Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 07:27 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times

Advertisements

That was a great set up episode!

I am SO HAPPY that I had my babies in this century! Drugs! Epidurals! NICE NURSES! And I will say that while I was appreciative of my husband being in the room with me the first time, I did give mine the option to not be there the second and third times ... but he stuck by me ... awwww! Wonder why the guy from the waiting room gave Don the cold shoulder when they passed each other in the hall?

Did you see how disappointed Betts was with her son? Poor little guy. Her "dreams" were incredible! You see how awful her mother was and the Medger Evers vision along with Pete's risk taking with Admiral are total foreshadowing. Pete & Peggy with Duck ... yikes!

And it's so obvious that it's only a matter of time before Don bags the teacher!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 09:58 AM

1,156 posts, read 3,751,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
That was a great set up episode!

I am SO HAPPY that I had my babies in this century! Drugs! Epidurals! NICE NURSES! And I will say that while I was appreciative of my husband being in the room with me the first time, I did give mine the option to not be there the second and third times ... but he stuck by me ... awwww! Wonder why the guy from the waiting room gave Don the cold shoulder when they passed each other in the hall?

Did you see how disappointed Betts was with her son? Poor little guy. Her "dreams" were incredible! You see how awful her mother was and the Medger Evers vision along with Pete's risk taking with Admiral are total foreshadowing. Pete & Peggy with Duck ... yikes!

And it's so obvious that it's only a matter of time before Don bags the teacher!

I couldn't believe the teacher was just SWOONING over the phone..."If there's anything I can do to help, Mr Draper...." I'm sure he'll thing of something, honey.

The return of Duck - I thought it was interesting Pete seemed to have more loyalty to Sterling Cooper than Peggy did. I would think Peggy would be less likely to strike out than Pete, but maybe I'm not giving her enough credit.

Boy, that setup line at the restaurant was great - " You two have a secret relationship." You could have sliced the tension in the room!

Old 09-14-2009, 10:55 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,117 times
I thought it interesting Peggy wasn't clued in on office baby gifts. Was it because she wasn't "one of the boys" or an oversight? As to why Gus didn't acknowledge Don in he hall. Men at that time were not famous for discussing their feelings with other men. Gus probably wanted to forget about his emotional comments to Don in the waiting room.

Old 09-14-2009, 12:18 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,734,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I thought it interesting Peggy wasn't clued in on office baby gifts. Was it because she wasn't "one of the boys" or an oversight? As to why Gus didn't acknowledge Don in he hall. Men at that time were not famous for discussing their feelings with other men. Gus probably wanted to forget about his emotional comments to Don in the waiting room.
Methinks you're right about Gus ...

Peggy is reluctantly dealt with by everyone in the office. I think that she's being swayed because Duck is validating her. Pete's already full of himself.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post

I am SO HAPPY that I had my babies in this century! Drugs! Epidurals! NICE NURSES!

I know for a fact epidurals and nice nurses were available in 1973. LOL. Very poor judgment on the teacher's part to call Don when drinking. She may be attracted to Don herself and although I'm sure her father did die when she was eight is using concern for the child as a good reason to call Don. In that regard, who's bagging who? LOL

Old 09-14-2009, 04:12 PM

563 posts, read 1,025,903 times
Regarding why Gus didn't acknowledge Don in the hallway - I could have sworn that Gus' wife was NOT holding a baby. Unfortunately, I didn't record it so I can't go back to it. Does anyone know if there was a baby in his wife's arms. If there wasn't that would certainly explain the weirdness in the hall.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatnow View Post
Regarding why Gus didn't acknowledge Don in the hallway - I could have sworn that Gus' wife was NOT holding a baby. Unfortunately, I didn't record it so I can't go back to it. Does anyone know if there was a baby in his wife's arms. If there wasn't that would certainly explain the weirdness in the hall.
Good point. The baby was breech so there could have been unforeseen medical problems. Maybe the baby was in the nursery and Gus had wheeled his wife down to see the baby. Common practice. At that time, babies were only brought to the mother's room for feeding so she wouldn't necessarily have the baby in her arms.

Old 09-14-2009, 05:37 PM

Paul Kinsey seemed to be the only one that didn't delight in poor Lois' incident at the copy machine. I'm really starting to appreciate Paul. Does anyone think Ken will hook up with Sal? He never seems to have a date and an intelligent women would find him attractive. After all, he's been "published". Remember, he commented at the country club party, I should bring a date next time. Now, he asks Paul to the game and doesn't take a date. I don't remember him ever being with a woman on the show, and from past episodes Sal is attracted to Ken.

Old 09-15-2009, 05:19 PM

5,013 posts, read 10,696,212 times
Okay, so...
Don is going to begin having an affair with the pagan teacher, Peggy is going to quit Sterling Cooper, Pete is going to... well, be Pete, and Sal and Ken are going to have a homosexual love affair.
I would like to throw in my two cents and say that Roger is going to divorce Jane, Joan is going to divorce her husband and the two are going to run off with Sally to Woodstock.
BTW, where was Joan??!!

Old 09-15-2009, 07:47 PM

1,977 posts, read 3,578,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarlaJane View Post
Okay, so...
Don is going to begin having an affair with the pagan teacher, Peggy is going to quit Sterling Cooper, Pete is going to... well, be Pete, and Sal and Ken are going to have a homosexual love affair.
I would like to throw in my two cents and say that Roger is going to divorce Jane, Joan is going to divorce her husband and the two are going to run off with Sally to Woodstock.
BTW, where was Joan??!!
Too funny!

Joan was at the meeting where the foreign guy was blabbering on about cost cuts and pads, pens, and paper being overused for the size of the company.

I don't feel that Ken is gay though..but who knows lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV