Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-21-2013, 11:19 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,935,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
It's obvious nobody here has ever had to suck it up and take responsibility for something you weren't planning on having to do in order to make sure children are safe.

Wow ...

Again, Megan's lifestyle is due to Don, not the other way around.

And Don WAS a man about it and took the blame.
What??? I don't think that's a fair statement and it's kind of "borderline" (TOS).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2013, 11:23 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,735,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
But she's back to her "fighting weight" now -- thin and blonde, ready to do battle with Megan!
Yes, back to fighting weight...rocking horizontal stripes. Poor Betty. WTH? Where is all that impeccable taste in clothes back in Seasons 1 and 2 that she seemed to come by almost instinctively?

On the other hand, we have Megan..with the weapons of young, hip and hot in her arsenal. Betty's gonna have to bring the Princess Grace, the Jackie O. and whatever else she can find in that closet and compete with Megan on her own terms, instead of Megan's.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:25 AM

3,588 posts, read 5,735,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yamota View Post
I find it ironic that on the show Don Draper sells Chevys but in real life, Jon Hamm sells Mercedes Benz
And American Airlines! LOVE that voice-over!

Old 05-21-2013, 11:32 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,568,205 times
Megan has already proved she doesn't want to be a mother; so there won't be any children there and no need for a nanny for the kids; but she could use a good dentist. I doubt whether Betty will let the kids go to Don's apt. unless Don is there; right so, he had no business being at the office knowing his children were alone. They are not Megan's responsibility; the age difference between she and Don is surfacing. She wants a life of her own like here mother. The apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Don had that cough when he was a child, and maybe it is a nervous condition when he is under duress? He was under multiple issues in the last episode, plus his digressing into his past tremendously stressful experiences enduring cruelty seemed to have set him off. He doesn't handlle stress well, and drinks to avoid it.

Betty is so insecure ! the need for her to "brag" about Henry's political endeavors was lame. Don could care less.

In real life, Jon Hamm ... not the marryin' kind:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz...Westfeldt.html

Old 05-21-2013, 11:43 AM

7,006 posts, read 7,002,106 times
I want to see more story lines on the minor characters like Stan, Harry, Ginsberg, and Ken. I'm kind of tired of Don's (and Pete's) endless sociopathic dysfunction. And I'm still missing Paul Kinsey. I liked his 60s intelligentsia hipster-turned-HareKrishna-hippie character.

Quote:
But she's back to her "fighting weight" now -- thin and blonde, ready to do battle with Megan!
Bitchy Betty is back and I couldn't be happier. Besides, she was right about the casting couch. Don and Megan screwed up.

Last edited by renault; 05-21-2013 at 12:05 PM..

Old 05-21-2013, 11:46 AM

32,944 posts, read 3,935,323 times
Just watched John Hamm on Letterman from April 26, 2013. He comes off as very friendly with a good sense of humor. He made a funny comment about his MM character at the end of Season 6. He also had a funny story about teaching eight graders.

Old 05-21-2013, 11:51 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,264,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geebabe View Post
Just watched John Hamm on Letterman from April 26. He comes off as very nice with a good sense of humor. He made a funny comment about his MM character at the end of Season 6. He also had a funny story about teaching eight graders.
Jon Hamm has great comedic skills especially liked him on 30 Rock.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:08 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,585,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
Jon Hamm has great comedic skills especially liked him on 30 Rock.
He's been on SNL a few times -- really funny!! He's hosted, and other times just had a cameo (the fake Lawrence Welk singer). Just saw him on Graham Norton -- very quick wit! They had a Mad Men "action figure" of Don Draper -- he made comments about not letting it get too close to your other dolls!

Old 05-21-2013, 12:14 PM

2,430 posts, read 5,585,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Betty is so insecure ! the need for her to "brag" about Henry's political endeavors was lame. Don could care less.
I didn't take it as bragging. More like "please keep your nose clean and free from scandal", so as not to have an effect on the campaign.

Old 05-21-2013, 12:24 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,264,124 times
Quote:
He's been on SNL a few times -- really funny!! He's hosted, and other times just had a cameo (the fake Lawrence Welk singer). Just saw him on Graham Norton -- very quick wit! They had a Mad Men "action figure" of Don Draper -- he made comments about not letting it get too close to your other dolls!
I saw that on Graham Norton. Love love that show. Too bad they moved it from Saturday.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV