Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-21-2017, 02:36 PM

1,392 posts, read 1,868,418 times

Advertisements

About a week ago (8/13/2017) I had to go to Autozone in Sahuarita to get a new battery for my truck. It had been raining pretty hard before I got there, but while I was inside a mircoburst hit and I got some pretty good video of it. It is pretty impressive video!

Check out this link for more info on a microburst: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microburst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA5RGrc6P1k

If you would like to check out other storm/wildlife and other videos of the Green Valley area, this is the link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8U...8eKn9NSrCyA5zw

Last edited by bkolodzi; 08-21-2017 at 02:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 06:35 PM

6 posts, read 5,393 times
Great video!!

Old 08-22-2017, 06:12 AM

7,200 posts, read 9,350,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkolodzi View Post
About a week ago (8/13/2017) I had to go to Autozone in Sahuarita to get a new battery for my truck. It had been raining pretty hard before I got there, but while I was inside a mircoburst hit and I got some pretty good video of it. It is pretty impressive video!

Check out this link for more info on a microburst: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microburst

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uA5RGrc6P1k

If you would like to check out other storm/wildlife and other videos of the Green Valley area, this is the link to my channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8U...8eKn9NSrCyA5zw
OP: That was very good. I can smell the mesquite!

Which camera did you use?

Old 08-22-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FreckledFusion View Post
Great video!!

Thanks, glad you enjoyed it!

Old 08-22-2017, 06:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vision67 View Post
OP: That was very good. I can smell the mesquite!

Which camera did you use?

Glad you enjoyed the video! I guess that new smell sensor I installed is working well ;-) I just used the camera from my Samsung S6 phone. That is what I use for all the videos on my youtube channel.

Old 08-22-2017, 07:03 AM

5,229 posts, read 4,621,202 times
Greatly appreciate the time & effort which you invest in your videos, Mr B! It's very evident that you have a love for Arizona desert life. Keep up the most excellent work!

~ Colt

Old 08-22-2017, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colt AZ View Post
Greatly appreciate the time & effort which you invest in your videos, Mr B! It's very evident that you have a love for Arizona desert life. Keep up the most excellent work!

~ Colt
Thank you Colt, I appreciate that you appreciate! I do love Arizona as a whole, but I have a special love for the southeastern part of the state that I live in, and for Green Valley specifically. I have only been here a little more than 3 years, but I have been dreaming of being here for decades. Now I am finally here and I revel in that fact! Here are just a few reasons I love it here:

Stunning views of the Catalina, Santa Rita and Rincon mountains.
Native American and Mexican influence on the local culture.
I can go for a walk nearly every day of the year.
Sunny about 85% of the year.
Amazing summertime storms.
12 month driving season (for classic cars), it was about 3 months where I came from.
Interesting and abundant wildlife (I especially enjoy the Roadrunners and Javelina that visit the house).
Dark skies where you can look up and actually see the Milky Way.
No snow.
75 mph speed limit on most of I-19

Old 08-22-2017, 12:02 PM

404 posts, read 481,504 times
Great vid. Thanks. Last summer we visited the Sonora Desert Museum and watched 3 microbursts down in the valley while the rest of the valley soaked up the sun. Quite beautiful but we never got wet. It actually does rain as hard as they look like they do.

Old 08-22-2017, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtydan57 View Post
Great vid. Thanks. Last summer we visited the Sonora Desert Museum and watched 3 microbursts down in the valley while the rest of the valley soaked up the sun. Quite beautiful but we never got wet. It actually does rain as hard as they look like they do.
Thanks Dan, glad you liked the video! Hey, the whole dynamic of being able to look across the landscape and see individual cells and their associated rain shafts is one things I love about the weather here in southeastern AZ!

Old 08-23-2017, 02:03 AM

8 posts, read 19,510 times
Hi Bart,

I felt almost like we were travelling together in your car. I loved the fact that you are so enthusiastic about Green Valley and nature in general. This famous American Poet had following advice for us mortals:

"Pursue the small utopias... nature, music, friendship, love" Kupferberg

Thanks for sharing. Cant wait to retire full time in Green Valley!

regards

arun
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson