Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-30-2011, 05:23 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times

Advertisements

I kind of liked the oddballs , the local enforcer kid who was keeping the gangs off the local business owners , malcolm and jenna the shoe girl . I think they have missed this part of the show we liked the odd balls . I like the fact that she and tommy jefferson share an office what happened to keeping it small like that ? I think when they did away with the oddballs it just became another lawyer show .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2011, 06:24 AM

1,378 posts, read 4,362,804 times
I liked the oddballs as well, but they can't be the main trial every week. Maybe after this murder trial they'll get back to them.

And why is local hot shot lawyer Tommy Jefferson sharing office space with Harry in what appears to be a loft office? Can he not afford better digs?

Old 09-30-2011, 05:46 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
I hate to say this, but to me the old show was shoddy, taking cheap and often obvious shots.

There is comedy in this, but for the comic relief to work there must be a credible background.

I would rather have one long case, the way this is going, then a new case each week the way most lawyer shows go.

I was going to give this season one watch, the first episode, and if that was as bad as last season I would no longer watch it. I am, I think, going to be a regular viewer. I am so glad that they do not have those twenty-something romances going on.

The guy Harry is defending reminds me of a great CPA I had who used to do my taxes. I start out thinking he is a really nice person.

Old 09-30-2011, 10:18 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
Yeah, I love the actress who plays this character, but I want last season's Harry back! No reason to fix what wasn't broken in the first part! I'm a little bit of an oddball myself, but have to admit, Bates raises the concept of an oddball to a whole other dimension!

Old 10-01-2011, 08:39 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
"Where's my gun???" Blam, up against the glass goes Harry! I loved it. Jean Smart is making me hate the DA so bad! What a deliciously nasty, bad character.

I read somewhere that Jenna and Malcom will be in the eppie where the DA gets her cummupance. Maybe the 3rd part of this story? I wonder how many parts this storyline is? I'm really enjoying it. Not wrapping it all up in one hour. Brilliant.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:00 PM

4,062 posts, read 5,646,222 times
I think I just realized that this show is NBC and they always try to seriously undermine their shows in some way sooner or later. Might be why the changes were put in the way they were.

Old 10-06-2011, 07:18 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,974,968 times
Am I missing something? The daughter is nuts and so is the DA, jeopardizing her case with what she knows are deliberate moves that she will suffer for later? What a lousy conclusion. I think the writing just sucks. It's a shame because Ms. Bates can obviously be stellar when given good writers. Sorry, but Bravo has some sort of art competition reality show that I will probably watch instead of this.

Old 10-06-2011, 08:10 AM

24,509 posts, read 24,201,370 times
I posted in the wrong thread last night!

B, could you merge the two, please?

This is what I posted last night....

"What a trial! I was right in guessing who really done it!"

Old 10-06-2011, 09:31 PM

22,859 posts, read 6,439,215 times
I actually told my husband after the 2nd murder trial show last week, it's the girl. Everyone else
seems psycho..the husband, the son, the maid, the lover...the daughter was the only seemingly sane one...
that will be the twist..
Also I didn't realize that because of the DA the trial was over, I thought it would be a mistrial..
We watched all 3 segments, we love Harry but I wish she had a cuter haircut like Jean Smart...
(I know that really doesn't have anything to do with the show though)

Old 10-07-2011, 12:45 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
I guessed the daughter because I thought her being the only child willing to testify for her dad showed she was covering for herself.

But to say that a DA would withhold evidence like that is just not heard of. Especially knowing that if she were caught, she would cause the case to be thrown out of court as it was. Very weak ending as far as I am concerned.

David E. Kelly should know better.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV