Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2012, 03:25 PM

32,112 posts, read 34,732,040 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copanut View Post
I tend to agree about the lack of AA characters, never hurt the ratings for The Wire.
You know, I really have no love for Michonne's character. Part of the blame for that may fall at the feet of the writers and part of it may because Danai Gurria is just not a good actress. So far, the range of emotion her character has displayed goes from angry and disgruntled to angrier and more disgruntled. I feel like she's not adding much to the story.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:00 PM

577 posts, read 900,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You know, I really have no love for Michonne's character. Part of the blame for that may fall at the feet of the writers and part of it may because Danai Gurria is just not a good actress. So far, the range of emotion her character has displayed goes from angry and disgruntled to angrier and more disgruntled. I feel like she's not adding much to the story.
I have a rant somewhere back on this thread about how weak most if not all the female actresses on this show are. Makes me think when they first started they didn't have money to burn so they hired mediocre talent. Laurie Holden (Andrea) is almost impossible to watch, she's so bad. Michonne hasn't impressed either, she just glares, grumbles, and glares some more. This last episode she finally showed a different emotion when she started begging for rick to accept her. Which didn't make any sense to me given how she's played the character up to this point.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:19 PM

32,112 posts, read 34,732,040 times
I'm suprised no one has mentioned Axel's creepy behavior towards Beth. When Carl heard that screaming and moaning, I was a bit fearful that Axel was raping her. Glad that was not the case.

Maybe Axel can continue to pursue Carol.

Old 12-03-2012, 04:31 PM

5,453 posts, read 8,223,919 times
Carol handled that pretty darn good, and let him know that she was not interested either I like Carol, she has grown into a valuable part of the group.

Old 12-03-2012, 05:56 PM

3,550 posts, read 6,491,104 times
ohhh Axel, don't mess with Daryl's lady, that's a good way to get your ass kicked

Old 12-03-2012, 07:11 PM

19,046 posts, read 25,196,082 times
Has Dayrl and Carol actually gotten together? I remember her suggesting something sexual in the first episode this season, but it seems to have been dropped.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:03 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,075,578 times
Maybe Merle will to die in the first episode. We seen how TWD storyline always takes sharp turn in the first episode.

I have not read the comics, but believe Merle will die in this second part of third season. We have seen how the cry baby governor is insecure about his power and distrusful of Merle, and how Merle beat Glenn up and almost killed him by unleashing a zombie while Glenn was tie up. Both groups are not going to want Merle. Merle is going to feel sad and say " What's matter sweetcakes?!!"

Old 12-03-2012, 09:18 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
I think Danai is doing a good job. She really is restricted because Michonne is so angry. But remember how tender and kind M was when she found Penny until she removed the sack on her head. That was some good acting.

I like Michonne and if I was in a Z apoc I would want Michonne on my side.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:20 PM

1,601 posts, read 2,133,583 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketabcha View Post
I think Danai is doing a good job. She really is restricted because Michonne is so angry. But remember how tender and kind M was when she found Penny until she removed the sack on her head. That was some good acting.

I like Michonne and if I was in a Z apoc I would want Michonne on my side.
I second this!

Michonne and Daryl would so be on my team. Andrea, however, is too stupid to live.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:23 PM

15,891 posts, read 18,328,033 times
Isn't it interesting that both the head good guy and the head bad guy are both English actors?

I remember reading years ago that the American southern accent is easier for the English to duplicate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV