Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Thread summary:

Tucson area college student looking for interesting places to visit in Tucson, local hot spots, similar to East University Blvd

Old 05-15-2008, 09:31 PM

399 posts, read 554,656 times

Advertisements

I've lived in Tucson for a while now, and I was wondering are there any interesting areas worth visiting?

I mean I know the city fairly well, but I've always "missed" the interesting areas of the city.
For example we have EAST UNIVERSITY BLVD. Where you can just walk around, and there people that go there also, College Students etc (I'm a college student, )

I was wondering are there any other places in Tucson, that are similar to East University BLVD ?
Where people just walk-around, relax? East University BLVD is like our Times Square right? lol
Are there any other places that are even similar to that? Anywhere?

Last edited by stilldirrty; 05-15-2008 at 09:58 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 10:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stilldirrty View Post
I was wondering are there any other places in Tucson, that are similar to East University BLVD ?
Where people just walk-around, relax? East University BLVD is like our Times Square right? lol
Are there any other places that are even similar to that? Anywhere?
Well, there are some pockets, but you sound like a guy, so they might not be of interest to ya.

- Plaza Palomino (SE corner of Ft. Lowell & Swan)
- St. Phillip's Plaza (SE corner of Campbell & River)
- La Encantada
- The Crossroads (NE corner of Grant & Swan) - OK, I'm getting desperate here, but there are quite a few stores, restaurants, and coffee shops...
- Foothills Mall and Park Mall actually have some people outside and some businesses fronting this area
- there's a tiny corner at River & Craycroft (NE) that's kinda pleasant - Ric's Cafe has outdoor tables
- oh, Trail Dust Town is fun to go to occasionally; the mini golf place next door on Tanque Verde is cute, too - you don't have to play ... you can just enjoy the grounds, but again probably not what a college student would like...

Downtown can be lively during the day Mon-Fri or when there are special events on weekends, but that wouldn't be news to you.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:18 PM

5,610 posts, read 23,312,881 times
There's a section of Broadway about a mile or two east of downtown that I remembered being really cool, with art galleries or something like that. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?

I would also add the Casa Adobes shopping center on Oracle & Ina. One of my favorite shopping centers of all time. Okay, it's a chain obviously, but that Paradise Bakery is a great place to hang out in the beautiful courtyard outside there. Wild Oats is a really nice store, based in Boulder, CO.

I just moved out of Phoenix a few days ago (back home in Denver for about a month, then I'll be in LA for a year, then who knows what's next?). I never lived in Tucson but I used to go there quite frequently on the weekends. I have always loved Tucson. I'm not really missing Phoenix much at all, but for some reason I'm really missing Tucson. I think it really is a love it or hate it kind of place. I don't know if I'd use the words "scene" and "Tucson" in the same sentence, but there are a lot of interesting hole-in-the-wall places in Tucson and some beautiful neighborhoods to walk around. One of my favorite neighborhoods of all time is the neighborhood directly east and northeast of UA. There's a street that goes past an old boutique hotel called the "Arizona Inn." Absolutely stunning; it's what the southwest is all about.

Old 05-15-2008, 11:50 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,170,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegaspilgrim View Post
There's a section of Broadway about a mile or two east of downtown that I remembered being really cool, with art galleries or something like that. Does anybody know what I'm talking about?
You're probably talking about Broadway & Country Club, where Elle is.

Quote:
I would also add the Casa Adobes shopping center on Oracle & Ina. One of my favorite shopping centers of all time. Okay, it's a chain obviously, but that Paradise Bakery is a great place to hang out in the beautiful courtyard outside there. Wild Oats is a really nice store, based in Boulder, CO.
Oh, yeah, this one is nice. I just don't go there often.

Speaking of art galleries, there are nice galleries at the NE corner of River & Cambell.

So, vegaspilgrim, you're done with your Phoenix pilgrimage . Good luck wherever you are!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: