Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2014, 09:11 AM

8,757 posts, read 9,464,673 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Zombies can't swim. You can use a fishing trawler to drag a net load of them out to sea an watch them float away with the current. Once the island is cleared it is the best place to be because you can have a role call every few days to make sure no one in your group has died and turned.
I realized the profile pic of my socks in sand wasn't a fair depiction of Ocracoke so here some pics
Attached Thumbnails
The Walking Dead-ocracoke-rosas-pics-046.jpg   The Walking Dead-ocracoke-rosas-pics-037.jpg   The Walking Dead-ocracoke-rosas-pics-029.jpg   The Walking Dead-ocracoke-rosas-pics-michonnes-little-horsey.jpg   The Walking Dead-ocracoke-rosas-pics.jpg  

Old 03-12-2014, 09:13 AM

11,787 posts, read 17,771,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaten_Drinker View Post
Zombies can't swim.
I am aware of this. I don't see how that contradicts what I said.

These guys can't seem to keep a working vehicle in their possession so re purposing a boat in to a zombie trawler is going to be a stretch. If they have their backs to the water and zombies come after them I don't see them necessarily having a boat ready to save them. Somebody would end up drowning.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:20 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Zombies can't swim but they don't need to. They can walk underwater to the island because zombies also can't drown.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonasW View Post
Zombies can't swim but they don't need to. They can walk underwater to the island because zombies also can't drown.
Argh. No they can't. If the water is deep enough they will get caught up in the current or not be able to stay planted on the bottom.

The point is there is no easy win for these people and the show's writers would find away to put them in peril once again. No one wants to see them just spend uneventful lives on an island. The nearest solid building that can be fortified is still the best option.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:35 AM

19 posts, read 18,724 times
You guys realize that you're arguing over totally fictional events, right? Zombies don't exist, zombie apocalypse never happened, what's the point of arguing over nonfacts? Anyway, I'm thinking it's going to be a little like Lost where all the characters come together at the end, at Terminus, whatever that turns out to be. Although I predict possibly Carol & Tyreese may die before making it there. Don't know why I think that, just an idea. Thank god Beth is gone, she's pointless. I hope Michonne & Rick are on soon, it's been awhile since I've seen them....I kinda miss 'em, lol.

Old 03-12-2014, 09:38 AM

Phew. I'm glad you came along and said that. 4 seasons in to this show and I thought it was all real. Thanks dude.

BTW why are you so concerned with the health and well being of fictional characters?

Old 03-12-2014, 09:38 AM

5,066 posts, read 2,860,811 times
Well a lake in the middle of Georgia is going to be pretty easy to walk across! Not very deep and certainly not much current. Maybe in Lake Lanier they'd get eaten by the giant catfish or something but otherwise smooth sailing...er, walking!

I do agree that for plot they need to keep moving. I hated the prison after a while. Soooo boring. Same with the farm. Though exploring Daryl's emotions isn't a lot better. haha

Old 03-12-2014, 09:39 AM

7,672 posts, read 12,822,090 times
An issue I see with the island is that zombies can wash up on shore. In some zombies movies, they had to do beach patrol to check for washed up zombies.

I think an island with a fresh water source is a viable option. If close enough to the mainland, you can row to and from for supply runs. You can also do runs for bags of dirt, fertilizer along with the seeds. I have clay soil and it doesn't take much dirt/fertilizer to produce viable plants.

Old 03-12-2014, 10:18 AM

3,051 posts, read 3,280,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringet View Post
Thank god Beth is gone, she's pointless.
Oh, I'm sure she'll be back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringet View Post
I hope Michonne & Rick are on soon, it's been awhile since I've seen them....I kinda miss 'em, lol.
I know right? I'm not sure why they are trying to keep Rick and me apart but I'm tired of it!!

Old 03-12-2014, 10:45 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,356,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonCountyLiving View Post
I liked the scene but like I said, it didn't provide any new information. I would have liked to have seen something added. I'm starting to think that's too much to ask from these writers.
Well, it did create an arc for Bob. We learned that he was with groups, but for a long tome he was alone and despondent; close to not caring whether he lived or not. by the end of the episode we saw a tidal change in his character. He was willing to move, to act, at his own personal risk for his group. I think more was revealed about Bob, due to the exposition starting with the frst scene, in one episode than Maggie has ever gotten.

Re: Water as a barrier to zombies. They cannot walk underwater even in still lake waters. They are essentially decomposing and probably filled with gases from that decomposition. They will float (possibly washing up on shore) until waterlogged. Then they will sink. Waterlogged, they will probably be too heavy to walk even if they can still technically move. They barely have the strength to walk in air, water resistance will keep them pinned to the bottom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV