Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2007, 01:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,167 times

Advertisements

This is my first post here so I hope that I am doing this correctly. If the job is in Ft. Gibson, then I would look at living in Ft. Gibson or Tahlequah. I think that Broken Arrow would be quite a commute even though it is comparable in size to Edmond. Broken Arrow is supposed to have good schools. I have always liked Tahlequah but I don't know anything about their schools. Tahlequah does have an university and that often means that the public schools are pretty good. That isn't a guarantee though.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2007, 07:49 AM

6 posts, read 37,951 times
Thanks for all the help. We will not be living in Muskogee. No offense to anyone who lives there, but it is not the place for us. We will probably look to build in the Fort Gibson school district. I do like the BA area, but that's too much of a drive especially in bad weather situations. I found a site that lists all oklahoma schools test scores and stats- fort gibson schools looked to be the best in the area. Of course nothing will compare to Edmond for me, but we will do our best!

Old 09-21-2007, 11:46 PM

2 posts, read 6,086 times
Default Hi guys i am moving to broken arrow

hi me noel and a friend nadeem are moving to broken arrow. we have few connections there that aren't helpful thats why we need ur help us find a single bedroom apartment and a car that would cost the tops(4000$) plz. we'll be thankful cuz we live in newyork and have no idea for things work in oklahoma.
ur help will be strongly appreciated!

Old 09-26-2007, 05:32 AM

11,887 posts, read 36,909,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noelniamat View Post
hi me noel and a friend nadeem are moving to broken arrow. we have few connections there that aren't helpful thats why we need ur help us find a single bedroom apartment and a car that would cost the tops(4000$) plz. we'll be thankful cuz we live in newyork and have no idea for things work in oklahoma.
ur help will be strongly appreciated!
noel you might try craigslist for the car and apartment.

Old 09-27-2007, 10:42 PM

4 posts, read 12,570 times
Wondered if anyone had an opinion on Edmond for retirees/ Also looking at Enid,Ok. Would be relocating from Ga. Cost of living, housing, transportation, activities, etc. We're in our early sixties. Thanks, Andy46

Old 09-28-2007, 02:55 AM

3,160 posts, read 10,617,212 times
You might get more replies on the OKC or OK forums.

Cost of living: low
Housing: low prices and plenty available
Transportation: you need a car
Activities: probably anything you want, anything specific?

Old 09-28-2007, 03:02 AM

5,004 posts, read 15,346,950 times
Joyle,

Post what you did on the Oklahoma forum, not OKC or Tulsa. You will get a lot more replies as Peggy stated.

Old 01-15-2008, 12:43 PM

1 posts, read 2,026 times
My family and I are planning a move to the Fort Gibson area at the end of the schoolyear. My husband has family there who enjoy the school system. I am from a small town in southern OK and have never lived anywhere else. Did you move to the area? If so, how do you like it?

Old 01-15-2008, 10:23 PM

265 posts, read 904,023 times
My family is still in Broken Arrow now and love this community. I grew up in Broken Arrow public schools and got a wonderful education and am now going to school in Boston, MA. The commute to Muskogee would not be too much from BA. If you choose to live on the south side of BA, you can take the Creek Turnpike and hook up with the Muskogee Turnpike. If you live on the north side, you can hop on the Broken Arrow expressway (highway 51) which turns into the Muskogee Turnpike. There is a lot of new retail that will be built around 177th and the Broken Arrow expressway, including Target and Marshall's and over 1 million sq. ft. of retail and restaurants within a square mile of that. I would invite you to come to Broken Arrow and enjoy the many things that are offered to help your family enjoy life.

By the way...great post Goodpasture

Old 01-15-2008, 10:25 PM

265 posts, read 904,023 times
My family is still in Broken Arrow now and love this community. I grew up in Broken Arrow public schools and got a wonderful education and am now going to school in Boston, MA. The commute to Muskogee would not be too much from BA. If you choose to live on the south side of BA, you can take the Creek Turnpike and hook up with the Muskogee Turnpike. If you live on the north side, you can hop on the Broken Arrow expressway (highway 51) which turns into the Muskogee Turnpike. There is a lot of new retail that will be built around 177th and the Broken Arrow expressway, including Target and Marshall's and over 1 million sq. ft. of retail and restaurants within a square mile of that. I would invite you to come to Broken Arrow and enjoy the many things that are offered to help your family enjoy life.

If I can help you in telling you more about Broken Arrow, please let me know.

By the way...great post Goodpasture
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Oklahoma > Tulsa