Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2012, 01:48 AM

1,289 posts, read 3,036,226 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Lavender= View Post
I saw that coming from 2 miles away. Gretchen refuses to marry him and went to counseling to try to get him to work and pay what he owes, but so far nothing. She is a gold digger and is used to wealthy men treating her like a princess. She isn't getting that with Slade.

If she's so "in love" with Slade then she would accept him "warts and all", not conditionally like she is. I doubt she knows what true love is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2012, 04:34 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
I saw that coming from 2 miles away. Gretchen refuses to marry him and went to counseling to try to get him to work and pay what he owes, but so far nothing. She is a gold digger and is used to wealthy men treating her like a princess. She isn't getting that with Slade.

If she's so "in love" with Slade then she would accept him "warts and all", not conditionally like she is. I doubt she knows what true love is.
She's been enabling him. He's a loser and a poser. The best was when she said she wanted to get pregnant. Why would you want to have a child with a man who isn't supporting the kids he already has? That's a ghetto mentality.

Maybe she finally wised up and dumped that loser.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:39 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck_steak View Post
Maybe, maybe not...maybe she's just smart enough to know that love isn't enough.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:47 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,951,875 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Maybe, maybe not...maybe she's just smart enough to know that love isn't enough.
Exactly. Love isn't enough. Slade is a leech and hanger-oner because he refuses to let go of his delusions of grandeur, and lower himself to take a regular job like the rest of us. I know his type. They always have to be doing something 'big,' even if it never works out and other people have to pick up all the pieces (and pay all the bills).

You can love somebody like that, but anybody would be a fool to marry somebody like that.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:11 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,500,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleur66 View Post
Yeah Brooks looks older than 45.

Wasn't sure what I thought about him, but he definitely seemed like he was trying to play some head games with the "evil eye" stuff.

Don't know what would be so special about him that Vicki would want to jeopardize her relationship with Brianna with her behaviors.
I've seen it before. He's paying loads of attention to her while alienating her from her loved ones. It's a classic abuse story, in his case probably financial abuse rather than physical.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
I agree.

Old 06-30-2012, 03:27 PM

943 posts, read 1,845,367 times
how does Slade get to drive his car? IF I recall most states Ca being one of them will block your drivers lic if you are a deadbeat dad.

Old 07-01-2012, 12:36 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,321,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Yes we will have to see who wears the pants in the house! Hmmm...she is no longer at local Fox News station, I wonder how her Hookers for Jesus Couture line is doing then
You know, I hope she doesn't return. She seems to be a fairly nice person (I mean, as far as these "reality" ladies go...) and I think she's really been ridiculed and shamed a lot this season. So what if she defers to her husband and is religious? Would it be ok to make fun of a same sex couple, or a couple where the husband defers to the wife ("She's the boss!"). I really think Alexis has been put through a double standard machine. Agreed that she can be superficial and fakey (isn't that kind of a precondition to be on these shows??).

Old 07-01-2012, 01:15 PM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
You know, I hope she doesn't return. She seems to be a fairly nice person (I mean, as far as these "reality" ladies go...) and I think she's really been ridiculed and shamed a lot this season. So what if she defers to her husband and is religious? Would it be ok to make fun of a same sex couple, or a couple where the husband defers to the wife ("She's the boss!"). I really think Alexis has been put through a double standard machine. Agreed that she can be superficial and fakey (isn't that kind of a precondition to be on these shows??).

Nobody's making fun of her for deferring to her husband, or for being religious. As far as their marriage goes, almost all the criticism goes to her husband for being a jerk, and often treating her disrespectfully, that "pants" comment was very disrespectful, just because he's "in charge" in their marriage doesn't mean it's okay for him to publicly shame her. Nobody's making fun of her for being religious either, the problem is she often shows hypocrisy, she claims to be so religious, then sells clothing that would make a prostitute blush. It often seems like she wears her Christianity like an accessory whenever it suits her, THAT's why people make fun of her. People make fun of her because she so often seems disingenuous.

Old 07-01-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Nobody's making fun of her for deferring to her husband, or for being religious. As far as their marriage goes, almost all the criticism goes to her husband for being a jerk, and often treating her disrespectfully, that "pants" comment was very disrespectful, just because he's "in charge" in their marriage doesn't mean it's okay for him to publicly shame her. Nobody's making fun of her for being religious either, the problem is she often shows hypocrisy, she claims to be so religious, then sells clothing that would make a prostitute blush. It often seems like she wears her Christianity like an accessory whenever it suits her, THAT's why people make fun of her. People make fun of her because she so often seems disingenuous.
Wish I could rep ya. I admit I did make fun of her when she decided she needed to pray with the girls and had Jesus parting the Red Sea. Her Biblical knowledge seems to be soley focused on her and her husband's place in their home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV