Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-17-2014, 05:47 PM

5,654 posts, read 6,217,411 times

Advertisements

I am still enjoying the show but I have to say, the commercial breaks are atrocious. It's getting to the point that I think there are more ads than show. Getting close to making it no longer worth watching.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:48 PM

13,933 posts, read 12,896,363 times
I liked this epi a LOT better than the last one. They should have switched the order of these last two epi's if you ask me, but it was a good one.

This is the first episode in which they have really made Lizzy's psychopathic tendencies apparent, and taking her actions in to account, it gives a lot more credence to the theory that maybe she killed Karen and David and Carol took the blame. I criticized that theory when people first started espousing it because there was a lack of clear evidence for it, but now I think they may have been on to something. I guess I can suspend my belief of the fact that in real life had Lizzy cut those rabbits they would have squealed very loudly.

I was very dissapointed to see Tara had survived, lol. I've been waiting for her inevitable transformation in to a walker since her debut on to the show.

Last edited by WhipperSnapper 88; 02-17-2014 at 06:08 PM..

Old 02-17-2014, 05:52 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
It is still psychotic behavior in this or any life.

What the Gov did and has done would make him a mass murderer. Quite like a serial killer. What that kid is doing is pretty much what leads up to that in that she butchers animals. How you can excuse the Gov for his behavior when he is an example of the end result is...puzzling.
I agree. The Governor was a psychopath.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourian View Post
I did and it is apparent to me there's a lot of things you missed or refuse to see about this show that are too important to omit and continue on with this discussion.

Lol, some people see a show from an entirely different, { sometimes nonexistent } perspective than everyone else. I don't get it either.

Old 02-17-2014, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowGirl View Post
I am still enjoying the show but I have to say, the commercial breaks are atrocious. It's getting to the point that I think there are more ads than show. Getting close to making it no longer worth watching.
three letters for you...

D.V.R.

Changed my tv viewing forever.

If I don't want to watch commercials, I just record it and watch it later, or join the show 15 minutes in and rewind to the beginning.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:01 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,746,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
I liked this epi a LOT better than the last one. They should have switched the order of these last two epi's if you ask me, but it was a good one.

This is the first episode in which they have really made Lizzy's psychopathic tendencies apparent, and taking her actions in to account, it gives a lot more credence to the theory that maybe she killed Karen and David and Carol took the blame. I criticized that theory when people first started espousing it because there was a lack of clear evidence for it, but now I think they may have been on to something. I guess I can suspend my belief of the fact that in real life had Lizzy cut those rabbits they would have squealed very loudly.
I never thought about Lizzy being the possible killer and Carol taking the blame but I can see it now. That little girl is a psycho!

Old 02-17-2014, 06:06 PM

One thing that is really tripping me up about this show is it's lack of continuity in one aspect....

You know how michonne has her "pets" so that she can walk amongst walkers? They don't seem to apply that concept evenly throughout. For example, in season two, in the episode "18 miles out" when the walkers started climbing out the window of the school, Rick killed one and then laid it on top of him and the next walker to come out supposedly "didn't see him because of the dead walker he had laying on him. There have been several other instances, like last week when Carl killed a walker and it landed on him but yet the walkers kept after him. What's up with that?

And, let someone from the group run in to a herd of walkers and they will all attack them, but yet when michonne is dragging two of them behind her, she can walk right in the middle of a heard unoticed? Why is that?

Maybe it has something to do with drawing attention to yourself after you are already inside the herd or something. I don't know, either way I find it a very confusing concept that seems to only apply when convenient.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
I never thought about Lizzy being the possible killer and Carol taking the blame but I can see it now. That little girl is a psycho!
Yep it will be interesting to see how her character developes in the next few episodes.

Old 02-17-2014, 06:46 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
three letters for you...

D.V.R.

Changed my tv viewing forever.

If I don't want to watch commercials, I just record it and watch it later, or join the show 15 minutes in and rewind to the beginning.
Absolutely, I often start shows 15 minutes, or so in and FF through all the commercials. I love DVRs!

Old 02-17-2014, 06:55 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
That's an interesting idea, but why not tell Rick when he kicker her out? I understand trying to protect her, but Rick, and the others would have likely worked to help her since she is a child. Would Lizzy be strong enough to pull the bodies out?

IDK, I always found that act so strange, it didn't feel like something Carol would do, but those horrible circumstances can change people. I'm interested to see where it goes. I happened to catch Melissa McBride's name in the credits, I wasn't sure if it had always been there, or if she was going to be in it. I'm happy to see her back, and in such a dramatic predicament.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV