Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2015, 04:38 PM

17 posts, read 22,669 times

Advertisements

In about a year (or less), I will be Moving to the TUCSON AREA, but Have Never Been there and need to find a Nice 3 Bedroom, 2 Bathroom Large Apartment Complex (Maybe around 1200 Sq. Ft. or 1400 sq. ft.) around $700-$1,000 Monthly-(Naturally the Cheaper the Better)- that is "Handicapped Accessible For Scooter", with a Pool, Clubhouse, Fitness Room or Maybe a public Sauna or (Steam Room-Preferred). A Complex That accepts A Dog & 2 Cats. Can Someone down there Please Help me find Such Apartment. Maybe you Live in one or know of one. (I now live Near Detroit...YUCK!!! FREEZING COLD ). It can be anywhere within 20 miles from Tucson or In Tucson, "as long as it's Safe" and has Nearby Shopping, Fast Food, Doctors, and a Hospital, (I use a scooter for Mobility). All Comments on that area are Welcomed !!! Please Help. I do not know where I am Going....But I will be there in around 1 year. I have a Wife & Daughter, Son & his wife and 1 Granddaughter, BUT only My wife, Daughter and Myself (3 of Us) will be Living in the Apartment. It will be a Great Adventure I am Sure. Thank You All. !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2015, 05:41 PM

299 posts, read 545,795 times
If you find one please let me know. I have been looking for a 2-bedroom for close to 4 yrs. I,too, have a mobility scooter that I keep in my apt. Most apt buildings here are cheap construction, I want block or brick. If you don't have much in the way of furniture, belongings, you might also check for a duplex/townhouse rental also, that way you can move again if you find something more to your liking. I am from Pittsburgh, been out west for 35 yrs, would not consider giving up this heat for that COLD. I don't own a coat, only 1 sweater.

Old 05-28-2015, 06:21 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,321,693 times
You don't ask for much! You had an almost identical post here last year.
Seeking a safe area to move to around Tucson with close shopping, doctors, hospital.

But now your list of "must-haves" seems even longer. Three bedroom apartments of more than 1,200 sq. ft. are hard enough to find. But then you add a dog and two cats and a budget that is more suited to a two-bedroom.

There is a developer in Arizona called HSL Properties and they own many large, newish to brand-new apartment complexes called Encantada Luxury Apartment homes. They have two properties Tucson's Northwest suburb, one in Oro Valley, one in Marana, and three in Metro Phoenix. Their complexes have a 3 bedroom/2 bath unit that is 1,300 sq. ft. Like many suburban complexes it is pet friendly, but requires a non-refundable pet deposit (in addition to the regular $350 deposit) AND a monthly pet charge added to the rent. These properties have all the amenities you are requesting and are in suburban neighborhoods with access to healthcare and abundant shopping and entertainment. You would have to call them to find out if your scooter would be workable. The problem for you is: the rent starts at $1,399 per month.

In your budget you are more likely to find an older complex and to get the price down you'll have to sign a longer lease. The search engines that show Tucson apartment complexes indicate which properties have three bedroom units.
You Found 503 Apartments for Rent in the Tucson Metro AZ - ForRent.com

If you find something that suits your circumstances, come back here and ask about the safety of the specific location.

Old 06-01-2015, 12:37 AM

17 posts, read 22,669 times
Thanks for the info. It is very helpful. I looked at just a few on forrent.com and found some that we may look at when we get to Tucson. Thanks Again. Have a Great Day. I may ask you if a certain area is safe when we fiqure out where we want to be. This may take us up to a year or so. It is a "BIG MOVE" for us from Michigan. We have Lived here all our Lives. But in a few weeks I will turn 60 and I am tired of this Cold, Ice and Snow. Today for example the High is around 52 and tonights low is in the 40's with a wind chill factor feeling like "Low 30's". And this is JUNE 1st. !!! I Gotta get out of here. !!! Detroit area weather Sucks.

Old 06-07-2015, 03:30 AM

153 posts, read 220,393 times
you may want to look around the area of st josephs hospital based on that criteria. I would say stay away from the near grant/alvernon area, and the stone/grant area. Also the southside can be rough.

Old 06-10-2015, 07:42 AM

29 posts, read 42,718 times
As Tucson is not really laid out like most cities its size, it seems as though you can be in Oro Valley, and still be in the vicinity to Tucson that you are hoping. I was only an apartment dweller for about 6 months when I moved here until my house was done, but looking around I would say your best bet is going to be the new apartment structures that have popped up along Oracle Road/S.R. 77 in Oro Valley.

HSL Properties has new apartment complexes called Encantada Luxury Apartment homes. They have two properties Tucson's Northwest suburb, one in Oro Valley (Oracle Rd/S.R. 77) and one in Marana (Tangerine Road near Dove Mountain). They have a 3 bedroom/2 bath units. They appear to have all the amenities you're looking for. However, I do not think rent is cheap and with housing and interest rates being what they are, one can probably get a mortgage for what rent would be at this properties (but I'm digressing).

There is also a new complex just completed at Oracle/S.R. 77 and First Avenue in Oro Valley, which I do not think is HSL properties, but seems very nice as well. There are even older established communities in Oro Valley, and for me, I think I would select Oro Valley or look up along Sunrise near Campbell, as that area gives great access to the Tucson metro area. Best Wishes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson