Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2012, 08:04 AM

251 posts, read 572,194 times

Advertisements

ANY kind of Housewife show or MTV "reality" show.
I hate shows that glorify the nasty side of human nature.

Also, commercials. Blech. We mute 'em.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2012, 02:18 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallingwater View Post
Hardcore Pawn. I am originally from the Detroit area and the show disgusts me especially when people in our area truly think that is how everyone in Detroit acts.
I feel your pain. That's how I feel about that stupid show "Portlandia" when people outside Portland think that's how everyone here acts.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:27 PM

10,213 posts, read 14,836,946 times
I've really got a thing about COMMERCIALS ... They are all pretty much brain-dead fodder that rely on feelings and emotions, rather than any factual content or product information.

We pretty much record anything we plan to watch (particularly real-time sports) and then fast-forward through the commercials.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:32 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,605,343 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernest T Bass View Post
Ed Schultz is even worse.

For some reason I can somewhat stomach Sgt Schultz.

Chris Matthews.....that is another story.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Hardcore Pawn. I am originally from the Detroit area and the show disgusts me especially when people in our area truly think that is how everyone in Detroit acts.
It wasn't TOO bad when it first started.

But now, with everyone coming into the store wanting to get onto HP......they go into the store acting totally bats**t crazy.

This show is one of the fakest "Reality" shows on the air.

Old 01-22-2012, 02:38 PM

21,956 posts, read 24,314,324 times
Just my opinion but "Criminal Minds" is beyond sick! If a sicko doesn't already have an idea well here ya go...just sayin.... I refuse to watch it.

Old 01-23-2012, 10:15 AM

24,417 posts, read 23,070,474 times
Hardcore Pawn.... is that all staged for the camera? I think its obvious the store owners ham it up for the camera and the drama is about as real as The Kardashians. But some of the lowlifes and nitwits that come through there, I'm just not sure if thats staged or not. .

Old 01-23-2012, 10:55 AM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
It wasn't TOO bad when it first started.

But now, with everyone coming into the store wanting to get onto HP......they go into the store acting totally bats**t crazy.

This show is one of the fakest "Reality" shows on the air.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
Hardcore Pawn.... is that all staged for the camera? I think its obvious the store owners ham it up for the camera and the drama is about as real as The Kardashians. But some of the lowlifes and nitwits that come through there, I'm just not sure if thats staged or not. .
We don't live in the Detroit area anymore but I have a friend that goes in there a lot. The jewelry selection I guess is pretty good. He said the store has always been calm when he goes in and not very busy unlike what you see on the cameras. I personally think they put the word out when filming is going on.

The customers are nuts and definitely ham it up for the cameras but I think the store owners are about as low life as some of the idiots that walk in the door.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
We don't live in the Detroit area anymore but I have a friend that goes in there a lot. The jewelry selection I guess is pretty good. He said the store has always been calm when he goes in and not very busy unlike what you see on the cameras. I personally think they put the word out when filming is going on.

The customers are nuts and definitely ham it up for the cameras but I think the store owners are about as low life as some of the idiots that walk in the door.
Yes, Les and his creepy kids do not come across as real classy to me. But I just love the hairstyle that Les chose.......greasy-half-mullet.

Old 01-24-2012, 08:59 PM

5,696 posts, read 19,146,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yes, Les and his creepy kids do not come across as real classy to me. But I just love the hairstyle that Les chose.......greasy-half-mullet.
Did I mention that my friend asked for a picture and Les said ya but for 5 bucks. I guess someone thinks he is a movie star already.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV