Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > True Crime
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2018, 08:06 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,828,087 times

Advertisements

This beech should've gotten the death penalty. Thanks to chicken-hearted jurors who believed it would be worse for her to "think about her kids every day," we've been treated to how she's really living her life--having sex with guards, and making up her face--and portraying herself as a victim.

When I think of what this dame did to those babies, and how an innocent person could have taken the rap, I want to hurl.

Old 01-08-2018, 10:08 PM

24,120 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
This beech should've gotten the death penalty. Thanks to chicken-hearted jurors who believed it would be worse for her to "think about her kids every day," we've been treated to how she's really living her life--having sex with guards, and making up her face--and portraying herself as a victim.

When I think of what this dame did to those babies, and how an innocent person could have taken the rap, I want to hurl.

Insane sociopath. I hope she never sees the light of day.

Old 01-09-2018, 09:09 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PriscillaVanilla View Post
Is there any way she would get out on parole in six years?

Contrary to what she says, I do think she killed her children at least partly due to the failed relationship she had. Perhaps it was out of grief and frustration, as she probably realized there was no way to salvage anything with Tom.
There's no question about her motivation. Would she get out on parole? She will have served something close to 30 years.. She'll be in her early to mid 50's. If she keeps her nose clean in prison from now until 2024, then.. Yes, I would suspect that she will make parole. I imagine they'll put some severe restrictions on her and one misstep on the outside, she'll be snapped back in.. But, yes.. I have this gut feeling she will get paroled. Perhaps not on her first shot at it.. But I doubt she will get to her 60's without being paroled.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:10 AM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
Contrary to what she says, I do think she killed her children at least partly due to the failed relationship she had.
She claims that her original plan was to kill herself as well. Video clip, below, of a letter she wrote in 2015 in which she mentions this (this may be on the other Susan Smith thread).

https://www.today.com/news/susan-smi...s-after-t34081

Old 01-09-2018, 11:17 AM

17,584 posts, read 15,259,939 times
A few years back, looks like 2015.. on the 20th anniversary, they did a 'where are they now' on David Smith.. He's kept a very low profile since the conviction.

Where is Susan Smith?s ex-husband now? | HLNtv.com

He left the area, but not too far.. Last I heard, he was living outside of Spartanburg, which is the neighboring county.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:21 AM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
She claims that her original plan was to kill herself as well. Video clip, below, of a letter she wrote in 2015 in which she mentions this (this may be on the other Susan Smith thread).

https://www.today.com/news/susan-smi...s-after-t34081
I have read somewhere that narcissists rarely kill themselves. Susan Smith does seem to be a narcissist.

Old 01-09-2018, 11:36 AM

7,357 posts, read 11,762,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar 77 View Post
So much for people getting "their just dues" by being sentenced to prison.

Well, the prison staff got his just dues by finding himself in the slam after getting busy with her. Besides, many people do their time and learn their lesson without all the hijinx. Susan's obviously not one of those.

Old 01-09-2018, 12:45 PM

26,731 posts, read 26,812,827 times
Quote:
I have read somewhere that narcissists rarely kill themselves. Susan Smith does seem to be a narcissist.
She sounds Borderline. She has suicide in her family history, so she most likely has a genetic predisposition to clinical depression. She had a horrific upbringing (not that anything would excuse her crime). She appears to have similar traits to Casey Anthony, and the fact that she could lie so convincingly about such an atrocious act shows a deeply disturbed person.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:26 PM

4,249 posts, read 3,724,745 times
Quote:
Is there any way she would get out on parole in six years?

Contrary to what she says, I do think she killed her children at least partly due to the failed relationship she had. Perhaps it was out of grief and frustration, as she probably realized there was no way to salvage anything with Tom.
She probably felt they were in the way. Sadly frustrating because she could have left them with their dad and left town. Still would have been sad for the boys but at least they would have lived, and been with their dad who loved them.

Old 01-09-2018, 01:31 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,382,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
She sounds Borderline. She has suicide in her family history, so she most likely has a genetic predisposition to clinical depression. She had a horrific upbringing (not that anything would excuse her crime). She appears to have similar traits to Casey Anthony, and the fact that she could lie so convincingly about such an atrocious act shows a deeply disturbed person.
My mom was diagnosed with Borderline. Although she never killed anyone, there were times I was afraid of her.

Do you know anything about Susan Smith's upbringing? I read a book about this crime but it didn't go into much detail, except I think she was sexually abused by a family member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.