Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-22-2010, 07:51 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times

Advertisements

I don't think the old couple at the farm turned because they killed themselves before they became infected. It looks like the writers are going with typical zombie lore, where it's the bite that infects a person--it's not airborne. And when Rick was at the farm, everything was still new to him, and he still wasn't entirely certain of what was happening so he probably wasn't thinking about busting into a house with dead bodies in it. Now he's jaded and wouldn't blink twice.

I wonder how long until the sister (Amy?) comes back to life as a zombie?

Quote:
The group at camp would head back there if they were smart.
City means more supplies, but also more zombies. They're safer where they are, or at least in a less-populated area.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:01 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,558,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda120 View Post
).

Oh, at the end of 11/21's show, who was the woman/girl who died?
The girl who died was the younger sister of the woman who was over her.

Was surprised that the other people were actually good and caring people. kept waiting for Merle to show up while they were at the campfire. Didn't expect a bunch of zombies.

Old 11-22-2010, 09:43 AM

3,828 posts, read 8,473,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYTom View Post
Was it me or did it look like Shane was getting caught up and bit by the walkers? They show him at the end unharmed. I felt real bad for the sisters.
I thought the same thing about Shane. Turns out it was a redshirt who just happened to look like Shane. I rewatched it in slo-mo to double check, and of course it was confirmed at the end when Shane survived.

Quote:
Back to the city. The big show down gets interupted by Grandma? C'mon!
I was the same way, but the more you think about it and realize that Guillermo was just posing and isn't really a hardcore kind of guy, the more it makes sense.

Quote:
It looks like those city folks have the better fortress. The group at camp would head back there if they were smart.
Yeah, but as fleetiebelle said the city = more zombies. I still would head further out to the country...far away from the city...and find a suitable place out there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
I don't think the old couple at the farm turned because they killed themselves before they became infected. It looks like the writers are going with typical zombie lore, where it's the bite that infects a person--it's not airborne. And when Rick was at the farm, everything was still new to him, and he still wasn't entirely certain of what was happening so he probably wasn't thinking about busting into a house with dead bodies in it. Now he's jaded and wouldn't blink twice.
Exactly...and makes me wonder if they'll head back to that same farm.

Quote:
I wonder how long until the sister (Amy?) comes back to life as a zombie?
Will she? I'm not sure I fully understand how someone becomes infected. I don't guess they've spelled it out. My understanding was (according to the African-American father/son in the pilot episode) that if you're bitten but survive the actual attack, you get infected and become a zombie. But if you die from your wounds, you just die.

Quote:
City means more supplies, but also more zombies. They're safer where they are, or at least in a less-populated area.
Amen. Head to the hills and make a fortress.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:03 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Exactly...and makes me wonder if they'll head back to that same farm.
Or *any* farm, really. It seems like they'd be safer in an actual building they could fortify and that might have supplies and tools, rather than camping out in the open.

Old 11-22-2010, 10:40 AM

And it would be sustainable...provided there were already crops in the ground and some livestock nearby, you could live off the land for a long while.

Old 11-22-2010, 12:16 PM

5,521 posts, read 7,112,574 times
I'm pretty sure if one gets killed by a zombie than they will become a zombie according to Zombie Rules and Regulations, Article 4, Paragraph L.

In Night of the Living Dead, Both Johnny and that creepy daughter in the basement both were zombified.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:21 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
But if that were the case, then wouldn't they shoot their heads off instead of burying them????

Old 11-22-2010, 01:37 PM

7,372 posts, read 14,679,772 times
If it was killer zombies world I would hit the local armory and strap up with automatic weapons and pimp out a hummer with barbed wire and roll cages. Then I would snatch up the local hottie and make her mine and drive to the nearest prison and make me a fortress and charge everyone who wants safety. Id make them my little worker bees, like you go forage for mushrooms, you clean the bathroom, you get in here you look good.

Old 11-22-2010, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
But if that were the case, then wouldn't they shoot their heads off instead of burying them????
Exactly...and that's what I was thinking last night.

Old 11-22-2010, 03:25 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skel1977 View Post
If it was killer zombies world I would hit the local armory and strap up with automatic weapons and pimp out a hummer with barbed wire and roll cages. Then I would snatch up the local hottie and make her mine and drive to the nearest prison and make me a fortress and charge everyone who wants safety. Id make them my little worker bees, like you go forage for mushrooms, you clean the bathroom, you get in here you look good.
Move to Alcatraz and take boats on weekly "shopping" trips for food and supplies. If you have the means, find some millionaire's mega-yaht and live on it anchored a few miles offshore.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV