Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2011, 06:25 PM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,849 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasfirewheel View Post
A few pages back I posted about the dancers. I dont think anyone responded. Do youall not care about the dancers on the show? I know the stars are the "stars" but the dancers have such a big job, choreographing each dance and then trying to each it to the stars in such a short timeframe.
Ohh! I'll discuss the pro dancers with you texas - to me, they are the heart and soul of the show.
I really missed Derek last season when he was gone doing Broadway (or whatever he had going). I was so glad to see his cute self back this season.

Mark Ballas
I run hot and cold about. He's a wonderfully innovative choreographer, but a lot of the time I think he designs a dance to showcase himself instead of his 'star'.

Maks
, now what's not to love, the big ol ego-ball. My favorite is to watch the clips of him in practice. The things that come out of his mouth, I'm surprised one of his partner's hasn't decked him yet!

Tony
, meh. I can't get a handle on him. He doesn't let much of his personality out.

Tristan
, he looks like a child! And dancing with Nancy, it looks like he's dancing with his mom. I hope they don't do a lot of bumping and grinding moves because I could easily get creeped out on that. Bad enough one of her girls escaped in his face at the end of that one dance. I do enjoy his accent, but have a hard time understanding it.

Val
(aka MiniMaks), he left too soon. Want more.

And now for the wimmen:

Kym my absolute favorite. She has such a sunny personality, and seems like a genuinely nice person. Not to mention a fantastic performer.

Anna seems like she has a mean streak, but I am enjoying watching her with Carson, she seems like she is really having fun this season. It's nice to see that.

Karina, also can't get a handle on her. I don't know if I like her or not. She's awesome with JR though, so she can stay

Cheryl seems more reserved this season. Dunno why. She's a favorite of mine too. And she is doing a fantastic job with Rob. I think she is underrated sometimes.

Lacey - oh Lacey Lacey Lacey. I want to like her but she keeps doing dumb junk. Like the half-blond hair last season, and don't even get me started on her costumes.

Peta? New. Gone early. No comment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2011, 07:52 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,454,370 times
I have two left feet so I admire anyone who can dance and has the guts to try to compete on national TV.

Old 10-06-2011, 09:03 PM

15,632 posts, read 24,435,519 times
Great post, RanchoNan! I wish I could rep you, but I have to spread it around a bit.

I think a lot of your observations are right-on and I appreciated your insight.

Old 10-07-2011, 09:00 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,117,748 times
me too Nan +1

Old 10-09-2011, 05:11 PM

2,119 posts, read 4,168,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
But isn't his mother a multi-multi millionaire?
Does that make a difference? Not always..my parents were loaded but didn't give it to me...I am able bodied as is Chaz and can earn a living!

Old 10-10-2011, 07:39 PM

Those of you who arent interested in the dancers should be aware that Derek's choreography is the primary reason for the standing ovation and those scores.

Old 10-10-2011, 07:46 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Those of you who arent interested in the dancers should be aware that Derek's choreography is the primary reason for the standing ovation and those scores.

dang, that's kinda a snarky post.
I understand the pros choreograph the routines........they should and should know what they are doing. Dang girlfriend

Old 10-10-2011, 07:50 PM

Oh, it did sound snarky. I'm sorry. I came into the computer room during a commercial break and didnt really think about how to word it. I really didnt mean it to sound like that. I do think viewers should give more credit to the dancers and I was trying to get that point across..

Old 10-10-2011, 07:59 PM

8,816 posts, read 21,282,976 times
I am such a klutz, unfortunately. I think that they are all excellent (even Chas and Nancy Grace) and I admire them all for getting out there.

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-10-2011, 08:03 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,796,829 times
Quote:
Oh, it did sound snarky. I'm sorry. I came into the computer room during a commercial break and didnt really think about how to word it. I really didnt mean it to sound like that. I do think viewers should give more credit to the dancers and I was trying to get that point across..

ok well that's cool but give the viewers enough credit to know the pro dancers should be and are commended for all their contributions.
ALL I said before about the pro dancers is that I personally am not interested in their personal lives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV