Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2007, 09:46 AM

1 posts, read 3,966 times

Advertisements

We are moving from Nashville, TN to work in Eloy - One of us works from home - we have a 4 year old that will start Kindergarden there in the fall - Trying to decide between Casa Grande and Marana - Want shopping, restraunts and civilizaiton near by - enjoy many of the events in phoenix but not opposed to driving there for hockey etc. Main concern is availability of grocery stoes, movie theaters and the school system - Have looked at both places on line cant decide! We are a young family but dont want to be in the sticks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 08:18 PM

42 posts, read 147,580 times
It really sounds like you should go with Marana..I know a few people that live in Casa Grande...they spend there time in Tucson !!Good luck. Casa Grande is not only ugly, but it is in the sticks...and the mentality there is funny to say the least.

Old 10-31-2007, 08:43 AM

4 posts, read 33,372 times
Marana is a great choice as it is outside Tucson but only 20 minutes to get into town. It is a nice rural feel but very close to the city.

Old 10-31-2007, 11:11 AM

529 posts, read 2,394,678 times
I also vote for Marana; I currently live in Gladden Farms myself and I love it! They will be finishing up the Fry's complex on Tangerine road east of I-10 next spring so that will make shopping that much closer.

The new theater (I think they're calling it Arizona Pavilions Theater now) off of Cortaro and I-10 is supposed to be finished this fall.. but that has been dragging out for awhile so I'm hoping it's open by Christmas.

Old 11-19-2007, 10:02 PM

9 posts, read 56,005 times
Casa Grande may not be the ideal place to live but it is better than it used to be. The town used to have tons of gangs but I have been told they have cleaned alot of that up. You could live in South Chandler or even Florence. I'm not sure about Eloy though. In Casa Grande they probably close the town at 5:30 pm. That's my impression.

Moderator cut: Advertising

Last edited by sablebaby; 11-19-2007 at 10:12 PM.. Reason: advertising

Old 11-25-2007, 10:28 PM

2 posts, read 9,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NashvegastoAZ View Post
We are moving from Nashville, TN to work in Eloy - One of us works from home - we have a 4 year old that will start Kindergarden there in the fall - Trying to decide between Casa Grande and Marana - Want shopping, restraunts and civilizaiton near by - enjoy many of the events in phoenix but not opposed to driving there for hockey etc. Main concern is availability of grocery stoes, movie theaters and the school system - Have looked at both places on line cant decide! We are a young family but dont want to be in the sticks!
Wow what a small world, I too am in the process of moving to Eloy to semi retire from Franklin, TN... Why did you decide on the area? My reason is to get closer to my family out west....

Old 12-10-2007, 01:15 PM

5 posts, read 20,424 times
Default Hopefully not too late

DO NOT MOVE TO ELOY UNLESS YOU ARE HISPANIC

I'm not kidding. They are very intolerant of other races there. It is a bastian for mexican drug runners and illegals. The place is a dump and has way high crime rates. Most of it is not even reported. The eloy police won't even live there. Most of them live in Arizona City. If you really want to have your house robbed twice a year, then by all means live in Eloy.

I am VERY familiar with this area and wouldn't ever consider living there.

Old 02-29-2008, 12:22 PM

4 posts, read 15,671 times
Default Commute from Marana/Tucson to Eloy?

I notice of couple of folks here were moving to work in Eloy. Does anyone make the commute between Marana or elsewhere in the Tucson area to Eloy who can comment on how doable it is? I've made 45 minute commutes before, but there are some that are irritating due to stop and go traffic or other factors, and some that are almost enjoyable when you can listen to a CD and cruise. Any comments would be appreciated.

Old 03-01-2008, 12:53 PM

42 posts, read 147,580 times
ya, you will have about an hour to listen to your CD when your backed up in traffic due to accidents all over that area. If theres no accidents, and its not peak travel time its a easy 45 minutes.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:20 PM

70 posts, read 544,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by koong View Post
DO NOT MOVE TO ELOY UNLESS YOU ARE HISPANIC

I'm not kidding. They are very intolerant of other races there. It is a bastian for mexican drug runners and illegals. The place is a dump and has way high crime rates. Most of it is not even reported. The eloy police won't even live there. Most of them live in Arizona City. If you really want to have your house robbed twice a year, then by all means live in Eloy.

I am VERY familiar with this area and wouldn't ever consider living there.

Hispanic is not a race, hope that helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson