Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 06:02 PM

6,434 posts, read 5,251,590 times

Advertisements

It's always nice to see great talent we would not otherwise ever see. But whatever Nick does is fun and I enjoy the amount of camera time that goes his way.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2011, 06:14 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty_FL View Post
It's always nice to see great talent we would not otherwise ever see. But whatever Nick does is fun and I enjoy the amount of camera time that goes his way.
This is such a big break for people who would not otherwise have the chance.

I agree about Nick. He is fun to watch and he really diffuses some awkward situations.

Old 07-02-2011, 09:10 AM

563 posts, read 1,499,168 times
I loved when Nick came out to dance with those two girls. That was a good dance move he did. Very funny!!!

That leonid guy that tried out twice... I agree with pierce and I didn't see the first two seasons of the show. The quick change thing, I've seen Katy Perry do it and she learned it from the people on the last season (or maybe it was the season before last) of AGT. And he didn't even do it as well as that couple or Katy Perry did. And aside from doing the quick change, he was like nails on a chalkboard.

Old 07-13-2011, 07:45 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
So, it's the first results show and they've opted to feature a performance from the show, "Priscilla, Queen of the Desert"?

That's an ..... odd ..... choice ..... 0_o

Old 07-14-2011, 02:26 AM

2,105 posts, read 3,012,558 times
Agree, very strange.
I didn't vote for the acts so far, but I'm glad to see that the four I would have voted for made it to the next round. Out of these four I'd say the girl on the 4" bar would go on. I'll be curious to see how far the 11 yr. old goes. She has a good voice for her age.

Old 07-14-2011, 11:38 AM

3,022 posts, read 2,274,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdurncat13 View Post
Agree, very strange.
I didn't vote for the acts so far, but I'm glad to see that the four I would have voted for made it to the next round. Out of these four I'd say the girl on the 4" bar would go on. I'll be curious to see how far the 11 yr. old goes. She has a good voice for her age.
I agree that the little girl has a good voice but I am not sure that she has enough for a Vegas Act. I would rather seen that black singer go through he was more entertaining and I could see him do a Vegas Show.

Old 07-14-2011, 06:59 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
Rather than show the Priscilla number I would have liked to have seen some of the previous winners perform. Specifically Jackie Evancho and Terry Fator.

I have to agree with Piers that the "Little People" were definitely not a Vegas Act. The Russian Bar troupe and the dancers from Florida were. I would have liked to have seen more of the Blue Grass guys but they really messed up with the Michael Jackson song.

I like the little 11 year old but more as a recording artist than a Vegas performer. She has a great voice and I love her smile.

I look foward to this show every summer.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:38 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,836,462 times
Three-quarters of the way through tonight's episode and, overall, the acts are merely mediocre. There have been two or three good ones, but the rest have left me feeling ... meh.

And I honestly don't understand the judges' love for the female Justin Bieber lookalike. I didn't think she was as good as the other female singers who were cut in Las Vegas, and she certainly didn't do anything tonight to impress me.

ETA: However, the final act, Silhouettes, was (again) amazing!

Last edited by Green Irish Eyes; 07-19-2011 at 08:54 PM..

Old 07-19-2011, 09:50 PM

3,086 posts, read 7,616,167 times
If my kids weren't watching along with me I would have fast forwarded through the majority of the acts tonight!

I agree that Silhouettes was amazing! That's the only act I will make my husband stop to watch before I erase it. lol

The magician was on shaky ground, but the 'trick' was a great one.

The young singer Daniel Joseph Baker is good. The male pole dancer has incredible strength and is fun to watch, but not necessarily something I'd like to watch often.

The rest I could leave behind....especially the 'cowboy' who was resoundingly boring after the knives and guns deal.

Old 07-19-2011, 11:03 PM

44,633 posts, read 61,629,357 times
100% agree. Tonights show was mediocre at best. The last act, Silhouettes, was the only real good part of the evening. Everyone else flopped one way or another. Singers missed some notes, juggler fumbled, magician was dull, dancers off balance, pole dancer is a limited act, Bieber girl was way off key several times and not very entertaining, the motorcycle boys were fairly good but flubbed a few times and had some difficulty with some manuvers, comic sucked. Yep, not so hot tonight.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV