Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2009, 01:20 AM

415 posts, read 1,681,089 times

Advertisements

OK, I am totally congested and am not even allergic to anything, not to mention the crap in my pool from their blooms!!!

Am looking for an exact date and time.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 08:05 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,347,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojulybabies View Post
OK, I am totally congested and am not even allergic to anything, not to mention the crap in my pool from their blooms!!!

Am looking for an exact date and time.
Hey, 2JulyBabe! There will be NO complaining from the homies! We must accept the great Palo Verde (Arizona's state tree!) as it is, was, and always will be!

The great and wonderful Sonoran desert wants you not to suffer, but to enjoy the majestic and beautiful Palo Verde Tree - not only in your basic everyday haunts and jaunts, but also in your pool and in your nose!

Old 05-07-2009, 03:03 PM

474 posts, read 1,066,964 times
Hey Two, no stealing my jokes. Come up with your own.

Old 05-08-2009, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellringer View Post
Hey Two, no stealing my jokes. Come up with your own.

Except you stole it from the guy who wanted to know when the cactus bloom!

That's why I was ROFL at your post.

Old 05-08-2009, 01:20 PM

474 posts, read 1,066,964 times
Oh no, you are mistaken. My joke was an original.

Old 05-08-2009, 02:38 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,347,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojulybabies View Post
Except you stole it from the guy who wanted to know when the cactus bloom!

That's why I was ROFL at your post.

Quote:
Hey! What the hey! NOBODY laughed at MY post, and THAT was pretty dang original!

Old 05-09-2009, 08:32 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,398,231 times
The Palo Verdes MAY not be your allergy problem. People tend to attribute their allergies to things that are obvious to sight or smell. Those things are often not the culprit. (Orange blossoms have taken a bad rap for years, and they are most definitely not the cause of allergy symptoms, which are caused by other plants that bloom or go to seed at the same time)

As to the blossoms in the pool, well, yes, that is a problem that you'll just have to wait out.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:10 PM

288 posts, read 851,389 times
When I lived in Arizona, I got extreme allergies to the California Ash trees planted in housing developments that dated to the early 1980s ... guess where the biggest ash tree in our neighborhood was. Yup. Our backyard. Had it cut down.

Old 05-15-2009, 09:12 PM

Quote:

Please note the date of the cactus thread: 1/09
http://www.city-data.com/forum/tucso...tus-bloom.html

and yours: 4/09
http://www.city-data.com/forum/tucso...wind-stop.html

I do have a great memory. Have a wonderful day!

Old 05-15-2009, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by observer53 View Post
The Palo Verdes MAY not be your allergy problem. People tend to attribute their allergies to things that are obvious to sight or smell. Those things are often not the culprit. (Orange blossoms have taken a bad rap for years, and they are most definitely not the cause of allergy symptoms, which are caused by other plants that bloom or go to seed at the same time)

As to the blossoms in the pool, well, yes, that is a problem that you'll just have to wait out.
Could be...I am coming up on being here just one year. I am still learning the varieties. It is hard to discern what my congestion is coming from.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihynes View Post
When I lived in Arizona, I got extreme allergies to the California Ash trees planted in housing developments that dated to the early 1980s ... guess where the biggest ash tree in our neighborhood was. Yup. Our backyard. Had it cut down.
I am thinking of doing the same...the problem is that the tree is my West sun blocker.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson