Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2011, 08:18 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,049,849 times

Advertisements

It's all about ratings.

Hatch did physically shove Cassidy out of the way......and then lied about it.

If I had to choose between Hatch and Cassidy as an employee, I would choose Cassidy. I could never trust Hatch.

I don't think "The Donald" would be quite so forgiving if someone shoved him like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2011, 06:04 AM

13,814 posts, read 28,501,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
5'8" is pretty small for a man.
...depends on what he's "packing".

Old 03-08-2011, 08:27 AM

As I watched David Cassidy's actions (not just with Richard Hatch) on the show that night, all I could think of was a wounded abused puppy. He was very skittish and seemed unsure of everything he was doing and any interaction he was having...even when he directly confronted Hatch about touching him.

In retrospect, when Richard was attacking him in the boardroom, David should have busted into his best rendition of "I Think I Love You" (a love there is no...cure for!) and directed it at Richard. I think Trump has a real appreciation of whacky humor...and it might have even loosened up those stiff kids of his!

Old 03-08-2011, 09:27 AM

891 posts, read 2,450,761 times
Richard Hatch is a jerk. But David Cassidy I found creepy. Not sure which is worse.

Cassidy never should have brought up the pushing incident and if Canseco brought it up David should have said it was nothing all is forgotten. if he did that he'd still be on the show. Big Mistake on his part -

Old 03-08-2011, 09:29 AM

4,947 posts, read 10,815,139 times
I think they kept that tool Hatch so the ratings would be high.

Old 03-08-2011, 09:30 AM

891 posts, read 2,450,761 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VLWH View Post
After watching Busey last night, Charlie Sheen doesn't seem so crazy now.

best post in this thread

Old 03-08-2011, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BU191433 View Post
best post in this thread
Thanks, Charlie.

Old 03-08-2011, 10:30 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by omigawd View Post
Aside from the show, I just couldn't feel sorry for him. He's arrogant and annoying. He's a "star"???? In whose mind?? He hasn't done anything significant since the 1970s and then has the nerve to say his daughter is a "huge star on Gossip Girl". She is NOT a 'huge star' GG --- she was part of a storyline that lasted several episodes.

He is a "legend in his own mind" and that's really annoying.

As for The Apprentice? There's no way DT will get rid of Hatch or Conseco any time soon and Hatch knows that and that's why he brought in Cassidy and Conseco. He wanted to get rid of Cassidy and he knows how these "reality" shows work.
I agree 100%. I have seen Cassidy in recent interviews (i.e. as a has-been teen star, not back in the 70s when he was riding his flash-in-the-pan celebrity) and he comes off sounding like someone who is still full of himself, even though his relevance as a star ended before disco came and went. I actually laughed out loud when he dropped the comment about his daughter being a huge star of TV and motion pictures. Ha!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
...depends on what he's "packing".
Amen to that - truer words never spoken.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
It's all about ratings.

Hatch did physically shove Cassidy out of the way......and then lied about it.

If I had to choose between Hatch and Cassidy as an employee, I would choose Cassidy. I could never trust Hatch.

I don't think "The Donald" would be quite so forgiving if someone shoved him like that.
That's because you're a real sweetheart, Annie - in the real world, folks like Hatch barrel their way up the corporate ladder on the backs of "little guys" like Cassidy. Corporate America does not prize someone's sympathy factor - and they tend to reward the "renegades" who can "think outside the box" and "take risks".

So I think it isn't just all about ratings - when Cassidy turned a second time to Canseco for back up, he actually caught himself before he was about to speak, asking again for Canseco to rally to his defense. But it was too late - Trump caught this second act of weakness and jumped on it. In the Serengeti, Hatch and Trump would be the lions, and Cassidy was the gazelle tripping on its own feet.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:23 AM

43,854 posts, read 51,193,501 times
Gary Busey Works The Stripper Pole (PHOTOS)

Quote:
Gary Busey has finally bottomed out -- not only did he hit the stripper pole during a "Celebrity Apprentice" cast party in Vegas Sunday night ... he nearly lost his pants in the process.
Yep....they have pics.

Old 03-08-2011, 11:27 AM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Can't believe David is going to be 61 next month.

I just wiki'd his daughter; Katie Cassidy - she looks like she's been pretty busy as an actress since 2003
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV