Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-01-2010, 05:44 AM

18,836 posts, read 37,352,792 times

Advertisements

In the Mormon temple, you can be sealed for time and eternity, a man can be married to as many women as he wants for "time and all eternity" but women, can only marry ONE man for time and all eternity, the rest are just for "time on earth". It is actually pretty funny when you pull apart the doctrine of the LDS church..and makes believers very defensive. The "fall-back" position, is that no one knows what goes on in heaven. Okay..whatever...

And I agree, there must be something going on with the money in thsi household. But, I don't think it is public assistance, because in Utah, the programs are pretty onto polygamous families, and monitor those cases with microscopic intensity, it is not worth it to have that much government involvement to those people, they don't want the scrutiny. Every single bill is requested, from power to car payments, and you are nailed on every payment, and "where did you get the money for this, and that.." I think that they are doing some self employment and playing games with the IRS...that would make sense.

Last edited by jasper12; 11-01-2010 at 05:48 AM.. Reason: edit
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2010, 06:02 AM

357 posts, read 727,503 times
Happened to catch a glimpse of this last night while flipping through the channels.

I don't care about the polygamist aspect of it. I saw a few minutes of it and thought, "wow, those are some rough looking women "

Old 11-01-2010, 06:12 AM

2,186 posts, read 7,942,608 times
I guess we are going to see "Special" episodes of this show on Sundays for a while. I watched the program last night and it wasn't anything new. Next Sunday will chronicle Robyn and Kody's Honeymoon. The financials of this family are the largest mystery but I am sure that they are now receiving money from TLC. They did say that all their cars are used. But, with only two of them having real full-time jobs now, I would imagine that the TLC show will become a full-time thing. I don't see the officials in Utah prosecuting them. If they did that, their docket would be full because there are quite a few Fundamentalist Mormon families that practice.

Where was Robyn from? Maybe St. George? We were trying to figure that out last night. He had a long drive to go and visit her but St. George isn't that far from where the Sister Wives live...

Old 11-01-2010, 12:18 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,209,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Kody is a arrested adolescent, a small-scale cult leader, and his cult consists of women/wives with virtually no self esteem. The latest wife is a woman so overwhelmed with her previous life being a single mother trying to work and take care of kids that she was desperate.

Note how in the show, all the women are constantly on the verge of tears, sometimes weeping openly--and not from joy. This doesn't happen unless you are under tremendous stress and conflict. It is not an emotionally healthy lifestyle for anyone, obviously.

And there's no way the few adults working in this cult could ever earn enough money to live in the giant mansion plus new wife's house, with ultra-expensive cars for everyone (including the expensive sports car Kody drives)--there is a scam going on, and it probably involves public aid. They were living this lifestyle before the show, so it wasn't the TV payments that made them ultra-rich.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alley01 View Post
I guess we are going to see "Special" episodes of this show on Sundays for a while. I watched the program last night and it wasn't anything new. Next Sunday will chronicle Robyn and Kody's Honeymoon. The financials of this family are the largest mystery but I am sure that they are now receiving money from TLC. They did say that all their cars are used. But, with only two of them having real full-time jobs now, I would imagine that the TLC show will become a full-time thing. I don't see the officials in Utah prosecuting them. If they did that, their docket would be full because there are quite a few Fundamentalist Mormon families that practice.

Where was Robyn from? Maybe St. George? We were trying to figure that out last night. He had a long drive to go and visit her but St. George isn't that far from where the Sister Wives live...
His first wife was from a poly family, it was not the husband that went out to do this, she picked the wives.

The area they live in would not have cost a lot several years ago, I imagine thier house payment is not high.

Old 11-01-2010, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
His first wife was from a poly family, it was not the husband that went out to do this, she picked the wives.

The area they live in would not have cost a lot several years ago, I imagine thier house payment is not high.
In their interview last night they mentioned that it is very difficult to make ends meet. They are not living debt free but it sounds like they are not using government sources for their living situation. It sounds like Janelle brings in most of the money. I know that they are in Lehi. But, where did Robyn live before she also moved to Lehi? Anyone know?

Old 11-01-2010, 01:59 PM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NHartphotog View Post
Kody is a arrested adolescent, a small-scale cult leader, and his cult consists of women/wives with virtually no self esteem. The latest wife is a woman so overwhelmed with her previous life being a single mother trying to work and take care of kids that she was desperate.

Note how in the show, all the women are constantly on the verge of tears, sometimes weeping openly--and not from joy. This doesn't happen unless you are under tremendous stress and conflict. It is not an emotionally healthy lifestyle for anyone, obviously.

And there's no way the few adults working in this cult could ever earn enough money to live in the giant mansion plus new wife's house, with ultra-expensive cars for everyone (including the expensive sports car Kody drives)--there is a scam going on, and it probably involves public aid. They were living this lifestyle before the show, so it wasn't the TV payments that made them ultra-rich.
THATS why when they asked Kody : " Are you working " ? His wives cut him off and said they were working and he shut up.

I also STILL feel sorry for those screwed up kids who think its COOL to have 4 moms popping out babies in the delivery room or in some stage of pregnancy. Why hasn't a child welfare advocate came in and give those kids a REAL home with non cult loving moms and a loser opportunistic fake man who sleeps with 4 women and lets us know this is normal ?...

Those kids will likely grow up and do the same screwed up thing.

Old 11-01-2010, 06:07 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,182,724 times
Quote:
I guess we are going to see "Special" episodes of this show on Sundays for a while. I watched the program last night and it wasn't anything new. Next Sunday will chronicle Robyn and Kody's Honeymoon. The financials of this family are the largest mystery but I am sure that they are now receiving money from TLC. They did say that all their cars are used.
I thought the epi with the 4th marriage was the end of it I didn't know it was airing new shows. They will film this as long as the family and TLC are making money I suppose.

Old 11-02-2010, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxson View Post
I thought the epi with the 4th marriage was the end of it I didn't know it was airing new shows. They will film this as long as the family and TLC are making money I suppose.
That is what I thought...but it looks like TLC had themselves covered if the show was successful. I think that this reality show may end up being one of the most popular on TLC.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:15 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,168,388 times
Quote:
That is what I thought...but it looks like TLC had themselves covered if the show was successful. I think that this reality show may end up being one of the most popular on TLC.
But unless he fetches himself a 5th wife....what will they have any drama about?

Old 11-02-2010, 11:22 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,749,537 times
I read yesterday that they are being signed on for 10 MORE shows .

So this is not over .

TLC do you really want your name attached to this mess ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV