Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2011, 02:57 AM

4,275 posts, read 7,632,037 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
How do you all feel about Peggy basically leaving Alexis to go be friends with Tamra and Vicki (her enemies)?
That's why I don't trust her. It seems odd that she would want to be friends with them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 08:36 AM

1,189 posts, read 1,757,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raubre View Post
Ok,ok,ok. Vicki needs to stop with the crocodile tears. She put career over family. Tammy is saying THEY tried everything. WRONG! Vicki doesn't try at all.She'd rather hang out at the Koto frat house than with her own family. George, you are right,she is vile. Tammy is right behind her.

Now Vicki says she had a commitment to her marriage. WRONG. You are committed to your job.

Vicki says as a human she wants to be touched. Vicki, Vicki, Vicki. You have to be human first.

The only person I can stomach this season is Gretchen. She just needs to dump Slimy.

Something about Peggy I don't like. Why she clings on to VickTam is beyond me.
You are FABULOUS. I agree with everything you said except the liking Gretchen part. She is very self-centered and I don't trust her anymore. Used to like her but now...Uh-uh. And I do like Peggy. Put yourself in her shoes...look at how her so-called friend treats her and always tries to one up her. Would you want to deal with that. Alexis is so jealous of her, its sickening. But aligning herself with the Toxic Twins is not a good idea either. I think she is just feeling everyone out and she is just a nice person trying to get along with everyone.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:03 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
I wanted to mention that on WWHL Andy said that Slade's mom on the recent episode is not the same mom that was on back when he was with Jo. That was his step-mother. Makes sense. Step-mom was rude and backwards. Real mom was nothing like that!

Old 05-24-2011, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I wanted to mention that on WWHL Andy said that Slade's mom on the recent episode is not the same mom that was on back when he was with Jo. That was his step-mother. Makes sense. Step-mom was rude and backwards. Real mom was nothing like that!
That was funny when Andy mentioned people were asking him if the role had been recast. lol

Old 05-24-2011, 10:21 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,294,239 times
I really understand what Vicki is going through. I really do. And I understand hating someone that you are married to so that you come off looking like the bad guy. Most of the world will not realize why you are that way, while Mr. Passive Aggressive stands next to you, looking innocent.

But I can't get past how mean and condescending Vicki is to other people. I never forgave her for how nasty she was to Lynne when she first joined the show. Vicki never understood that part of not being white trash was being magnanimous and kind to others. Besides not creating a scene when there are anchovies in your salad, you should also not snub someone at the horse races because they are new to your group and you've decided you don't like the looks of them. That's not done.

I wish someone would send her a book by Emily Post, Amy Vanderbilt or Miss Manners. If she wants to act like old money she needs to practice The Golden Rule. Etiquette is simply the act of being kind to others, not hurting their feelings, doing what's right.

And after the crocodile tears are done, the truth is we don't really know what role Donn played in all of this, but we don't know what she did or didn't do, either. By her kids reactions I don't think they are siding with their mother.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I guess for me it puts everything in a different perspective, after hearing how long she and Donn have been having problems.

I mean, what came first? Did she ruin the marriage because she worked so much? Or was she so distraught over the failing marriage, that she started to work more?

In that conversation with Tamara she mentioned staying at the office, until after Donn went to bed, just so she could avoid seeing him. So at least some of the time, she was working longer, just to avoid being at home.

Earlier this week I watched a couple of episodes from the first season of this show, and back then Vicki was working out of her home - her business was successful, but tiny. So it's not like she's always worked so much, and been absent so much - it seems like it's only been that way for the last few years - not the entire marriage.

I'm not saying she didn't pick work over her husband - only Vicki and Donn can say definitely if that's the case - but I can see now how it might be possible that she chose work as a substitute when her marriage started to fail.

Seeing Vicki so vulnerable, was new. It's a new angle, and an unexpected one - and that's what makes for great TV! When we get to see our favorite "characters" in a whole new light - that makes the show more interesting. Especially when it makes you question all kinds of past events... like the vow renewal! They haven't had sex in two years, yet they participated in a vow renewal just last season? How incredibly sad that night must have been - for both of them.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:35 AM

44,259 posts, read 64,375,553 times
You don't commit to 'staying together.' You commit to doing right by your relationship so that the result is that you stay together. You commit to serving the emotional needs of another person (and vice versa). You commit to bettering yourself and supporting them in that, as well.

I think Vicki, like lots of people, has the wrong idea of what she committed to. Which is why the whole thing failed. Clearly, the vow renewal was a last ditch attempt at salvage...but even after that, she really failed to commit to putting the effort into her relationship. I don't know what Don did or didn't do, but from what I saw, she didn't do diddly on her part. It takes both people to make it work and it takes both people to make it fall apart like this.

Jeanna needs to get a hair cut and a life. What a meddling, two-faced psychotic.

I understand what Gretchen is saying. I totally agree she should use her head in making life decisions...just surprised she's starting now.

Tamra is...holy cow...what a nut.

Alexis is so completely delusional...I think she's trying to do anything she can to scratch out a place for herself and her voice. It's strangely sad, though. 'Money can't buy you class' was written for this lady.

Strangely, that last episode has me craving pate.

Old 05-24-2011, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I wish someone would send her a book by Emily Post, Amy Vanderbilt or Miss Manners. If she wants to act like old money she needs to practice The Golden Rule. Etiquette is simply the act of being kind to others, not hurting their feelings, doing what's right.
Maybe Vicki needs to start hanging around Discountess Luann?

Old 05-24-2011, 03:45 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violett View Post
Slade said on the show that he had "contracts" with "other companies" doing...I don't know what. Anyway, why can't he contribute some of that money to his child support?

The thing with Slade isn't that he's broke, it's that he's broke and isn't even trying to take care of his responsibilities. He's just given up. imo, that makes him a loser.
I get the dead beat dad stuff but those medical bills are insane. I know millionaires who went broke after cancer bills. It's ridiculous. Medical bankruptcy only works if you are not still accruing bills.

If it was just support I would think he's rotten but it sounds solo overwhelming. Poor mom.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:47 PM

2,385 posts, read 4,334,456 times
If the mom were smart, she'd do a spend down and let herself go into backruptcy and then get on Medicaid.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:53 PM

3,257 posts, read 6,128,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Depending on how long ago he had the vasectomy, the pregnancy rates with reversal can be from 30%(longer than 15 years) to 75%, some surgeons claim even higher rates, so it's possible that they are confident he can reverse it, they do still have a chance if he is planning to get it reversed. I think I remember her saying she wants 3-4 kids.
My friends husband was snipped pre her by 10 yrs. It cost 5K to reverse it. She was pregnant and miscarried within a year. Then 2 yrs later has a beautiful baby 6 months old.

With his medical bills I wouldn't have a kid with him. It would turn me off. Gretched was rotten to pick on Vick. Really now Alex ugly dresses are not more important. Gag. Tamra I despise yet she says the same suit I would if it was my nemesis. We must be of similar age and locale. I have a heart though so if I said something I wouldn't mean it, I like to be funny. But my heart is good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV