Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2011, 02:07 PM

8,818 posts, read 21,290,844 times

Advertisements

Maybe people just want to see Chaz's mother as I believe she promised to be on the show next week if Chaz were still in the show.

And, on The Nancy Grace Show on HLN, they spend about ten minutes of each show (when they aren't talking about Michael Jackson or Casey Anthony) telling everyone to vote for "Nancy". I think her fans feel obligated to do this even though it is obvious that she should not be the winner .

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2011, 02:20 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,662,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nancy thereader View Post
Maybe people just want to see Chaz's mother as I believe she promised to be on the show next week if Chaz were still in the show.

And, on The Nancy Grace Show on HLN, they spend about ten minutes of each show (when they aren't talking about Michael Jackson or Casey Anthony) telling everyone to vote for "Nancy". I think her fans feel obligated to do this even though it is obvious that she should not be the winner .
Curious? What is your honest overall 'take' on Nancy Grace?

Old 10-05-2011, 02:22 PM

15,370 posts, read 39,129,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
No, Cavallari was NOT the best! But I agree with most of the rest of your post. Last night's elimination of Kristen and Mark is appalling and proves DWTS's has NO CREDIBILITY as a honest judgement of who are the best dancers! -

J.R. brings Elegance to the dance floor. That is rare. So glad to see him.

Cavallari is GOOD, not great.
JR is GOOD, not great.

as far as Credibility.....DWTS has the credibility, the fans do not.

Last edited by Beretta; 10-06-2011 at 07:31 PM..

Old 10-05-2011, 02:29 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,803,735 times
Quote:

nah, I just think Chaz has a huge fan base from the gay community.

Are you kind of stretching the time? 10 full minutes dedicated to begging for votes? I'll have to watch this evening and see that for myself. Not only do I think CNN would not allow it, I also think the sponsors would not.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:00 PM

Curious? What is your honest overall 'take' on Nancy Grace?

Well, I am not crazy about her as a person . I would imagine that she is extremely difficult to deal with , but I do watch those HLN shows as here they are are rather early in the day ( 5:00 p.m. ) and there is nothing else on at that time. I am not sure why she chose to go on that show as it really does not show her in a flattering light at all.

Are you kind of stretching the time? 10 full minutes dedicated to begging for votes? I'll have to watch this evening and see that for myself. Not only do I think CNN would not allow it, I also think the sponsors would not.

They absolutely do ask people to vote for her & they rerun the scenes of her dancing several times. And, those are not from the CNN (HLN) channel, but are ABC's originally. I guess whatever Nancy wants ......

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .

Old 10-05-2011, 04:13 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,545,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
nah, I just think Chaz has a huge fan base from the gay community.

I would think that Carson would get more support/votes from the LGBT community than Chaz.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:17 PM

21,695 posts, read 28,467,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lao Tzu MindFul View Post
It was the most horrible elimination ever on a reality show. Even more shocking than when that really hot chick (who btw was the BEST singer) got eliminated on American Idol last year. I'm telling you, its a case of people voting for who is most like them instead of voting for the best dancer.

Even though I want Riki Lake to win, I have to say that Cavallari WAS the best dancer. I'm telling you, pretty girls really have no chance of winning shows like this because I believe the majority of the voters are women who grew up hating the "pretty girls". Bet there were a lot of ugly fat chicks celebrating when Kristen was voted off.

Formats of these types of shows should be vote for who should be eliminated, NOT for who is your favorite. That, AND the judges should also have a LOT more say as well.
Okay, having not been a constant watcher of the show I mentioned before that I used to think people were judged only on their dancing ability but now see this is not the case.

If that is the format of the show: dancing and popularity that's what it is supposed to be. As far as what the judges have to say, it's an entertainment format so all they get are a few minutes to be silly.

So I would suggest you just relax and enjoy what dancing there is. Or do like me and record it and FF it through all the yakety *** and just watch the dancers dancing and the scores.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:11 PM

I would think that Carson would get more support/votes from the LGBT community than Chaz.

Yes, I would too & I think he is just so funny. I like him a lot.
Isn't the Gay Community inclusive of Lesbians, though? Why do they always say "Gays and Lesbians", I wonder.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:30 PM

12,981 posts, read 14,540,348 times
Quote:

Yes, I would too & I think he is just so funny. I like him a lot.
Isn't the Gay Community inclusive of Lesbians, though? Why do they always say "Gays and Lesbians", I wonder.
But why would Carson get more support than Chaz? Isn't it gay, lesbian, bisexual and transsexual? I do agree about Carson, he is a hoot to watch AND he's getting better!

Old 10-05-2011, 06:40 PM

18,478 posts, read 31,661,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post

Absolutely, I met Carson at Pier Dance in NYC a few years ago, he is just as nice in person, and got to kiss his cheek.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV