Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2007, 02:58 PM

28 posts, read 220,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiss_miss View Post
I just moved here because my parents wanted to. i really wanted to go to california but no we had to go to tucson and let me tell u i am DEAD BORED!!! I SPEND ALL DAY ON THE COMPUTER!! THERE IS NOTHING TO DO HERE! ITS SO HOT ALL THE TIME U CANT EVEN PLAY OUTSIDE! WHATEVER U DO DONT MOVE TO TUCSON!!! move anywhere but boring tucson. ITS SO BORINGGGG HERE
It sounds like you should plan on living in California as soon as you move out of your parents house. There are things to do here (and it's not this hot the entire year either) but I do understand what you mean- for its size, Tucson is not very metropolitan. It's all relative though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2007, 05:06 PM

54,498 posts, read 33,909,172 times
California used to be a good place to live in and visit, then it turned into a good place to visit, but not live in. Now, I wouldn't want to live, nor visit there!

Reasons:
1) Too expensive to live in and visit
2) Too crowded to do anything other than get stuck in traffic on freeways
3) California is sitting on shaky grounds, you'll never know when the "Big one" might hit, so one of these days, the beach might not be too far away from Phoenix or Tucson!

Old 07-21-2007, 12:29 AM
Flipinino

n/a posts
swiss_miss, for some reason I have a feeling that you live in an area like Rita Ranch, the Foothills, Oro Valley, or Eastside Tucson where everything is so spread out because I've found that it does depend on what part of town that you live. Yes, for some of the other posters reading this, I also know that the result of anyones bordum is a lack of creativity but that may not be the case with swiss_miss. Also, how long have you and your parents actually called Tucson home? When did you all move here? Now that is a very important factor as a result of your bordum as well. If you've only been here a few weeks to a month it's not fair to say that Tucson is boring. On the other hand, if you've lived here many months to nearly a year then maybe it's time to explore Tucson a little more. Is there a mall close by? Like the Tucson Mall, Park Place, Foothills Mall, or even run-down El Con? I have more to say but I would like to close by informing you that while you sit on the computer wishing you were in California, do you know that the native Californian residents are planning to move to Phoenix, Tucson, Yuma, and even places in Arizona like Flagstaff and Prescott? Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, and Washington are the 4 leading states that most Californians are CHOOSING to move to. So, even if you don't make it to Cali, you will meet many new residents right here in Tucson who have just moved FROM California.

Old 07-25-2007, 05:50 PM

319 posts, read 495,798 times
With the exception of the Bay Area (South Bay especially); I wouldn't want to live in California, either. The reason people move from Cali to 'Zona is because they are being driven out via unbelievably over-priced real estate. Other reasons include gang violence.

IMO, There is no coastal city prettier than San Francisco, in America. The suburbs of South San Francisco and Daly City and gorgeous, and they own one of the best climates in the world. Hands down.

Old 07-25-2007, 06:37 PM

44,678 posts, read 61,796,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnum Mike View Post
California used to be a good place to live in and visit, then it turned into a good place to visit, but not live in. Now, I wouldn't want to live, nor visit there!

Reasons:
1) Too expensive to live in and visit
2) Too crowded to do anything other than get stuck in traffic on freeways
3) California is sitting on shaky grounds, you'll never know when the "Big one" might hit, so one of these days, the beach might not be too far away from Phoenix or Tucson!
MM, you are 100% right on your assessment. Another reason I would not live in CA is the fact that it has become a 3rd world country and I could never master all the languages you need to know to survive.

Old 07-25-2007, 07:01 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,760,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneBKLYN View Post
IMO, There is no coastal city prettier than San Francisco, in America. The suburbs of South San Francisco and Daly City and gorgeous, and they own one of the best climates in the world. Hands down.
Especially if you are into . . . GLOOM AND DOOM!

Thank Goodness we all do not prefer the same things in life.

I absolutely HATED the weather in The Bay Area. It improved once I moved out to Contra Costa County but the gray overcast skies, especially at night, bugged me.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH

Old 07-25-2007, 07:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Especially if you are into . . . GLOOM AND DOOM!

Thank Goodness we all do not prefer the same things in life.

I absolutely HATED the weather in The Bay Area. It improved once I moved out to Contra Costa County but the gray overcast skies, especially at night, bugged me.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH
There are PLENTY of days that are Sunny from sunrise to sunset.
Even if there is fog/clouds in the morning, it all burns off by noon, leaving you with a fresh, misty, cool day.

Old 07-25-2007, 10:42 PM

5 posts, read 15,102 times
Thumbs up You Are So Right!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnonothimagain View Post
Any town can be boring---and if you can't find something to do in Tucson, it's because you don't want to. Between shopping, sports, the Zoo, Desert Museum, the Wildcats, restaurants, Sabino Canyon, Saguaro Monuments, Mt. Lemmon, more shopping....maybe you're just bored because you didn't get to go to California......

I TOTALLY AGREE WITH OHNONOTHIMAGAIN, MAYBE YOU ARE BORED BECAUSE YOU ARE A BORING PERSON. I HAVE 3 KIDS, AND THEY ALL LOVE IT HERE. WE MOVED HERE 4 MONTHS AGO FROM PENNSYLVANIA, AND WE SURE WONT MISS THE COLD WINTERS, GET UP AND DO SOMETHING!:

Old 07-25-2007, 11:26 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,760,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EugeneBKLYN View Post
There are PLENTY of days that are Sunny from sunrise to sunset.
Even if there is fog/clouds in the morning, it all burns off by noon, leaving you with a fresh, misty, cool day.
Sorry, Eugene, we must be referring to different Bay Areas.

As I posted earlier . . . thank Goodness we all don't like the same living conditions.

Old 07-26-2007, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Sorry, Eugene, we must be referring to different Bay Areas.

As I posted earlier . . . thank Goodness we all don't like the same living conditions.
I'm talking about San Francisco. I witnessed it first hand. I was there for an entire week in April. Market and 12th, to be exact.

The first 2 days were completely CLOUD FREE.
Second day was mostly clouds, with a few peaks of sunshine.
Last few days had heavy fog down in the morning, and it just burned off by midday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson