Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2016, 10:51 AM

48,564 posts, read 24,233,660 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I saw a web page with the top 10 Downton moments and one of them was Matthew's proposal to Mary, outside in the snow...it was magical...
Listing our favorite Downton moments could be a reason to keep this thread alive for a bit longer. One of mine was back in season three, when Mrs. Hughes had a scare with cancer and had to wait two months for the lab results. Carson had found out about it, but was pretending that he didn't know. Mrs. Hughes was aware that Carson knew, but had been pretending that she didn't.

When the good news came that it was a benign cyst, Mrs. Hughes arranged for Mrs, Patmore to deliver the message to Carson, preserving the "I don't know" charade. Carson then went back to polishing up some dinnerware, but was singing one of his old songs from his days on the board....Carson singing. Mrs. Hughes was outside and overheard him and was clearly moved by the depth of Carson's caring about her. The smile on her face was unforgettable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2016, 11:23 AM

568 posts, read 964,654 times
So disappointed this wonderful show is over. I stayed up late and watched the final episode twice. There is so much crap on TV now with canned laughter and silly scenarios that not having something worthwhile to watch makes me depressed today! ;-{

Old 03-08-2016, 11:24 AM

29,783 posts, read 34,555,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pooterposh View Post
So disappointed this wonderful show is over. I stayed up late and watched the final episode twice. There is so much crap on TV now with canned laughter and silly scenarios that not having something worthwhile to watch makes me depressed today! ;-{
Downton had plenty of silly scenarios, just the characters were better dressed and had posher accents.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:34 AM

15,891 posts, read 18,388,762 times
If you have not seen nor heard this I think you will get a kick out of John Legend's tribute to Downton Abbey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XC8dtcieps

Old 03-08-2016, 11:47 AM

888 posts, read 456,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grandstander View Post
Listing our favorite Downton moments could be a reason to keep this thread alive for a bit longer.
That's a good idea and you gave a great example.

We could also do a group rewatch and look for examples of foreshadowing, correct and incorrect, for both events and character development.

Old 03-08-2016, 11:51 AM

5,097 posts, read 6,367,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TransplantedPeach View Post
That's a good idea and you gave a great example.

We could also do a group rewatch and look for examples of foreshadowing, correct and incorrect, for both events and character development.

Oh my...

Old 03-08-2016, 11:52 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,163,634 times
Well done mr Julian fellowes well done indeed . I m sure we will see many of these actors again in other programs . I understand why they ended it and I'm sure they were quite worried that some of the older players would pass unexpectedly and therefore did not want to be left in the lurch of having to write them out . But all in all such a wonderful series and I for one will miss it very much ...sniff sniff .

Old 03-08-2016, 12:06 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,389,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brava4 View Post
Oh my...
Indeed. Let's just quietly walk away from that one.

Old 03-08-2016, 02:01 PM

48,564 posts, read 24,233,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blinx View Post
A nice episode all around, leaving us to imagine how it will all turn out for the next generation.

SOOOOO glad they did not have a long, drawn-out labor scene for Anna… but what did they name the baby??? I kept waiting to hear what they called it. Funny that we got the full, formal name of Rose's (unseen) baby but not the long-awaited Bates baby.
Well, he isn't of noble birth, so at least he won't have servants calling him "Master Bates."

Old 03-08-2016, 02:03 PM

29,783 posts, read 34,555,649 times
Anna did say something like "we have a baby boy, John" which, since Bates was already sitting next to her, implies that she wasn't talking to Bates but about the baby.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV