Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2021, 11:19 AM

890 posts, read 882,437 times

Advertisements

God forbid if anyone relies on Lin Wood as a source of factual information. Maybe he can put us in touch with the slim greys he talks to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2021, 03:50 PM

26,656 posts, read 28,662,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graywhiskers View Post
I found this post on Reddit fascinating:
"ShameDoe
1 day ago
It's possible that they did attempt to dispose of the body, but John couldn't get her into the suitcase due to rigor mortis setting in, then they panicked and just left the body there. The "attache case" line may have been written into the note prior to this, when the plan was to get her out using the suitcase, as this line would've explained why John was leaving the house at that time in the morning carrying a suitcase, had there been any witnesses."

Ties the purpose of the ransom note and the suitcase together.
That makes sense. What kind of ransom note tells them to bring an attache case or a briefcase? It would just just tell them to bring money. If any of the neighbors had noticed JR getting into the car with a little suitcase he could just point to the RN's instructions.

To lessen the chance of being seen, it would have made sense to just take the suitcase containing her body out through the basement window. I wonder what they would have done with the body.

Old 01-11-2021, 06:58 PM

5,708 posts, read 4,280,363 times
Quote:
I found this post on Reddit fascinating:
"ShameDoe
1 day ago
It's possible that they did attempt to dispose of the body, but John couldn't get her into the suitcase due to rigor mortis setting in, then they panicked and just left the body there. The "attache case" line may have been written into the note prior to this, when the plan was to get her out using the suitcase, as this line would've explained why John was leaving the house at that time in the morning carrying a suitcase, had there been any witnesses."

Ties the purpose of the ransom note and the suitcase together.

Wow. Just wow. Wow.

Old 01-12-2021, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
That makes sense. What kind of ransom note tells them to bring an attache case or a briefcase? It would just just tell them to bring money. If any of the neighbors had noticed JR getting into the car with a little suitcase he could just point to the RN's instructions.

To lessen the chance of being seen, it would have made sense to just take the suitcase containing her body out through the basement window. I wonder what they would have done with the body.
I suspect JR would dump the body someplace where it eventually would be found, blaming it on the fake kidnappers. Maybe dump in a pond. Unless he had good mob connections, which he didn't, he would not have been able to make the body disappear.

JBR's weight was so low, it would have been easy for JR to boost her out the window. Although he could carry her out a door, there would be no need to hide a suitcase being used to obtain "ransom cash".

Old 01-12-2021, 01:47 PM

Clearly there are different opinions on this case. I believe something went wrong in the Ramsey family that night.

The ransom note complicates the intruder theory. It indicates someone with knowledge of John Ramsey, and has anger or hate directed at him. If someone truly hated John Ramsey, killing his beloved daughter would make him suffer every day for the rest of his life. Still there is no reason for an intruder to write the note. It is possible to buy into the idea an intruder might hang around, deciding to kill John and Patsy Ramsey if he is discovered. But why write a long, long practice note, then a long, long final note?

Last edited by Graywhiskers; 01-12-2021 at 02:07 PM..

Old 01-12-2021, 02:11 PM

Quote:
I suspect JR would dump the body someplace where it eventually would be found, blaming it on the fake kidnappers. Maybe dump in a pond. Unless he had good mob connections, which he didn't, he would not have been able to make the body disappear.

JBR's weight was so low, it would have been easy for JR to boost her out the window. Although he could carry her out a door, there would be no need to hide a suitcase being used to obtain "ransom cash".
I can imagine him getting the body out in a suitcase and maybe not even being seen. But then what could he do? There are so many examples of someone throwing the body into a pond or a field or down a ravine but it's almost always found. Of course, they probably couldn't prove that he was the one who threw it.

But it's always amazed me how often someone sees what happened. Like, he throws it into a frozen pond and there just happens to be someone ice fishing who sees it happen. Or someone is out driving late at night and sees it happen. The car would be recognized. The tire tracks could be traced. So maybe he realized that at the last minute.

Old 01-13-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I can imagine him getting the body out in a suitcase and maybe not even being seen. But then what could he do? There are so many examples of someone throwing the body into a pond or a field or down a ravine but it's almost always found. Of course, they probably couldn't prove that he was the one who threw it.

But it's always amazed me how often someone sees what happened. Like, he throws it into a frozen pond and there just happens to be someone ice fishing who sees it happen. Or someone is out driving late at night and sees it happen. The car would be recognized. The tire tracks could be traced. So maybe he realized that at the last minute.
Good idea, he had second thoughts. The corpse was in rigor mortis, with the arms stretched overhead. He had waited too long to put her in the suitcase. As you point out, it would be hard to dispose of the body without taking a big risk.

https://facts.net/nature/human-body/rigor-mortis-facts
"Rigor mortis also helps determine how long a body has been deceased. Investigators refer to the six stages of rigor mortis. Though the previously listed factors need to be taken into consideration as they can speed up or slow down the onset of stiff muscles, the following observations can estimate death within a matter of hours. A warm but not stiff body has not been dead for more than three hours. A warm but stiff body has been dead from three to eight hours. A cold and stiff body has been dead for anywhere between eight and 36 hours while a cold but not stiff body has been dead for more than 36 hours."

Old 01-13-2021, 01:39 PM

If John Ramsey killed JonBenet while Patsy Ramsey was sleeping, he had to write the ransom note to persuade Patsy that there had been a kidnapping. JR also knew the note would be examined by the police. The note was left where Patsy would find it. Hand printing, as opposed to using cursive, greatly disguises who wrote the ransom note. Patsy interrupted JR's plan when she called 911. JR may have already realized it was too late to dispose of the body, and was working on staging.

If John Ramsey had disposed of the corpse without waking Patsy and letting her find the ransom note, Patsy would have known John Ramsey was a killer. The strangeness of the note disappears, when it is realized the goal was to persuade Patsy that there had been a kidnapping.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:42 PM

Quote:
If John Ramsey killed JonBenet while Patsy Ramsey was sleeping, he had to write the ransom note to persuade Patsy that there had been a kidnapping. JR also knew the note would be examined by the police. The note was left where Patsy would find it. Hand printing, as opposed to using cursive, greatly disguises who wrote the ransom note. Patsy interrupted JR's plan when she called 911. JR may have already realized it was too late to dispose of the body, and was working on staging.

If John Ramsey had disposed of the corpse without waking Patsy and letting her find the ransom note, Patsy would have known John Ramsey was a killer. The strangeness of the note disappears, when it is realized the goal was to persuade Patsy that there had been a kidnapping.
I think it may have been more along the line of--one of them killed her and needed to dispose of the body. Ransom note is written, assuming she will be gone (kidnapped) and attache case is mentioned so someone can take her in the suitcase.

I think BDI and the parents took over and covered it up. I think Patsy wrote the note because of its length and style, also some of the oddities of handwriting match hers. They changed their minds when either they realized that someone might see JR disposing of the body somewhere or because they waited too long and rigor mortis had set in.

Then they had to change their plans. Dead body in the house. Stage a sex scene.

Old 01-14-2021, 09:44 AM

Quote:
I think it may have been more along the line of--one of them killed her and needed to dispose of the body. Ransom note is written, assuming she will be gone (kidnapped) and attache case is mentioned so someone can take her in the suitcase.

I think BDI and the parents took over and covered it up. I think Patsy wrote the note because of its length and style, also some of the oddities of handwriting match hers. They changed their minds when either they realized that someone might see JR disposing of the body somewhere or because they waited too long and rigor mortis had set in.

Then they had to change their plans. Dead body in the house. Stage a sex scene.
That is plausible. Ramsey's did it. I like John Kolar's collection of evidence, but this article does a good job challenging his Burke did it theory.
https://www.crimerocket.com/2018/10/...-full-of-crap/

I think John did it matches well though.

- John writes a ransom note that is logical to Patsy. He has to get Patsy on board with the idea this is a kidnapping. If Patsy wakes up while John is out disposing of the body, he is in deep trouble. if Patsy sees him sneaking out of the house with a dead JonBenet in the suitcase, he is in deep trouble. In the ransom note, he understands what will connect with her, such as using Christian references. The $118,000 is plausible to Patsy, but not anyone else.

- Patsy called 911, not John.

- Linda Arndt believes John Ramsey is the killer.

- The reference in the ransom note to bring a large attache case, so Patsy would understand why he left the house with their suitcase.

- JR had the knowledge and ability to make, and use, a garrote.

I can list more points later, but have run out of time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime