Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-07-2023, 03:22 PM

381 posts, read 171,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
A jury couldn't convict unless the jury was corrupt.

Which Ramsey killed her? What was their motive? What is the evidence for that motive, and what is the evidence that would convict them of murder?

If they were tried for covering it up, the prosecution would face the same problem. Covering up what? The murder? How can you convict someone of covering up a murder when you don't even have a murder conviction or charge?

The DA must have known he didn't stand a chance.

On the child abuse count, the grand jury wrote that the Ramseys "did unlawfully, knowingly, recklessly and feloniously permit a child to be unreasonably placed in a situation which posed a threat of injury to the child's life or health, which resulted in the death of JonBenet Ramsey."

With the evidence available publicly, this doesn't even make sense.

On a second count of accessory to a crime, the grand jury wrote that each parent "did render assistance to a person" with the intent to prevent their arrest or prosecution, knowing they had "committed and was suspected of the crime of murder in the first degree and child abuse resulting in death."

Neither does this. You can't really understand their charges without knowing the part that we don't know.

I guess you're smarter than all the 12 who sat there for hours and hours and hours looking at the evidence then. Carry on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2023, 05:32 PM

5,717 posts, read 4,298,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSOFFLine View Post
I guess you're smarter than all the 12 who sat there for hours and hours and hours looking at the evidence then. Carry on.

I'm not one of those who are so smart they can convict someone in this case without a trial, or who think a prosecutor should proceed with a trial at public expense that they don't think they can win. How smart is that?

I'd like to know what information the grand jury had that we don't. As I said, their proposed charges don't make any sense based on the public facts.

Old 04-08-2023, 08:39 AM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times
Again to all those who believe like I do that one or both Ramsey's are guilty...this case was lost on the first day...bumbling detectives allowing JR himself to search for her body,carry her body etc...the parents and Burke should have been removed from that scene immediately... just reading the random note should have made them suspect the parents...forget about statistics ! Terrible injustice for Jon Benet...

Old 04-08-2023, 11:59 AM

1,137 posts, read 1,346,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Again to all those who believe like I do that one or both Ramsey's are guilty...this case was lost on the first day...bumbling detectives allowing JR himself to search for her body,carry her body etc...the parents and Burke should have been removed from that scene immediately... just reading the random note should have made them suspect the parents...forget about statistics ! Terrible injustice for Jon Benet...
Absolutley.

It was not so long ago that the police should have had enough training.
I hove NO law enforcement experience and I'm sure I could have done better...

Old 04-09-2023, 11:31 AM

Quote:

I agree they could have done better, especially with our benefit of hindsight. But how did John searching for her, and carrying her body cause irreparable damage to the investigation? You can't kick someone out of their own house (alluding to an earlier comment) without cause.

Last edited by Deserterer; 04-09-2023 at 11:41 AM..

Old 04-09-2023, 03:39 PM

7,126 posts, read 8,660,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deserterer View Post
I agree they could have done better, especially with our benefit of hindsight. But how did John searching for her, and carrying her body cause irreparable damage to the investigation? You can't kick someone out of their own house (alluding to an earlier comment) without cause.
The house was a crime scene from the get go...you absolutely can force people to vacate! Allowing John to carry her body and allow Patsy access to her explains away all their DNA that could link them...Patsy even had the same sweater on and there was fiber from that sweater found under the tape on Jon Benet's mouth...that might have been very important evidence if Patsy had not been around her body when the found her...now it proves nothing... We have had two unfortunate home deaths in our family... everyone was removed from both homes immediately, the parents,siblings and spouses were forced to stand outside the homes while their loved ones bodies were inside...and these deaths were not even thought to be crimes but still the police had to investigate!

Old 04-09-2023, 08:12 PM

Quote:
The house was a crime scene from the get go...you absolutely can force people to vacate! Allowing John to carry her body and allow Patsy access to her explains away all their DNA that could link them...Patsy even had the same sweater on and there was fiber from that sweater found under the tape on Jon Benet's mouth...that might have been very important evidence if Patsy had not been around her body when the found her...now it proves nothing...

I don't think that would have changed anything in this case. It could have compromised the investigation, but doesn't seem like it did. Still it should have been done different.

Old 04-30-2023, 02:23 PM

26,748 posts, read 26,841,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb100 View Post
What is the Y chromosome haplotype of the unknown male DNA?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
No Y chromosomal testing was ever done.
I just came across an article from the Denver Post from 2016, where forensics expert Richard Eikelenboom said that the Boulder police should enter just the Y-chromosome DNA profile of the donor in the FBI’s Combined DNA Index System to possibly get a so-called familial match. Apparently the BPD never took his advice.

Old 07-02-2023, 04:01 AM

3,737 posts, read 2,568,017 times
There's a report that broke yesterday (7/1/23).. accusing a convicted sex offender, who was staying in the Ramsey's neighborhood at the time of the murder.

He (Oliva) has confessed a couple times over the years, and is now being publicly accused by an old friend/pen pal. The accused's DNA was not a match tho..
I never know what to make of these occasional revelations, but thought I'd mention it. NY Post was the first outlet I saw the story in..

Old 07-02-2023, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
There's a report that broke yesterday (7/1/23).. accusing a convicted sex offender, who was staying in the Ramsey's neighborhood at the time of the murder.

He (Oliva) has confessed a couple times over the years, and is now being publicly accused by an old friend/pen pal. The accused's DNA was not a match tho..
I never know what to make of these occasional revelations, but thought I'd mention it. NY Post was the first outlet I saw the story in..

Sounds like the same report that has "broken" several times before. In other words, more clickbait trash journalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime