Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-13-2011, 12:55 PM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times

Advertisements

WARNING SPOILER FROM THE GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES below.....

Spoiler
Ok, so just read first volume of the graphic novel and it's a shame they didn't stick with the original and have Shane killed early and played by Gary Sinise.

Also curious if Glen will stay on the farm with maggie or if they will leave together etc?

I fully expect the people left behind at the farm to die horribly within the year. They lack the people and firepower to deal with a modest pack of walkers like the 10 or so that attacked the camp leading to the death of Andrea's sister. The farm owner himself alludes to only ever having a few show up at a time...eventually their luck will run out.

Looking forward to getting volume 2 soon.

Old 12-13-2011, 06:21 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,268,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
WARNING SPOILER FROM THE GRAPHIC NOVEL SERIES below.....

Spoiler
Ok, so just read first volume of the graphic novel and it's a shame they didn't stick with the original and have Shane killed early and played by Gary Sinise.

Also curious if Glen will stay on the farm with maggie or if they will leave together etc?

I fully expect the people left behind at the farm to die horribly within the year. They lack the people and firepower to deal with a modest pack of walkers like the 10 or so that attacked the camp leading to the death of Andrea's sister. The farm owner himself alludes to only ever having a few show up at a time...eventually their luck will run out.

Looking forward to getting volume 2 soon.
If you live volume one you're going to love volume 2&3! You can probably find them all at a used book store if they got a graphic novel section. That way you can read volumes back to back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Oh common, you don't think I would make that up?

Ok, here is the source...

Walking Dead Season 2 Snags True Blood Star Rutina Wesley For Cool Michonne Role | Hollywood Hills
Since this information was deemed non spoiler, Hollywood Hills goes on to mention Michonne's character will be introduced in Episode 13 when the show returns from hiatus. Anyone got any thoughts as to how she will be introduced and how will this correspond to the group?

Old 12-14-2011, 12:35 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,501,220 times
Spoilers are no longer allowed in this thread. All spoilers regarding this show are to be here: The Walking Dead *SPOILER* Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 02:59 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
If you live volume one you're going to love volume 2&3! You can probably find them all at a used book store if they got a graphic novel section. That way you can read volumes back to back.

Since this information was deemed non spoiler, Hollywood Hills goes on to mention Michonne's character will be introduced in Episode 13 when the show returns from hiatus. Anyone got any thoughts as to how she will be introduced and how will this correspond to the group?
I seriously hope they do add her, I am sick of nothing but wimpy women, it's time for women to kick some ass too. I wonder how the group will react to her walking around with zombies attached to her, or if they will even have that in the live version, that might not work live and the make up costs would be high. I would think the rest of the group would want to kill her walkers, especially after just killing Sophia.

Old 12-14-2011, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
I seriously hope they do add her, I am sick of nothing but wimpy women, it's time for women to kick some ass too. I wonder how the group will react to her walking around with zombies attached to her, or if they will even have that in the live version, that might not work live and the make up costs would be high. I would think the rest of the group would want to kill her walkers, especially after just killing Sophia.
Ya, that would be cool.

I think we're finally going to see the women change into a more stronger roles here pretty soon. We saw a little of that with Andrea in the last couple episodes. Carol may flip and turn into Sarah Connor after what happened to Sophia. Lori is still an emotional train wreck worried about raising baby up in a zombie world and dealing with two men on top of that. Glenn's girl however is just about there in my opinion. She did get spooked the last time with that walker in the Pharmacy but I think she let her guard down due to her emotional connection with Glenn...just more relaxed around him but could be wrong.

Old 12-14-2011, 10:51 PM

Quote:
Ya, that would be cool.

I think we're finally going to see the women change into a more stronger roles here pretty soon. We saw a little of that with Andrea in the last couple episodes. Carol may flip and turn into Sarah Connor after what happened to Sophia. Lori is still an emotional train wreck worried about raising baby up in a zombie world and dealing with two men on top of that. Glenn's girl however is just about there in my opinion. She did get spooked the last time with that walker in the Pharmacy but I think she let her guard down due to her emotional connection with Glenn...just more relaxed around him but could be wrong.
Yeah, Andrea is definitely getting there now that she seems to be over wanting to die, and Maggie has shown strength, and will likely only get stronger now that the barn situation is over, and she survived that attack, and realizes how dangerous walkers really are, that seemed to be a real wake up call for her. I hope Carol chooses to funnel her grief into protecting the group by becoming more of a soldier, I think she will now that she doesn't have Sophia to live for, she can start taking more risks. If they make Carol fall apart for more than a very short time I will be angry, these people should know that they don't have the luxury of falling apart, it puts the whole group in danger if people constantly have to be concerned about someone.

I just don't buy how wimpy these women have been, it's not realistic at all, in a real zombie apocalypse women wouldn't be sitting around sewing all day, they would have guns and knives, and know how to use them. They would also be teaching their kids to use them, Lori freaking over Carl using a gun is just stupid, these are different times, a mother would want her child to be able to protect himself. It's really frustrating for me to watch because I'm a woman and there is no way I would be depending on men to protect me. I don't even do that now, as a human being it's my responsibility to do everything in my power to protect myself, and my children. I can't just sit around mending clothes all day, and hope some guy will be there if I get in trouble, that's irresponsible, wimpy women put the men in more danger as well.

I don't know if there is any hope for Lori, anyone who is careless enough to get pregnant when walkers are everywhere is just going to be a liability to the group. I guess she supports Rick, but if she doesn't get it together, and learn to protect herself she is going to get him, or someone else killed.

Last edited by detshen; 12-14-2011 at 11:02 PM..

Old 12-14-2011, 11:53 PM

Quote:
Yeah, Andrea is definitely getting there now that she seems to be over wanting to die, and Maggie has shown strength, and will likely only get stronger now that the barn situation is over, and she survived that attack, and realizes how dangerous walkers really are, that seemed to be a real wake up call for her. I hope Carol chooses to funnel her grief into protecting the group by becoming more of a soldier, I think she will now that she doesn't have Sophia to live for, she can start taking more risks. If they make Carol fall apart for more than a very short time I will be angry, these people should know that they don't have the luxury of falling apart, it puts the whole group in danger if people constantly have to be concerned about someone.

I just don't buy how wimpy these women have been, it's not realistic at all, in a real zombie apocalypse women wouldn't be sitting around sewing all day, they would have guns and knives, and know how to use them. They would also be teaching their kids to use them, Lori freaking over Carl using a gun is just stupid, these are different times, a mother would want her child to be able to protect himself. It's really frustrating for me to watch because I'm a woman and there is no way I would be depending on men to protect me. I don't even do that now, as a human being it's my responsibility to do everything in my power to protect myself, and my children. I can't just sit around mending clothes all day, and hope some guy will be there if I get in trouble, that's irresponsible, wimpy women put the men in more danger as well.

I don't know if there is any hope for Lori, anyone who is careless enough to get pregnant when walkers are everywhere is just going to be a liability to the group. I guess she supports Rick, but if she doesn't get it together, and learn to protect herself she is going to get him, or someone else killed.
Yes ma'am, you remind me of my mother

Anyhow, I suspect the part with Lori and Carl shooting was maybe targeted at younger viewers...some kinda disclaimer? Carl is more than old enough to learn firearm safety and how to shoot. And this in my opinion is very important during a Zombie Apocalpyse.

Old 12-15-2011, 01:07 AM

Quote:
Yes ma'am, you remind me of my mother

Anyhow, I suspect the part with Lori and Carl shooting was maybe targeted at younger viewers...some kinda disclaimer? Carl is more than old enough to learn firearm safety and how to shoot. And this in my opinion is very important during a Zombie Apocalpyse.
I learned how to shoot at camp when I was 11, I learned how to use a bow and arrow there also, there was no reason Carl and Sophia shouldn't have known how to use a gun. Teaching them to be very responsible with firearms could be of benefit to younger viewers.

Old 12-15-2011, 07:12 AM

Quote:
I learned how to shoot at camp when I was 11, I learned how to use a bow and arrow there also, there was no reason Carl and Sophia shouldn't have known how to use a gun. Teaching them to be very responsible with firearms could be of benefit to younger viewers.
Awesome!

I agree and favor education over sheltering kids. You just never know what the future holds. In the case of Lori and Rick, they live in a very dangerous world and could easily die tomorrow leaving Carl to defend for him self at a very young age. So yes, Carl needs to learn how to use a firearm...even if it's Shane teaching him!

Old 12-15-2011, 08:07 AM

78,432 posts, read 60,613,724 times
Quote:

My money is that Andrea is going to get killed sooner than later. Unfortunately, Lori won't.....which is disappointing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV