Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2011, 05:14 AM

28,976 posts, read 30,358,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalblue View Post
the father is not very bright. he needs to understand that there is a war between the sixers and the colony.

sheesh.
I think, first off, he's trying to make the best of things for his family's sake, and just sit back and observe, until he is able to better understand what is going on...I think he is as much in the dark as we are...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2011, 05:23 AM

I thought this weeks show was a little better, and liked the premise behind sending the lil girl in there to gain that thing? Whatever it is...? I feared it may contain some virus or deadly disease? But that's my 2011 terrorist concept.

However, I did like what went on this past week, and lets remember, it is a series, therefore, they won't tell you everything that is going on and why...they want to get you hooked....

Don't know how to feel about the Commander? If he's a good guy or bad? Time will tell though....

Better this week, don't you think? Not great but better...

Old 10-19-2011, 05:41 AM

3,982 posts, read 10,475,236 times
and if they wanted to kill people, they could just send them into a 22nd century fusion reactor or something. probably would look the same...

Old 10-19-2011, 07:10 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,662,002 times
we just watched the third episode. still not really liking this show. debating whether to continue watching. we have episode 4 on the dvr, but not sure I want to spend another 45 minutes watching a show I don't really like!

Old 10-19-2011, 08:37 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,458,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgresident View Post
we just watched the third episode. still not really liking this show. debating whether to continue watching. we have episode 4 on the dvr, but not sure I want to spend another 45 minutes watching a show I don't really like!
The last episode I found better than the last two episodes. It finally gets back to the conflict between the factions vs the terrible birds/virus plotlines.

Old 10-19-2011, 08:38 AM

2,382 posts, read 5,406,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
I thought this weeks show was a little better, and liked the premise behind sending the lil girl in there to gain that thing? Whatever it is...? I feared it may contain some virus or deadly disease? But that's my 2011 terrorist concept.

However, I did like what went on this past week, and lets remember, it is a series, therefore, they won't tell you everything that is going on and why...they want to get you hooked....

Don't know how to feel about the Commander? If he's a good guy or bad? Time will tell though....

Better this week, don't you think? Not great but better...
Somewhat better but still not great.... Honestly, we don't watch all that much tv here. I'm just looking for a couple shows to fill a couple of hours while I knock out the laundry/ironing for the week...

I'm thinking not a virus - they'd have the same problems that "our" terrorists do, a virus is only good to you if you have somewhat to weaponize it..

Maybe a communication device - although it seemed like they (the 6ers) already had comm with the future? Or maybe something to open/discovery new paths to the past/future?

I wonder why the 6ers hang around so close to the fort, are they also using the portal to the future, I guess they must be or they would have moved away from the main group. There would be plenty of room, right?

Taylor - good guy I think - but not really sure of what's going on (the purpose of TN)

I found myself annoyed by the son, even though he didn't have much screen time. The whining about giving his room up, etc.. I found the daughters weak stomach for blood a little unbelievable, even more so that she was dismissed from her training so quickly for it...

Old 10-19-2011, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakeneko View Post
Somewhat better but still not great.... Honestly, we don't watch all that much tv here. I'm just looking for a couple shows to fill a couple of hours while I knock out the laundry/ironing for the week...

I'm thinking not a virus - they'd have the same problems that "our" terrorists do, a virus is only good to you if you have somewhat to weaponize it..

Maybe a communication device - although it seemed like they (the 6ers) already had comm with the future? Or maybe something to open/discovery new paths to the past/future?

I wonder why the 6ers hang around so close to the fort, are they also using the portal to the future, I guess they must be or they would have moved away from the main group. There would be plenty of room, right?

Taylor - good guy I think - but not really sure of what's going on (the purpose of TN)

I found myself annoyed by the son, even though he didn't have much screen time. The whining about giving his room up, etc.. I found the daughters weak stomach for blood a little unbelievable, even more so that she was dismissed from her training so quickly for it...
have you tried watching Homeland, Game of Thrones, A Gifted Man, or House yet? Also enjoy Boardwalk Empire...I worked with a cousin of Buscemi...

Old 10-31-2011, 10:07 PM

2,713 posts, read 3,029,457 times
Episode tonight was pretty boring.

The teenage boy (for some reason his name is not sticking in my head), is killing my interest in this show.

This show needs more action....Badly.

Old 11-01-2011, 06:53 AM

3,131 posts, read 11,662,002 times
we decided to quit this show. it just didn't live up to the hype. why have all the dinos and not effectively use them?

Old 11-01-2011, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermaine88 View Post
Episode tonight was pretty boring.

The teenage boy (for some reason his name is not sticking in my head), is killing my interest in this show.

This show needs more action....Badly.
I didn't watch it...and your right, the show's concept was a good one coming in, but the writers bombed...I found a whole lot of other shows which I enjoy much more...like "Walking Dead", "Once Upon a Time" "Grimm" "Boardwalk Empire" "Gifted Man" would love to watch Person of Interest, but I go to bed early, therefore, I rely on catching up on these shows, "ondemand", and for some odd reason, they are not replaying Person of Interest??????

But, yeah, I'm done with Terra Nova, there are way to many much more exciting shows on...and I'm so glad, those reality shows were killing TV, not to mention, if that is what people deemed entertainment, well, that scared me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV