Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2016, 02:34 PM

108 posts, read 100,288 times

Advertisements

Never been to AZ, flying into Tucson with my hubby for a few nights. Any recommendations on a great place to stay that gives a "true feel" of the city. Prefer within walking distance of sightseeing/ wide-range of activities. It will be late AUGUST so keep that in mind as well. I have learned the hard way that reviews aren't always truthful!

**On a side note we are planning on relocating within 2-3 years into the area..this trip is supposed to give us a small taste of the city, surroundings, and dose of the AZ summer heat.

Any and all recommendations and tips welcome!! THANK YOU
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2016, 04:47 PM

612 posts, read 1,021,311 times
Well "true feel" is an interesting thing when applied to Tucson - there's a lot of differing opinions about what the real Tucson is!

You could get the true feel for Tucson by staying near downtown (checkout the Downtown Clifton for a hip, urban Tucson spot, for example). Or you could get the true Tucson experience by staying up in the Foothills in a desert-themed hotel (check out Westward Look and Ventana Canyon for a resort experience). Probably best for you to decide those sorts of things based on what you would like to do while you're here (dining/live music/galleries/etc in the city versus time at the pool/hiking/catching a bobcat on the prowl outside of the city).

If it was me, though, I'd look into the various bed and breakfasts near downtown and the University. This will give you a feel for what the city is like and you can drive out to the desert should you feel the urge (fair warning: in August you may not feel that urge!) It's a tidy area, very walkable and fun. Any of the well-known B&B websites should be able to point you towards some good options.

Old 05-18-2016, 08:36 AM

1,024 posts, read 2,748,325 times
Arizona Inn

Old 05-18-2016, 11:43 AM

104 posts, read 273,610 times
B&B's are lovely but I personally am more of a vacation rental person. Being Tucson in the summer, rates would be at their lowest.

The big advertising sites are http://vrbo.com , http://homeaway.com , and http://airbnb.com . In August, you should be able to find something virtually anywhere in Tucson at a reasonable cost plus that is very comfortable with loads of amenities.

Old 05-19-2016, 12:37 PM

496 posts, read 411,866 times
I would go with the Downtown Clifton, but really it depends on what you want do and how you like to spend your down time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson