Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2008, 04:08 PM

683 posts, read 2,650,441 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael krotchie View Post
You know, when I typed my response I knew something was wrong.. I meant to link to the Accenture Match Play! Nice catch BillyBaroo!
I had a feeling you might have mixed them up with the match play being so new.

Do you know much about the homes in the Dove Valley area? Last year when we first started looking for a house we went up there. But I thought people were asking way too much for their houses, like $50,000 to $75,000 too much. The prices in Gladden Farms were a little too much also, that's one of the reasons we ended up buying in Red Rock. How much have the prices dropped in those areas, if they have, in the last year? Red Rock prices have gone up a few thousand, but they've been offering incentives up to $40,000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2008, 06:33 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillyBaroo View Post
I had a feeling you might have mixed them up with the match play being so new.

Do you know much about the homes in the Dove Valley area? Last year when we first started looking for a house we went up there. But I thought people were asking way too much for their houses, like $50,000 to $75,000 too much. The prices in Gladden Farms were a little too much also, that's one of the reasons we ended up buying in Red Rock. How much have the prices dropped in those areas, if they have, in the last year? Red Rock prices have gone up a few thousand, but they've been offering incentives up to $40,000.
Hmm.. If by Dove Valley you mean Dove Mountain then I can relay some information; prices have definitely come down from last year, for example a 1600sqft, 3/2 can be had for ~200k in that community.

Gladden Farms is also becoming more reasonable, builders are scrambling to clear out inventory and sellers are having to follow suit with their prices. A friend of mine just bought a Richmond American spec home, 1800sqft, multiple upgrades, for 180k + lender perks.

If you would like any more info on the Dove Mountain area shoot me a PM.

Old 01-02-2008, 01:29 AM

683 posts, read 2,650,441 times
Quote:
Hmm.. If by Dove Valley you mean Dove Mountain then I can relay some information; prices have definitely come down from last year, for example a 1600sqft, 3/2 can be had for ~200k in that community.

Gladden Farms is also becoming more reasonable, builders are scrambling to clear out inventory and sellers are having to follow suit with their prices. A friend of mine just bought a Richmond American spec home, 1800sqft, multiple upgrades, for 180k + lender perks.
Yes, Dove Mountain, that's what I meant. I like that area, but it was too expensive. Those prices you mention sound much more reasonable. I can't imagine them dropping a lot more. Investors should start flocking in if they do. When we started looking, sellers were still trying to get what they paid for their house instead of what the market was saying it was worth. Maybe people are getting more realistic about what they can sell their house for.

We might have ended up at Gladden Farms if the prices were more like they are now. But we're very happy with the house we got at Red Rock. We had originally signed a contract for a smaller home, but a few months ago we were able to come up with more money for our down payment. We talked to the folks at Red Rock and told them we had considered cancelling and starting our search over. I mentioned possibly looking at Gladden Farms again. But we were lucky and our timing couldn't have been much better because they offered us some great incentives and we got a house with an additional 1200 square feet for almost the same price. I think they were wanting to sell more of the larger homes because they were mostly selling the smaller ones during the first phase of construction.

I've been very happy with Pulte during the whole process. I know that everyone's experiences are different, but I have found them to be very helpful. I'm also pleased that they have continued to develop the infrastrucuture of the community and the parks and school that they promised even though sales are slower than they had anticipated.

That's just wrong for the government to come in and declare a flood zone after all those homes were built in Gladden Farms. I don't think it would be right to blame the builder for something like that. I'm sure that's the last thing they need right now.

Old 01-02-2008, 04:48 PM

2 posts, read 5,969 times
yeah dude. i just visited my uncle who lives in tucson, he works for the city. he said that marana is up and coming. and the whole ritz thing.. it's sooo true, dove mountain. looking to move to the new ski ranch at the corner of thorneydale and tangerine. a good buy? i'm an engineer and looking at the data, flood zone... not too worried about that. i wonder what 2008 data will say about the whole flood zone thing.

Old 01-04-2008, 05:16 PM

As far as I know the Dove Mountain community wasn't at risk from the redrawing of FEMA' maps. But the face of Marana will definitely be much different a few years from now.

Old 06-16-2008, 01:54 PM

6 posts, read 21,109 times
Default San Lucas Flood Zone

I have been doing as much as possible to get information on San Lucas because that is when I live.It is the most upsetting thing!I have contacted the Marana zoning department and acording to them I am in ZONE X WICH DOES NOT REQUIRE FLOOD INSURENCE.aCORDING TO MY CLOSING PAPERS AND A CURRENT APRASIAL I AM ALSO IN FLOOD ZONE X.nOW i CONTACTED MY INSURENCE TO GET A Quote on zone x insurence and it came back as zone A from fema and the cost for the insurence is 4,500 a year just for the house not the items inside the home.I contacted Fema on 5/10/2008 and there maps are on are not adress so the zone they are cosidering my home to be in is not even by address.The process by address takes 60 days and is very in depth.My problem is every supporting document I have IE: closing papers,and aprasials,and the town of Marana zoning say I am not in a flood zone!I have a federal backed loan and my mortgage holder is not requiring me to have insurene yet.Now if I had been in a flood zone a they would be!I am going to talk to a lawyer regarding this information I have to see what they say.Anyway any more information anyone has can help!
Thank You

Old 06-16-2008, 02:21 PM

Hi Desiree,

Unfortunately, I think you may be out of luck. When FEMA issued their "updated" maps last fall they placed much of the newly developed communities (including the San Lucas and Gladden Farms subdivision) in a floodplain. This has all been covered in other posts here but I will quickly summarize it again.

FEMA contends that water sheeting off of the Tortolita Mountains will flood westward towards Marana, over I-10 and the CAP canal. Marana's argument is that the area west of the freeway should not be placed in a floodplain, but they have not indicated that they would be contending the areas east (including San Lucas) of I-10 of being placed in a floodplain.

Marana had FEMA agree to wait until October 2008 until they issued their final maps, during which time Marana has have funded a study to dispute the area west of I-10 being placed in a floodzone.

You're right, your house was not in a floodplain when you bought it. But it appears FEMA has waved their magical wand and placed San Lucas (along with other homeowners near your community) in a floodplain. To be sure I would contact a local home insurance company regarding your current status.. salespeople have a way of knowing things that may make them money.

Please keep in mind I am only a Realtor and everything I have written here are things I have read in the paper or heard on television. I may be mis-informed so please let us know what you find out regarding your home.

Old 06-17-2008, 06:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,663 times
Hey Desiree,
I'm currently going through the same thing, however I decided not to buy the house I was getting at San Lucas because of the whole floodzone issue. I'm currently sueing DR Horton for my escrow money. The sales person at the time lied and said I had nothing to worry about, and as a result I signed the addendum to the floodzone because I trusted her. I also looked into Flood insurance and it was pretty expensive, I also thought about if n the future I wanted to sell my home, Realtor told me I would be taking a loss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good lUck!!!!!!!!

Old 06-18-2008, 02:27 PM

Default marana az flood zone

I live in San Lucas I have been back and fourth with fema, city of marana and my insurence company.The insurence company information that they pull to get me a quote have said I am in flood zone A when all supporting documents I have say I am in flood zone x .I finally today spoke with Marana zoning and they told me that they have all paper work to show that I am still in zone X not in A and they will get me all that information I need to get the flood x insurece at 745.00 a year and there is the grandfather clause so that when I sell nomatter what zone it becomes latter they will only have to pay my 745.00 and I will nver have to pay the higher amount either as long as I keep the insurence current not the more expensive rate of 4,500 a year for A .So if all works out at least I can afford to pay the 745.00. I wouls advise eveyone in San Lucas to get the zone x now not to wait and if you have a problem getting the zone x contact the City Of Marana Zoning Dept. For help they are great.If you are thing of buying in San Lucas DO NOT RUN!! But if you already live here like I but flood x insurence there is a different of being able to keep your home or not being able to with paying zone a.
Do not let your insurence compay tell you that you are in zone A as of right now we are NOT!!! in zone A we have till Oct to find that out!
Thanks

Old 06-18-2008, 02:29 PM

Default thank you!

THANK YOU!
desiree84
Quote:
Hi Desiree,

Unfortunately, I think you may be out of luck. When FEMA issued their "updated" maps last fall they placed much of the newly developed communities (including the San Lucas and Gladden Farms subdivision) in a floodplain. This has all been covered in other posts here but I will quickly summarize it again.

FEMA contends that water sheeting off of the Tortolita Mountains will flood westward towards Marana, over I-10 and the CAP canal. Marana's argument is that the area west of the freeway should not be placed in a floodplain, but they have not indicated that they would be contending the areas east (including San Lucas) of I-10 of being placed in a floodplain.

Marana had FEMA agree to wait until October 2008 until they issued their final maps, during which time Marana has have funded a study to dispute the area west of I-10 being placed in a floodzone.

You're right, your house was not in a floodplain when you bought it. But it appears FEMA has waved their magical wand and placed San Lucas (along with other homeowners near your community) in a floodplain. To be sure I would contact a local home insurance company regarding your current status.. salespeople have a way of knowing things that may make them money.

Please keep in mind I am only a Realtor and everything I have written here are things I have read in the paper or heard on television. I may be mis-informed so please let us know what you find out regarding your home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson