Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2007, 07:58 PM

5,762 posts, read 11,367,944 times

Advertisements

Sopranos, if they ever come back from their 2 year break, is one I like to watch.
Lost, if I can ever figure out what's going on. Bizarre, eccentric cast, which I enjoy.
Jericho, pretty good. Again, a rather eccentric cast tossed together.

None of the current sitcoms are must see TV for me. Seinfeld was my 90s favorite and Cheers was my 80s favorite, can't think of much else that was even close to those two. OK, Northern Exposure. Ooops, forgot Bob Newhart.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2007, 08:17 PM

5,299 posts, read 8,254,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by recycled View Post
Sopranos, if they ever come back from their 2 year break, is one I like to watch.
Lost, if I can ever figure out what's going on. Bizarre, eccentric cast, which I enjoy.
Jericho, pretty good. Again, a rather eccentric cast tossed together.

None of the current sitcoms are must see TV for me. Seinfeld was my 90s favorite and Cheers was my 80s favorite, can't think of much else that was even close to those two. OK, Northern Exposure. Ooops, forgot Bob Newhart.
I saw Newhart perform in person once. There was not one dirty or off color remark in his act, and he was, without a doubt, the best comedic performance I'd seen. Ditto on all the shows mentioned. I don't watch Lost, but Northern Exposure sure had a cast of eccentric characters.

Old 02-20-2007, 01:39 PM

660 posts, read 2,441,052 times
mine are reba, the simpsons, king of the hill, degrassi, instant star, my name is earl, the white rapper show thats all i can remember right now

Old 02-20-2007, 03:02 PM
JJG

13,612 posts, read 22,898,942 times
FOX's Animation Domination Sunday(excluding South Park)
  • The Simpsons
    South Park
    Family Guy
    King of the Hill
    American Dad
In that order.

Old 02-20-2007, 06:10 PM

2,815 posts, read 12,985,389 times
I watch HouseHunters, Buy Me (those Canadian women have tempers and meek husbands!!!), Cash in the Attic (British version), Ghost Hunters, The Real Housewives of Orange County, Hulk Hogan's reality show, Gene Simmons Family Jewels (surprisingly..that family is a real family and those kids are not only well behaved, but extremely articulate and funny too. Those parents succeeded), American Idol, The Dresden Files, The Weather Channel - though I flip it when Heidi Cullen comes on), and most of the major news stations I watch, though I can't stand Keith Olbermann so avoid MSNBC when he's on, and I don't like CNN's Glen Beck either. He's just annoying. I really like Fox, Bill O'Reilly, and most of that team. I avoid the main CNN channel in the morning because I don't like Tony Harris at all..pompous idiot.
I don't watch the more mainstream shows. I've only seen one episode of Friends in the past that I can remember, never watched that popular show with Kramer whatever it's called, and don't watch any of the main television shows, so I don't recognize any of the actors or actresses usually.

Old 02-20-2007, 07:50 PM

1,489 posts, read 8,797,006 times
I love MAMA'S FAMILY !!!!

Old 02-20-2007, 09:59 PM

157 posts, read 479,394 times
I'm not sure if this was mentioned before. I didn't get a chance to read all the posts.

I liked *Dexter* starring Michael C. Hall. It’s a Showtime series about a serial killer who kills only bad people, mostly other murderers. Dexter works as a blood splatter expert in the police department in Miami.

Luckily, this fall, I stumbled upon the series premiere by accident, thinking it was a movie. I was hooked since day 1. I can hardly wait until next season. Because it's a sick concept for a tv series, it’s strange to admit that I thoroughly enjoyed it and actually rooting for Dexter. If you want something really different, Dexter fits the bill.

Old 02-21-2007, 04:26 PM

5 posts, read 13,403 times
24, Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, CSI:, House, Nip/Tuck....
FRIENDS is my all time favorite...
Sex and the City, Will & Grace....

Old 02-22-2007, 12:27 PM

17,764 posts, read 39,725,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
I watch HouseHunters, Buy Me (those Canadian women have tempers and meek husbands!!!), Cash in the Attic (British version), Ghost Hunters, The Real Housewives of Orange County, Hulk Hogan's reality show, Gene Simmons Family Jewels (surprisingly..that family is a real family and those kids are not only well behaved, but extremely articulate and funny too. Those parents succeeded), American Idol, The Dresden Files, The Weather Channel - though I flip it when Heidi Cullen comes on), and most of the major news stations I watch, though I can't stand Keith Olbermann so avoid MSNBC when he's on, and I don't like CNN's Glen Beck either. He's just annoying. I really like Fox, Bill O'Reilly, and most of that team. I avoid the main CNN channel in the morning because I don't like Tony Harris at all..pompous idiot.
I don't watch the more mainstream shows. I've only seen one episode of Friends in the past that I can remember, never watched that popular show with Kramer whatever it's called, and don't watch any of the main television shows, so I don't recognize any of the actors or actresses usually.
I love Buy Me!!! Doesn't that show take place in Quebec? I'm amazed at how dumpy some houses are in that show and they still sell! I also love How It's Made, Dirty Jobs & Mythbusters.

Love Olbermann, can't stand Beck or anything on Faux. When insomnia strikes, I like to watch ABC World News Now ... great show.

Old 02-23-2007, 08:53 PM

265 posts, read 1,548,383 times
The majority of my TV-watching is done on the TCM (Turner Classic Movies) channel, so it depends entirely on their programming each month, but other than that I watch (in order of preference, favorites first):

Battlestar Galactica (the new SciFi Channel series)
Boston Legal
House
Grey's Anatomy

That's pretty much it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV