a previous post: The male DNA found under one of her fingernails was weak (4 markers). The media made a point about the t-DNA from her pajama bottoms being retested, but nothing about that has been heard in two years.

However, the DNA (obtained from saliva) of the unknown male, mixed with JBR’s blood in her underwear, was input into CODIS years ago, and was what was used to clear many suspects, including the Whites, the Ramseys and their extended family members, the man who played Santa Claus at their party, the Stines, the Fernies, some of the neighbors, Helgoth, Gary Oliva, etc, etc.

Quote:
Fleet white and JR both looked on the samsonite luggage and on the floor around it and found a single kernel of glass. No leaves or outside debris mentioned.
Scroll back.

Quote:
The photo of Smit climbing through the window disproved his own theory. No one could have made it through without wiping out the webs.
Scroll back. Spider web discussed ad nauseum. And one of the former posters on these threads actually climbed through that window herself and has written about it.

Quote:
The first officer responding saw NO trace of an intruder.
Link? Read up on Det. Rick French.

Old 11-03-2020, 09:02 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,298,375 times
Quote:
What he did not retract or clarify:
"We know from the evidence she was hit in the head very hard with an unknown object, possibly a flashlight or similar type item. The blow knocked her into deep unconsciousness, which could have led someone to believe she was dead. The strangulation came 45 minutes to two hours after the head strike, based on the swelling on the brain. While the head wound would have eventually killed her, the strangulation actually did kill her. The rest of the scene we believe was staged, including the vaginal trauma, to make it look like a kidnapping/assault gone bad. I have avoided saying who I believe is responsible and let the facts speak for themselves. There are several viable theories.

And he said one of them was the intruder theory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime