Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2013, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 4,728 times

Advertisements

Hello all! My daughter is moving to Tuscon from Florida in march and Im considering moving there ahead of her. I currently live in Cali and its been tough missing her. I am an indie fashion designer and one of my dreams has been to open my own store. I currently sell on etsy. In california everything is high, and I know its a bit cheaper in AZ though I havnt priced out retail spots yet I wonder first of all what is the fashion scene like there? being that the university is there? Is there any trendy vintage type areas? Also are there any type of work live lofts? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 01:47 PM

444 posts, read 1,352,172 times
There are a couple of work-live lofts near Downtown. If you search "tucson live work studio" you'll find them. There are also a number of artist studio spaces around Downtown as well.
Fourth Avenue and Downtown are going to be your main potential spots for opening an actual retail store. There was a fashion boutique on East Congress until just a couple of years ago, but I don't know much else about the design scene. Most I know work in paintings or jewelry-making. Jewelry-making is huge because of the gem show.
Hope that helps.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:38 PM

571 posts, read 1,201,221 times
Tucson has some great funky shops. Your indie fashion would probably do great there. I'm sorry I don't remember specific stores.

This link may help:
Shopping on 4th Avenue - 4th Avenue – Tucson, AZ

BTW, I'm a huge fan of Etsy! If you'd private message me your Etsy store name I'd love to take a look.

Old 02-01-2013, 02:26 AM

1,112 posts, read 3,999,494 times
I second the comments, you could probably do very well in Tucson. Put yourself in good spot downtown or near 4th, and you'd be in a bohemian neighborhood that also has the university crowd. Good market for your type of stuff!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson