Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2011, 07:32 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DesG73 View Post
Tami

The Reyes family is LONG GONE. Once Ben and Vivian scared them out that was it. The nexct thing you knew the realtor was putting a "Reduced" sticker on the for sale sign. Ben, Viv and the other good spirits trapped in the house are making sure no one else suffers their fate. That pretty much closed that chapter of the show. Next year is a completely different chapter that's hopefully just as crazy so it keeps us coming back for more
Yeah, that seems to be the case, and from what I'm reading the show may get some serious talent to star in it, not that those actors aren't fine, I just think we may see some well known and respected actors for next season, possibly film stars since they only have to sign on for 1 season, and the show has some serious artistic credibility. Apparently, the only thing off the table is vampires, they said they won't be doing any vamp stories, but we may not see the same type of ghosts next season it may be some other kind of "horror."

Last edited by detshen; 12-23-2011 at 07:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-23-2011, 08:52 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,633,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by detshen View Post
Bummer, you should be able to watch the rest online, it should be on the FX website, and Hulu shows it also.
Thanks for the tip. It doesn't seem like the finale is available yet ("Afterbirth") but I'll check back again in a few days.

Old 12-23-2011, 09:37 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,199,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
Thanks for the tip. It doesn't seem like the finale is available yet ("Afterbirth") but I'll check back again in a few days.
I hate that, my Tivo has cut me off a few times too, it's so frustrating!

Old 12-23-2011, 10:02 AM

16,408 posts, read 33,309,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Loose ends we did not get answers to:
--who is Constance's 4th child?
--what is Constance's relationship with the house and the "dark force" in it? (and my pet peeve--when and why did she move in, out, in, and out of the murder house?)

Now for season two, we have to be ahead in time to at least 2014, since it jumped to "three years later." I wonder if it will just become a big story of the devil (who we presume resides in the house and may reside in Tate) or rise of the antichrist (little darling Michael). Sure that can make a cool show--like Carnivale---but it won't be the same cool story of a screwed up family dealing with hauntings like the first season. I was kind of hoping the new family that moved in would become the stars of next season.

I'm kind of hoping Tate can somehow be rehabilitated by having a father-son relationship with Ben. Maybe the good in him will start to battle the bad, and maybe in the end he'll be the instrument for defeating evil. He's a horrible sociopath, but so damned lovable!

Then we have the first twin who is now alive. I do wonder who goes out and buys food, diapers, etc, since none of the ghosts can leave the property. Constance doesn't know about this baby, so she can't help, and wouldn't anyway.

But the BIGGEST mystery that was settled was "where is Vivien's little yip-dog?" We haven't seen her since Halloween when we learned she wasn't microwaved. Now the poor thing has to live with Marci!
I don't think that twin is alive. Remember when Vivian said something about it being stillborn and the doctor's wife said that it took ONE breath? I think it's a little ghost infant. Took one breath in the cursed house and then died, becoming yet another ghost in residence.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:03 AM

2,637 posts, read 12,633,921 times
Usually when this happens, it happens to all episodes and I can just adjust the recording time. Previous episodes recorded fine all the way to the next episode's preview at the end. Maybe it ran over a little this time or my DVR decided to reboot itself at the most inopportune moment possible (as usual). I was able to find a nice detailed plot synopsis on tv.com and apparently I missed several scenes.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
And then the baby disappears, and the cops take Constance's word for what happened, after all that's already happened? I can't believe that the LAPD wouldn't have searched the house top to bottom and found both the exterminator and Violet. Or at least the new owners would have had a home inspection that found the same.
I can't believe the exterminator's truck disappeared by itself. Or did he walk to the house to do the job?

Old 12-23-2011, 10:19 AM

212 posts, read 320,547 times
I believe I read that the Sybil thing was proven to be a hoax?

Old 12-23-2011, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracySam View Post
Okay, so the wikipedia episode summary says the first twin took one breath and died, like the other poster said. So the ghosts can take care of the baby, since it would supposedly not need diapers or food (or maybe ghost-diapers and ghost-food). What a pain in the ass it must be to have a ghost that's eternally a newborn! I think I'd have to re-kill myself if I was stuck there.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Afterbi...n_Horror_Story)

Constance told her hair stylist that her distant cousins died and she got their child, Michael. But is she really using that as her official story to tell everyone? Wouldn't the police get suspicious when a baby from next door went missing, and now suddenly this wacky old lady has a baby the same age? What about when she has to register him for school, or take him to a doctor? You need some official paperwork showing you're the legal guardian. I really hate when shows don't pay attention to detail, when they are so meticulous about other details.
I don't think Constance will do any of that. Who would send a kid to school or take a kid to the doctor that can gruesomely kill their adult babysitter?

Old 12-23-2011, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
Right off the bat my guess would be that the Reyes family will be the new "victims" and Constance and Michael will be in there too. No one has commented on how quickly Michael grew up!

Very interesting plan...to end each season and start over. I sure hope next season is as thrilling as this one was.
It said "Three Years Later" when Constance went to the hairdresser.

Old 12-23-2011, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilli View Post
Usually when this happens, it happens to all episodes and I can just adjust the recording time. Previous episodes recorded fine all the way to the next episode's preview at the end. Maybe it ran over a little this time or my DVR decided to reboot itself at the most inopportune moment possible (as usual). I was able to find a nice detailed plot synopsis on tv.com and apparently I missed several scenes.
The episode (incl. commercials) was an hour and ten minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV