Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2009, 05:34 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,534,028 times

Advertisements

Like many people, I am intrigued by a good ghost (or just weird ghostly/supernatural) story/sighting. I am generally one not to believe this sort of stuff, or even believe my own eyes when I see something I can not explain - but nevertheless, I enjoy the story and the sensation it causes.

The other night, just shortly after the sun was down - I pulled into the front yard of a house for rent to get a better look (I know, looking while the sun is up is more efficient.)

As I am scoping out the front of the place - I see in a side window the curtains slightly shift, and what appears to be the upper half of a face from the nose up peering out at me. All the sudden it was gone. It did not appear to pull away or move, but rather just disappear. The face was white. White like the background of this page. There was no detail.

Now there were no cars in the drive, the place appeared to be vacant - so I started to write it off as someone was still living inside (or maybe a squatter) and was just looking out to see what the blinding white light coming in the window was all about (yay for hi-beams!)

Then my girlfriend commented she saw a face. Normally I would say confirmation that someone was indeed inside the house - but the quality of her voice, I can't explain it - but she seemed very uneasy about it and it just added to the odd feeling I had about it.

I've seen a lot of even weirder stuff in the past and I'll maybe post it here - but I'd like to hear from you folks first!

Have you experienced anything ghostly or supernatural?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2009, 06:42 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
Default ...

Old 05-18-2009, 10:29 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,334,196 times
Yes.
Excerpt from an Epinions post I made back in 2001:

I am not a superstitious man. I am intelligent. I am educated. I am rational. I don’t believe in Ouija boards. I don’t believe in palm reading. I don’t believe in tarot cards. I certainly don’t believe in 900 numbers that you can call for $3/minute to have your future told. I don’t believe in alien abductions – and I believe that anyone who says they were abducted is either crazy or out to make a buck or both. And I don’t believe in ghosts – at least that’s what I tell myself.

There are of course the encounters at my parents’ house (now long sold) in Lynnwood, Washington that scared the living daylights out of me – not once but twice. Yes, there are those. I try not to think too much about them though – for to do so upsets my nice neat understanding of the world – upsets it far, far too much. And so I tell myself it didn’t happen. I tell myself it was late and I was tired. I tell myself there was no troubled spirit, no specter, no ghost. I tell myself I was alone in that kitchen as I opened the refrigerator door and bent low to scan for a midnight snack. Alone as I rummaged through the pickles and mustard and honey-baked ham. Alone as my mother and father and younger siblings all slumbered peacefully in their beds.
Alone.
All alone.

If I heard something, it was the television in the living room as Gilda Radner whined “Never mind!”
If I saw something, it was the lights of a passing car flickering across the white lace curtains.

That’s all it was.
That's all.

And yet… it was so vivid, so clear, so shocking and totally unexpected – and yes (I have to admit) so startling and frightening that even now as I sit here typing this, the hair on the back of my neck begins stand on end – and the icy cold fingers trickle up and down my spine just as they did that very evening. You know the feeling: the dead certainty that someone unseen is watching you. The tingle begins at the nape of your neck and then spreads across your shoulder blades as it ripples down your spine. You shiver, develop goosebumps – and then you look around. You know the feeling. You’ve felt it yourself. As did I that very night.

But that night there was more – much, much more: for through the corner of my eye, briefly, for just a single terrifying moment I saw a woman dressed in white (yes I know: how cliché – but I can only tell you what I saw). Her dress was long and frilly and she was beautiful: tall and slender with long blond hair, her skin pale as moonlight on a freshly fallen field of snow. For a moment I saw her – just a moment – and only through the corner of my eye. She stared at me in silence – her expression unfathomable. I gasped (and sent the “French’s” clattering to the floor) then turned to face her… but she was gone – leaving me gasping and rubbing at my eyes. I never did go to bed that night and (I have to admit) turned the TV up just a little louder than normal.

I saw her once again that year - once again late at night with I alone awake. As I passed a corridor long and dark, a bathroom at the end, I saw her standing in the shadows through the corner of my eye. So sudden and brief and totally unexpected was the sight, that I had passed the corridor before the image registered within my brain. I freely admit that my eyes watered and my heart pounded as I nervously backed up a step to peer cautiously around the corner. I’m not sure if it was disappointment or relief I felt as I saw that she was gone. I just know that I was very, very frightened.

More -

Haunted Verdun: I AM a man of science! I AM a man of reason! - France - Epinions.com

Ken

Old 05-18-2009, 10:35 PM

LOL Zony.
I'd rep you if I could - if for no other reason than the great laugh you gave me tonight.
THANKS!

Ken

Old 05-18-2009, 11:52 PM

16,077 posts, read 28,557,959 times
Scrolling thru and "Haunting "caught my eye. Enjoyed reading both posts. Well I quess the OP marked that house off their list of rentals. Although I'm a believer, I've never had an experience of this sort. I'm a collector of vintage and antique myself and have heard stories about buying beloved possesions of the deceased. My sons GF keeps telling me she see's a ghost in the house where she's living. A kid in a white tee shirt, out of corner of her eye, she gets a glimse of him. After 2yrs., finally decided to take her camera and just started snapping pics all over the house. So, after nagging her to see the pics, which she hadn't yet developed stlll on the memory card in the camera, It's amazing what a camera can pick up, that the human eye doesn't see. Orbs, red, green, white, small, large, ectoplasm, I swear she has a mirror thats haunted and asked her how she had aquired it. In the corner near the ceiling in the den was a shadowy figure of a man with a beard, who she thinks could be her deceased father.
Nothing of the boy in the white tee shirt though. She plans to continue her investigation. I just hope none of them trail along with her when she comes here.

Old 05-19-2009, 10:49 AM

For fun:

Haunted Tucson, Arizona!

Haunted New Arizona

Ken

Old 05-19-2009, 12:59 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,350,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
LOL Zony.
I'd rep you if I could - if for no other reason than the great laugh you gave me tonight.
THANKS!

Ken

Old 05-19-2009, 03:11 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,534,028 times
I want more stories!

Try this one. Nothing seen - but the effects were left to be found:

A couple years ago, my parents had asked me if I could stop by every day for a long weekend, to make sure their pets all were fed and watered, and do the general "keep an eye on the place" type stuff.

Now this is the house I grew up in, and my mom swears up and down that the place is haunted. I've never actually seen anything myself there - but there have been quite a few strange happenings.

Anyway - one of the days I am over there, I am in the kitchen refilling the cats water dish and I hear the door lock mechanism on the front wrought iron door (this thing makes noise you can hear through out the house). I open the interior door to peek out, thinking maybe they came home early, unlocked the door and went back to the vehicle to get something forgotten. Nope, no one is there. I use the handle and the door is locked. I know I didn't lock it. In and out- no reason to lock myself in.

Ok, that was weird. So I go back to the kitchen and finish my chore. Time to go: I open the interior door to find the wrought iron door is now not only unlocked, but partially opened. I did not hear anything this time, which is really strange because that door is out of square and it makes noise when you open/close it, no matter how carefully you try.

At that point, I go back inside, clear the house to make sure I'm not locking in any intruders, and quickly make my way back to my own home.

It sure was strange.

Old 05-19-2009, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
I want more stories!

Try this one. Nothing seen - but the effects were left to be found:

A couple years ago, my parents had asked me if I could stop by every day for a long weekend, to make sure their pets all were fed and watered, and do the general "keep an eye on the place" type stuff.

Now this is the house I grew up in, and my mom swears up and down that the place is haunted. I've never actually seen anything myself there - but there have been quite a few strange happenings.

Anyway - one of the days I am over there, I am in the kitchen refilling the cats water dish and I hear the door lock mechanism on the front wrought iron door (this thing makes noise you can hear through out the house). I open the interior door to peek out, thinking maybe they came home early, unlocked the door and went back to the vehicle to get something forgotten. Nope, no one is there. I use the handle and the door is locked. I know I didn't lock it. In and out- no reason to lock myself in.

Ok, that was weird. So I go back to the kitchen and finish my chore. Time to go: I open the interior door to find the wrought iron door is now not only unlocked, but partially opened. I did not hear anything this time, which is really strange because that door is out of square and it makes noise when you open/close it, no matter how carefully you try.

At that point, I go back inside, clear the house to make sure I'm not locking in any intruders, and quickly make my way back to my own home.

It sure was strange.
That would certainly tend to make you nervous.

Ken

Old 05-21-2009, 06:21 PM

683 posts, read 2,651,680 times
There was an interesting story in the Arizona Daily Star yesterday about the Santa Rita Hotel being haunted.

Ghosts of the Santa Rita Hotel | www.azstarnet.com ® (http://www.azstarnet.com/altds/pastframe/metro/293645 - broken link)

Ghosts of the Santa Rita Hotel
Is demolition stirring up Tucson's old haunts?
By Phil Villarreal
Arizona Daily Star
Tucson, Arizona | Published: 05.20.2009

As if Downtown renewal wasn't enough of a horror story, now some say ghosts have taken over the doomed Santa Rita Hotel.
As owner Humberto Lopez prepares to sell the beleaguered, graffiti-tagged property to Tucson Electric Power, which plans to have the building demolished, the possible current spiritual tenants may be doing a little spooky protesting.
On April 12, police responded to a call from hotel security reporting potentially ghostly happenings. The guard heard footsteps coming from the fourth floor, but police searched the hotel room by room and found nothing. A week later, a guard reported that a light on the fourth floor came on, and it sounded like someone was moving around in the room. Police checked the room and adjacent floors and found no one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: