Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2012, 11:06 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebnllnb View Post
They are all charlatans. No one can speak with the dead. There is no such thing as ESP. No one can predict the future with any reliability because they're just guessing. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. These people are nothing but sharks and kooks.

IT'S ALL BS!!!!!
People who have personally experienced ghosts, or talked to psychics who knew things that no one could possibly know about them, are not going to be convinced by anything you have to say. Just saying.

One of my cats died this year and he came back to visit. Repeatedly. I am not the only person in the house to experience it ... and it's still ongoing.

You trying to lecture us that such things don't happen is irrevelant to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2012, 11:16 AM

313 posts, read 402,114 times
Quote:
They are all charlatans.
All of them? Hm, you just lost credibility there. I can see how not every single person who claims this type of ability has it, but not all are charlatans. I'm on the fence myself where I'm open to the idea in general, but each psychic/medium has to convince me s/he is for real..

Quote:
No one can speak with the dead. There is no such thing as ESP. No one can predict the future with any reliability because they're just guessing. You are fooling yourself if you think otherwise. These people are nothing but sharks and kooks.

IT'S ALL BS!!!!!
All BS? Wow. You're pretty certain of something without being able to prove it. You can't prove it doesn't exist, can you?

How do we know no one can speak with the dead? For me, I like to hear specifics which John Edward and Teresa sometimes offer i.e. validation, which there is no way the psychic/medium could know if they didn't have special abilities.

I wish clients/family members on these shows wouldn't give so much away when the medium is talking. It's hard for them I'm sure because they're in pain and in their grief, they want to facilitate as much as possible. It would be better if they kept their answers limited to yes and no, then we'd get a better sense of just how specific and accurate the psychic is, KWIM?

Old 10-23-2012, 11:52 AM

4,529 posts, read 5,138,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
People who have personally experienced ghosts, or talked to psychics who knew things that no one could possibly know about them, are not going to be convinced by anything you have to say. Just saying.

One of my cats died this year and he came back to visit. Repeatedly. I am not the only person in the house to experience it ... and it's still ongoing.

You trying to lecture us that such things don't happen is irrevelant to me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvcatnip View Post
All of them? Hm, you just lost credibility there. I can see how not every single person who claims this type of ability has it, but not all are charlatans. I'm on the fence myself where I'm open to the idea in general, but each psychic/medium has to convince me s/he is for real..

All BS? Wow. You're pretty certain of something without being able to prove it. You can't prove it doesn't exist, can you?

How do we know no one can speak with the dead? For me, I like to hear specifics which John Edward and Teresa sometimes offer i.e. validation, which there is no way the psychic/medium could know if they didn't have special abilities.

I wish clients/family members on these shows wouldn't give so much away when the medium is talking. It's hard for them I'm sure because they're in pain and in their grief, they want to facilitate as much as possible. It would be better if they kept their answers limited to yes and no, then we'd get a better sense of just how specific and accurate the psychic is, KWIM?

If this type of phenomena held any water it could be scientifically proven. But no psychic has ever held up under scientific study. The lack of any real hard evidence of the supernatural is proof.

Old 10-24-2012, 07:38 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,949,188 times
I went to a live show to see her, it was last night {10/23} in Durham, NC; the show was AMAZING...

Old 10-24-2012, 02:50 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
I went to a live show to see her, it was last night {10/23} in Durham, NC; the show was AMAZING...
I was there too! I didn't get a reading but what she told some of the people in the audience seemed to be very exact and correct. She is smaller in person than on TV. Larry (her husband) was walking around the lobby. I walked over to him and shook his hand. He walked around the lobby for a while. Some people took photos with him. I really wish I had gotten the opportunity to speak with Theresa but some of the things that she said made me realize that my dad and nephew (both passed this year) are ok.

Vicki

Old 10-24-2012, 10:08 PM

16,488 posts, read 24,480,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nynraleigh View Post
How exciting, tell us all about it. Did she happen to read you?

Old 10-24-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
I was there too! I didn't get a reading but what she told some of the people in the audience seemed to be very exact and correct. She is smaller in person than on TV. Larry (her husband) was walking around the lobby. I walked over to him and shook his hand. He walked around the lobby for a while. Some people took photos with him. I really wish I had gotten the opportunity to speak with Theresa but some of the things that she said made me realize that my dad and nephew (both passed this year) are ok.

Vicki
Sounds great. About how many people are in the audience and how many of them get read?

Old 10-25-2012, 01:12 AM

5,126 posts, read 7,410,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brokencrayola View Post
I loved last nights shows. Theresa can be quite funny. The show where people on Twitter asked her questions showed a very likeable side of her and the connection she has with her family. The second show which showed scenes never seen before was also interesting.
I loved the part where she said she still can't believe she's actually a medium.

Someone mentioned they didn't understand why she gets so excited when she gets the information right or finds out the significance of what she says.

Evidently she's never gotten blase about it.

Old 10-25-2012, 02:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooting Stars View Post
I loved the part where she said she still can't believe she's actually a medium.

Someone mentioned they didn't understand why she gets so excited when she gets the information right or finds out the significance of what she says.

Evidently she's never gotten blase about it.
^^^ I agree. Many times Theresa acts as surprised as the client when she tells her something specific about their loved one. I like the fact that she seems gracious about her gift of being a medium.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:40 AM

1,263 posts, read 4,949,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post

Vicki
Hi Vicki,
I feel the same way...I didn't receive a reading either...I was hoping, but understand she couldn't get to 2,800 people lol... I was hoping to connect with my dad, it's been 3 years and I feel like it was yesterday...I miss him SO much...and my grandparents as well... Theresa was on point, the 10yo boy who lost his dad was an amazing reading...we were all crying in my section, then laughing with his consistents "NO" lol; as I'm sure everyone in the venue was....what an AMAZING show...I hope she comes back next year Glad you had a great time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV