Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2013, 05:11 AM

137 posts, read 278,879 times

Advertisements

This question is for those who have lived in seriously humid over 90's for everyrday for months and months, and for years!

I mostly stayed indoors, I'd feel so oppressed and heavy and like I couldn't even stand up for long in the 6 months of summer. I'd feel it was miraculous to see people outside working or walking or jogging etc.

If you have felt that way, can you tell me if the Tucson summer is better for you? Are you MORE active? Or are you hiding out every bit as much.

That is my question!

I don't think a visit is gonna help as it is really summer that lasts every week every month on and on that can prove it out to me.

But if somebody felt the same way in a similar hot and humid climate then it seems logical if they are much better off there in Tucson I would be too.

I have visited Albuquerque, and I love the dry air. But Tucson is much hotter for longer.

Can anyone help me?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 05:31 AM

4,603 posts, read 6,369,290 times
Tucson can get humid during the brief Monsoon season...usually July thru Sept....see chart, then compare with your location in SW FL...., but in a nutshell, it will not be as bad as south FL.

Regards
Gemstone1

Old 12-04-2013, 08:34 AM

Was this last year a freak or typical? It is hotter for waaaay longer than SW FL!
It starts getting really HOT in March? Yikes.

I hope someone comes by who was debilitated in SW FL summer but is far better in Tucson's extended summer.

Old 12-04-2013, 08:49 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,854,052 times
having lives in tucson for years, and survived louisiana and virginia summers, i can tell you that tucson is not as bad as the others due to the lack of humidity by comparison. while the heat gets higher here, it is more tolerable since your sweat evaporates giving you a cooling feeling. but beware it is easier to have serious heat issues if you dont keep hydrated here, and i dont mean sports drinks either, but water.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:10 AM

4,374 posts, read 11,231,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TULSA2ABQ View Post
Was this last year a freak or typical? It is hotter for waaaay longer than SW FL!
It starts getting really HOT in March? Yikes.
Do you have links to prove this claim? I live in AZ and don't agree.

Old 12-04-2013, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adventuregurl View Post
Do you have links to prove this claim? I live in AZ and don't agree.
Hi, it is from the link in the 2nd post SEE CHART. It shows mid 90's for March.

Louisiana I imagine is SW FL too in gross long sticky summer

Old 12-04-2013, 10:22 AM

3,610 posts, read 1,206,410 times
I remember Georgia summers and feeling like I needed to shower three times a day to be comfortable. Yuck. The Sonoran Desert, specifically Tucson, even with it's oppressive heat, is so much better.

Old 12-04-2013, 11:20 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,708,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TULSA2ABQ View Post
Hi, it is from the link in the 2nd post SEE CHART. It shows mid 90's for March.
Numbers just don't do it, TULSA2ABQ . . .

Having lived in SW Florida, Georgia, Louisiana and California among other places before relocating to Tucson about fifteen years ago, I can assure you there is just no comparison whatsoever.

July and August are the two relatively humid months due to the Monsoons, however, they are nothing compared to Florida, Georgia or Louisiana. Granted the temperatures may be about the same, possibly even a little higher but the "comfort factor" is definitely much better.

My suggestion would be to make an extended visit before making a long term decision.

Old 12-04-2013, 12:07 PM

57 posts, read 117,478 times
Having lived here for a couple years and moving from western Michigan, the heat isn't too bad if you're not in direct sunlight, because your sweat helps cool you off.

In direct sunlight I feel like it's worse because of the intense rays coming from the sun

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Old 12-04-2013, 05:54 PM

439 posts, read 959,914 times
Default Moving Back to Tucson from Virginia

Evening...lived in Tucson for about 4 years coming from the Virginia. Actually if I can sell our house this next year we are moving back there again. The summers are very hot..and bright..and dry. The big plus is hardly no bugs which I will not miss nor the humidity levels we have here in the east.

I would be remiss if I did not state that I missed all the greenery. However Tucson has alot of desert beauty, trees, flowers etc..just get used to seeing alot of rock yards.

Having a pool really helps get through the summer and in the winter a spa is wonderful. We lived in the northern part up past Oro Valley. First winter we had snow and that was amazing on our palms. The monsoons at first were a little scary and I was glad our property was somewhat elevated but the rainbows after were out of this world.

I do not think you stated how old you were however for seniors costs wise Arizona is very attractive.. accept for auto insurance but you can not have everything.

Some areas are more windy than others and there is the local wildlife...just do not leave your kitty or small dog outside after dusk especially if you live near an open area.

Lots to do...it will take you a little while to get used to, wear good sun screen and sun glasses and protect your car. Sorry we left accept we got out just before the housing economy went south
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson