Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2011, 06:57 AM

8,228 posts, read 14,222,724 times

Advertisements

I see this commercial randomly, certainly not all the time and i watch a ton of TV. When I do see it I seem to see it "clumped' as it were. Meaning I might go a week or several weeks w/o seeing it then will see it several times during a specific show. Hardly enough to get truly irritated by it. I wonder what you are watching that you see it so often.

I actually really like the commercial. I liked the original ones too even if I was slightly puzzled at first.
I would rather see commercials like this than many other ones that are probably liked by the OP and detested by me.
Each to his own. They wouldn't keep using the concept if it hadn't proved popular.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:44 AM

11,151 posts, read 15,837,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Uh, don't forget..............erm, we are talking about RATS here.....right???
As has been said numerous times -- no. Hamsters, not rats. Not the same thing at all.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:01 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,454,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tickyul View Post
Yep, but I did not ask for the tired old line.....RAY-SIS, RAY-SIS.
Please consult a dictionary and learn the difference between prejudice and racist.

Old 05-27-2011, 05:25 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,204,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
A Kia is a Hyundai. Just like a Acura is a Honda!
I was going to say that. After I bought my Hyundai I found out it's the same company as KIA. The customer who informed me said they are a good car and that made me happy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eevee View Post
jeez, so much animosity for such a cute, clever commercial! I personally loved it, esp. since I used to have hamsters (folks, they're HAMSTERS, not rats!!). definitely makes me interested in the car (it is geared towards a younger generation that is far more likely to listen to and enjoy hip hop). I guess if you dislike the commericial that much, they obviously not targeting you. I'm not a fan of truck, Go Daddy, Pepsi Max, and old school cig commercials, but they aren't targeting me, so who cares!?!

I will say however, despite the fact I will never buy Old Spice, I LOVE those commercials. some do have cross-demo appeal
Oh yeah, Baby!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
And Lexus is a Toyota!

Kudos to David and Goliath for shooting right over the riff-raff's heads. David & Goliath

Kia's Hip Hop Hamsters Win Brand Automotive Ad of the Year

Kia's Hip Hop Hamsters Win Brand Automotive Ad of the Year - Adrants

Ford/Mercury, Chevy/Cadillac

Rat=rodent, hamster = rodent but definitely NOT the same. Neither is a sweet gerbil.

Old 05-27-2011, 07:48 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
The interesting thing is, I didn't say anything about race. And yet that's how it translated in your head because that's almost certainly the contextual prism through which you viewed this commercial, "rats" and all. You know what they say about the lady who doth protest too much...

See, why don't you just say it???? Come on, I know you want to.........it is fine with me.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:17 PM

22,662 posts, read 24,610,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Ummm....please point out the specific part of the commercial where the hamsters are displaying "sociopathic" behavior and commiting "drive-by shootings". Oh, and while you're at it...please quote the post where someone specifically and explicitly called you a "racist".

Due to the high level of violence surrounding Hip-Hop and people wearing Gangsta clothing, I consider this lifestyle sociopathic. These rats, in my eyes are getting in their "ride" to go do a drive-by shooting, gonna bust a cap into a sucka.

No one specifically called me racist, I get the impression that is what was implied..........I could be wrong.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:43 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,504,784 times
Thread closed due to the posts going off topic and to the extreme.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV