Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-02-2016, 03:54 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
Lol! Yeah, I can't imagine him eating something so decadent. Somehow a Pastie made with fish filling sounds horrible - but then tuna sandwiches are good so who knows? Maybe there is such a thing . . . after all, Port Isaac/Wenn is a fishing village. Now filled with crab or lobster might be OK. A new story line idea here - like a business venture for Al or Bert?
The poor Larges can't handle what they've got now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 08:38 AM

14,820 posts, read 12,026,546 times
Quote:
There's a tiny parking space to the left of his office if one were facing it from the street. That must be lots of fun in the winter. Plus trying to back out on the equally tiny road. Yikes! No wonder so many people across the pond drive very small cars.

I've seen some of those push/pull garages here in Grass Valley in Northern California. Keeping it on topic, Grass Valley's sister city is Bodmin, in Cornwall, which is mentioned periodically on Doc Martin. GV is an old gold mining town and many of the miners came from Cornwall, so it makes sense that there would be commonalities, which also includes some of the historic buildings which are similar to Port Isaac (Port Wenn). Cornish Pasties (a meat and potato pie) are a big deal in GV - and I do believe there have been references, or visuals, of Cornish Pasties on Doc Martin. Small world and all that!
Cornish winters are incredibly mild (hence the palm trees for eg), frost is rare snow even rarer (apart from the tops of the moors perhaps)

Old 04-03-2016, 12:36 PM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
Cornish winters are incredibly mild (hence the palm trees for eg), frost is rare snow even rarer (apart from the tops of the moors perhaps)
I don't think it's ever rained in Doc Martin series .

Old 04-04-2016, 07:27 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,750 times
Quote:
There's a tiny parking space to the left of his office if one were facing it from the street. That must be lots of fun in the winter. Plus trying to back out on the equally tiny road. Yikes! No wonder so many people across the pond drive very small cars.

I've seen some of those push/pull garages here in Grass Valley in Northern California. Keeping it on topic, Grass Valley's sister city is Bodmin, in Cornwall, which is mentioned periodically on Doc Martin. GV is an old gold mining town and many of the miners came from Cornwall, so it makes sense that there would be commonalities, which also includes some of the historic buildings which are similar to Port Isaac (Port Wenn). Cornish Pasties (a meat and potato pie) are a big deal in GV - and I do believe there have been references, or visuals, of Cornish Pasties on Doc Martin. Small world and all that!
Small world, indeed. I grew up in GV and I miss those pasties. You forgot to mention Cornish Christmas.

Old 04-04-2016, 08:03 AM

2,528 posts, read 2,780,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by another_hot-day View Post
Small world, indeed. I grew up in GV and I miss those pasties. You forgot to mention Cornish Christmas.
Ah yes! How could I forget the wind tunnel that is Mill Street on a frosty winter night! I was just up there on business last week - traffic central. It was jammed with tourists, several of whom were having trouble negotiating the narrow and hilly streets. It's a special place for sure. I should have gotten a Pastie while I was there. Gotta do that next time.

Last edited by movinon; 04-04-2016 at 08:26 AM.. Reason: clarification

Old 04-04-2016, 09:10 AM

2,722 posts, read 5,471,750 times
Quote:
Ah yes! How could I forget the wind tunnel that is Mill Street on a frosty winter night! I was just up there on business last week - traffic central. It was jammed with tourists, several of whom were having trouble negotiating the narrow and hilly streets. It's a special place for sure. I should have gotten a Pastie while I was there. Gotta do that next time.
I heard King Richards closed. They made the best ones.
I haven't been back home in 20 years. I think I am due.

Old 04-16-2016, 12:27 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Cold yesterday in the town but had to get photos for you on here... this is the cafe frequented by Martin each morning while filming.. freezing there though... more pleasant on a nice sunny day.

Doctors surgery..

[url=http://lunapic.com][/URL

Old 04-16-2016, 12:43 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,316,296 times
Thank you Dizzy. Enjoyed the pics

Old 04-16-2016, 01:35 PM

18,528 posts, read 18,752,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theoldnorthstate View Post
Thank you Dizzy. Enjoyed the pics
welcome friend...lots more ..

Old 04-16-2016, 01:35 PM

2,528 posts, read 2,780,627 times
Thank you!!! You just made my day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV