Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2013, 06:29 AM

37 posts, read 36,927 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bassetluv View Post
The entire time I was watching this episode I kept thinking, 'When are they going to address the obvious: Carol had no right to make that decision on her own?' That's what it boiled down to, I think. Not whether or not Carol was right in what she did, but that she had no right to become judge, jury, and executioner, even in an apocalyptic world such as theirs. Rick finally did bring this up toward the end of the episode, but what I find interesting is that in making the decision that he did, he was now doing the same thing as Carol. I can see why he did (just as I can see Carol's reasoning over her actions), but it doesn't make it right.
Maybe, but Carl did worse. He shot a boy who was surrendering his gun to him. And that incident got politely swept under the carpet. No one banished Carl for doing "what he had to do". Karen and David (?) were real threats. Carol had no idea how long they would live before turning but, based on her only experience with Patrick, not long. She thought it was preemptive.

Old 11-04-2013, 06:29 AM

1,632 posts, read 1,850,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Yes, and probably the two watches will will come into play at some point, I liked when the talking dead guy said Carol was like a Walter White
Also I think Carol will meet up with Morgan, I guess he's still around, isn't he ?

Old 11-04-2013, 06:33 AM

10,179 posts, read 11,166,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCboot36 View Post
Maybe, but Carl did worse. He shot a boy who was surrendering his gun to him. And that incident got politely swept under the carpet. No one banished Carl for doing "what he had to do". Karen and David (?) were real threats. Carol had no idea how long they would live before turning but, based on her only experience with Patrick, not long. She thought it was preemptive.
This kid was with the Governors Group though, who was told to kill everyone. He was justified, even though, I didn't like it.

Elsewhere - People are comparing Carol to Shane. I laugh at that. I do like Carol, she will be back as I said...

Old 11-04-2013, 07:16 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post
So... I wonder, is Carol's character essentially "dead" to the show now? Nothing was alluded to that in Talking Dead.
Interesting question, I for one, think she will once again surface, for certain.

Old 11-04-2013, 08:33 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,466,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supplies View Post
Yes, and probably the two watches will will come into play at some point, I liked when the talking dead guy said Carol was like a Walter White
The watches; the whole time, I just kept wondering if these were some type of watches I'm unfamiliar with that have life time batteries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
Rick banished her to protect her from Tyrese in my opinion, he would of killed her. She's not gone forever, she will be back.
That's mostly my feeling, I didn't agree with him taking it upon himself to banish her without talking with the rest of the group, but then again, it probably would have boiled down to the group shooting Tyrese to protect Carole or Carole getting a beat down or death at Tyrese's hands. But then again maybe The talk with Michonne, rubbed off on Tyrese and he might have been less hot headed. Yeah right on the last part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
This kid was with the Governors Group though, who was told to kill everyone. He was justified, even though, I didn't like it.

Elsewhere - People are comparing Carol to Shane. I laugh at that. I do like Carol, she will be back as I said...
I may not feel Carl was exactly justified, but there's a reason the courts prosecute kids differently than they do adults. Carole was an adult, Carl was not different circumstances, no comparison in those circumstances as I see it. Now if Carl at this stage were to take it upon himself and do something like what Carole did, he'd need more harsh punishment. What Carole did was premeditated.

I don't care how one looks at it, Carole nor Rick's actions were justified; neither should have had the last word in the situations. Who do they think they are? The Governor. LOL

Old 11-04-2013, 08:57 AM

9,238 posts, read 22,902,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steelstress View Post

And tonight's Talking was awesome! That Jericho guy should be invited back! Such great insight into the show.
Was that wrestler guy really as intelligent and insightful as I thought he was last night? or did he just seem like a rocket scientist in comparison to Marilyn Manson?

I loved the little inside jokes about how terrible Manson was and how it ruined last week's show.

Yeah, the wrestler could be a regular guest if it were up to me!

Old 11-04-2013, 09:09 AM

6,497 posts, read 11,816,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Was that wrestler guy really as intelligent and insightful as I thought he was last night? or did he just seem like a rocket scientist in comparison to Marilyn Manson?

I loved the little inside jokes about how terrible Manson was and how it ruined last week's show.

Yeah, the wrestler could be a regular guest if it were up to me!
I think Jericho came across as intelligent as he portrayed. I think he has been the most insightful and interesting guest they've had so far since the inception of Talking Dead. And, as they joked last night, he could sit in Hardwicke's chair.

I thought Jericho would make a good "sidekick" for Hardwicke, but that implies someone lesser than the host, and that wouldn't feel right. But if they were to make him a co-host, I'd be cool with that! I'd certainly look forward to his assessment of each episode every week!

Old 11-04-2013, 09:25 AM

377 posts, read 529,684 times
I'm still scratching my head as to which genius thought it would be a good idea to have Marilyn Manson on Talking Dead, "Okay guys, episode3 Talking Dead, who can we get?" "Hey, we can get Marilyn Manson!" "Great! He'll be a great guest, he seems very lively and upbeat! Let's get him!"

Old 11-04-2013, 09:44 AM

1,786 posts, read 2,383,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think Carol will be back.
Since The Walking Dead is going to have a spinoff show in 2015, it's possible Carol could join those survivors.

Now that Carol is gone, I wonder who will Daryl hook up with? I recall reading an interview where Norman Reedus (the actor who plays Daryl) suggested that Daryl will have a love interest this season. At first I thought it might be Sasha but it could be Michonne.

Old 11-04-2013, 09:45 AM

2,802 posts, read 3,190,892 times
I'm sick of the TV show version of Rick. He's such an oversensitive idiot who cannot make the tough decisions. He still appears to be in denial of what's happening and continues to happen. Carl does a better job at handling the tougher things going on around them. If this were real life and I had been in Rick's boots while Carol told her reasons for killing the two sick people, I would have sided with her and left it at that. Then I would have told her to never mention it ever again.

As for The Talking Dead, Chris Jericho was a damn good guest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV