Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-18-2014, 07:21 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times

Advertisements

She saw her sister, "in that field."

In that field. Not nephew.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:31 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
Not liking something does not equal "jumping the shark." I think people throw that phrase around too much.

We went through this a while back, but if it turns out Lizzie killed the adults the show will have committed a gross continuity break. Carol did it.

I think the only way you can hide under a walker is if you do it before the next one sees you. Daryl hid T dog on the highway that way too. The ones that piled on Rick later in that episode with shane and the kid (18 miles out i think) and Carl in the last episode had already spotted them and they were still moving.

I think Michonne can pull off her act because the nearby Zombies mask her smell and that since they aren't bothering her, the rest won't swarm. Everybody stays cool. But once she starts making moves and killing them it sends them into a frenzy like kicking over an ant bed.
I'm fine with the following points that they've established with Michonne:

1. Zombies can be enslaved or used as pack animals if they are disarmed and disjawed (a new word)?
2. Zombies won't attack if she has enslaved zombies nearby as they are effectively masking her scent
3. Zombies wont' attack if a person is covered in zombie blood

What I'm not OK with is the fact that these points have never really been discussed with the larger group or used as a strategy by anyone other than Michonne. In one of the episodes, Rick was baffled that Michonne was able to stand amongst the zombies without being attacked and I don't remember it being mentioned again. You'd think that it would be used as a survival tactic. I understand the need for dramatic tension, but there are ways that you could use these ideas and still get into trouble. It would make more sense than every episode being "oh, damn, zombies snuck up on us again".

Also, about Lizzy, maybe you all are right. I insisted that Nicole killed Hope and Brady's kid on Days of Our Lives until long after it was established that she didn't, so I've been known to be wrong.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:37 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
She saw her sister, "in that field."

In that field. Not nephew.

I'll have to triple check,. i listend twice this time i'll put ont he closed captions.

Old 02-18-2014, 07:46 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,617,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deb8997 View Post
I'll have to triple check,. i listend twice this time i'll put ont he closed captions.
I'm pretty certain she said sister, too, for what is worth (not much).

Old 02-18-2014, 07:48 AM

1,422 posts, read 3,441,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I'm pretty certain she said sister, too, for what is worth (not much).
yes i thought i heard sister and nephew..

Old 02-18-2014, 07:58 AM

10,178 posts, read 11,165,274 times
It sounded like nephew to me as well, but Many said it was in that field... I watched the episode again and listened very carefully - It could be mistaken for Nephew or field... But I do believe she said field... Her voice wasn't really clear...

I would like to know how she knew Glenn's name... Wedidn't hear him tell her, unless Hershel mentioned it when he was kidnapped by the Gov..

Old 02-18-2014, 08:48 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
I'm fine with the following points that they've established with Michonne:

1. Zombies can be enslaved or used as pack animals if they are disarmed and disjawed (a new word)?
2. Zombies won't attack if she has enslaved zombies nearby as they are effectively masking her scent
3. Zombies wont' attack if a person is covered in zombie blood

What I'm not OK with is the fact that these points have never really been discussed with the larger group or used as a strategy by anyone other than Michonne. In one of the episodes, Rick was baffled that Michonne was able to stand amongst the zombies without being attacked and I don't remember it being mentioned again. You'd think that it would be used as a survival tactic. I understand the need for dramatic tension, but there are ways that you could use these ideas and still get into trouble. It would make more sense than every episode being "oh, damn, zombies snuck up on us again".

I agree with those points, some of which I've mentioned bugs me, but because I do enjoy much else about the show and because, well, I've accepted the zombies themselves, I've had to let it go in order for my brain to just keep enjoying the mayhem. Not saying I don't still do a lot of eye rolling and wonderment at the writing at times, but, unless the zombies start flying, I'm managing to manage my irritation. and still look forward to each new episode with great anticipation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torn2pieces View Post
It sounded like nephew to me as well, but Many said it was in that field... I watched the episode again and listened very carefully - It could be mistaken for Nephew or field... But I do believe she said field... Her voice wasn't really clear...

I would like to know how she knew Glenn's name... Wedidn't hear him tell her, unless Hershel mentioned it when he was kidnapped by the Gov..
I thought the name thing was a bit odd too, maybe we missed something, but then, they let that accent of Maggie's slide, so who knows what's going on with the people they hire to catch such mistakes.

Old 02-18-2014, 09:45 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
I hate the way theyre gearing the show to appeal more and more to the fanatic comic book readers, I never read the comics, and have no plans to ever read the comics. I think this show just jumped the shark
If you have never read the comics, how could you know if the TV show is gearing towards or away from them?

Old 02-18-2014, 10:39 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,198,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQConvict View Post
If you have never read the comics, how could you know if the TV show is gearing towards or away from them?
Indeed.

Old 02-18-2014, 10:42 AM

3,393 posts, read 4,011,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I never thought about Lizzy being the possible killer and Carol taking the blame but I can see it now. That little girl is a psycho!
I've always thought it was Carl that really killed them. After all, they keep eluding to the idea that he thinks Rick gives people too many chances. Also, I thought it was very out of character for Carol to do it. I thought it would be interesting if Rick had to confront it was his own son AFTER he exiled Carol for the same thing.

Another thought. Maybe the idea is that most kids that grow up during the zombie apocalypse are bound to be sociopaths...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV