Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-08-2012, 03:50 PM

3,113 posts, read 8,379,755 times

Advertisements

Okay, I finally clicked on Colton's bio, and this was the part that made me laugh...

Quote:
Pet Peeves: Ugly people who think they’re hot.
And that came in the same bio where he described himself as adorable, entertaining, confident, hilarious, athletic, and good looking? Has he looked in a mirror? He's the very definition of the kind of people he professes to find irritating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2012, 03:58 PM

986 posts, read 1,666,460 times
I think whoever said that Colton's out to **** off his parents is spot on.

From Colton's bio:

Personal Claim to Fame: I came out as gay when I was 12 years old, sixth grade in South Alabama. My parents definitely did not run out to join Parents of Lesbian and Gay (PFLAG) and it took a long time but they came around.
SURVIVOR Contestant You Are Most Like: As far as my personality goes I would be a mix of Queen Parvati, Corinne and JT. I embody three of their distinctive traits; heartlessness (in a loveable way), low tolerance for trash and that people hate me but still want to be my best friend.
Um, no. Definitely not JT. JT was nowhere near the level of D-Bag that you are.
Reason for Being on SURVIVOR: I would love nothing more than to see my verbally abusive stepdad’s reaction when I win a million dollars on national TV.
Another reference to (step) parents.
Why You Think You Will Be the Sole SURVIVOR: I don’t believe, I know! There has never been anyone with the social skills and charisma I possess on this show. I’m confident, hilarious, athletic, good looking, adorable and I have good teeth with a hint of Southern charm. What more could you want? I have yet to see any athletic ability. Unless you count swinging in a swing and napping.

Old 03-08-2012, 04:50 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,219,158 times
Colton isn't trying to win, he's going for the long haul, Survivor Celebrity. The more outrageous he is the more play he gets after.
Russell Hantz is doing either a reality show or an epi of a reality show called Flipped Off (or so I heard, I haven't confirmed it myself yet).
Survivor is a big club. Contestants, production staff, they get together for viewings of the show, have twitter accounts, make appearances etc. They can be minor celebs. It can play into a whole career. Some don't want to partake, they want a normal life and decline to participate. Some get on the show because that's exactly what they want, they don't need the million to do that. That's Colton's plan.

I would agree that I suspect that this episode has been very heavily edited. What was with Lief crawling in that box? Everyone thinks thats totally strange. I'll bet dollors to donuts that the guys were joking around and Lief was doing something funny. They clip it totally out of context. Tarzan and Colton make zero sense - something is going on there that we haven't seen. I get that with a week of footage they have a lot of material - but there job is to represent the reality as honestly as possible not create a total fabrication which is what I think is going on.

I have no idea why the guys agreed to go to tribal. You would think that at least the one or two who thought they might be voted out would say no I'm not going. Hard to drag them physically. So on one hand you know - I hope if screws them ALL royally after the gender swap and rest of the game.
Not one of the men seems to be thinking strategically - why not get together and figure out how to flush Colton's idol?
Are they setting up alliances with the women? I would suspect that they all are but its not being shown.
Another stupid thing - they wanted to trade half the fish for using the nets ( and I think its stupid for the girls not to agree) but then they give them the idol without even negotiating for net use?
Why would you go over there and say 'gee our tribe is all screwed up and we want to go to tribal to blindside someone vs. ''hey we got some strategy options we're thinking about, would you let us use the nets if we went to tribal?"
Its Moot if they swap genders but it just shows that they aren't thinking.
Honestly I miss Matt. I don't think he would have gone along with going to tribal and giving up the numbers just so Colton can be famous.

Last edited by Giesela; 03-08-2012 at 05:01 PM..

Old 03-08-2012, 06:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,794,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
Colton isn't trying to win, he's going for the long haul, Survivor Celebrity. The more outrageous he is the more play he gets after.
Russell Hantz is doing either a reality show or an epi of a reality show called Flipped Off (or so I heard, I haven't confirmed it myself yet).
Survivor is a big club. Contestants, production staff, they get together for viewings of the show, have twitter accounts, make appearances etc. They can be minor celebs. It can play into a whole career. Some don't want to partake, they want a normal life and decline to participate. Some get on the show because that's exactly what they want, they don't need the million to do that. That's Colton's plan.

I would agree that I suspect that this episode has been very heavily edited. What was with Lief crawling in that box? Everyone thinks thats totally strange. I'll bet dollors to donuts that the guys were joking around and Lief was doing something funny. They clip it totally out of context. Tarzan and Colton make zero sense - something is going on there that we haven't seen. I get that with a week of footage they have a lot of material - but there job is to represent the reality as honestly as possible not create a total fabrication which is what I think is going on.

I have no idea why the guys agreed to go to tribal. You would think that at least the one or two who thought they might be voted out would say no I'm not going. Hard to drag them physically. So on one hand you know - I hope if screws them ALL royally after the gender swap and rest of the game.
Not one of the men seems to be thinking strategically - why not get together and figure out how to flush Colton's idol?
Are they setting up alliances with the women? I would suspect that they all are but its not being shown.
Another stupid thing - they wanted to trade half the fish for using the nets ( and I think its stupid for the girls not to agree) but then they give them the idol without even negotiating for net use?
Why would you go over there and say 'gee our tribe is all screwed up and we want to go to tribal to blindside someone vs. ''hey we got some strategy options we're thinking about, would you let us use the nets if we went to tribal?"
Its Moot if they swap genders but it just shows that they aren't thinking.
Honestly I miss Matt. I don't think he would have gone along with going to tribal and giving up the numbers just so Colton can be famous.
^ ^ ^
Exactly-yea--what she said ^

Old 03-08-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giesela View Post
there job is to represent the reality as honestly as possible not create a total fabrication which is what I think is going on.
Actually the only job the producers have is to create an entertaining show that gets good ratings. No one ever mandated that reality game shows be absolutely real. And clever editing to keep the audience off-balance, and unsure, is done all the time.

That said, I do think Survivor is one of the more "real" reality game shows out there. It's so big and so popular, they are held to a pretty high standard by their audience, and it would come out if the challenges were rigged, etc. Slanting a challenge so that the women have as good of a chance of winning as the men? That's one thing. But rigging a challenge, and scripting the entire show? That would just never fly.

Old 03-08-2012, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
Actually the only job the producers have is to create an entertaining show that gets good ratings. No one ever mandated that reality game shows be absolutely real. And clever editing to keep the audience off-balance, and unsure, is done all the time.

That said, I do think Survivor is one of the more "real" reality game shows out there. It's so big and so popular, they are held to a pretty high standard by their audience, and it would come out if the challenges were rigged, etc. Slanting a challenge so that the women have as good of a chance of winning as the men? That's one thing. But rigging a challenge, and scripting the entire show? That would just never fly.
actually it did come out,some years back that challenges are stopped,restarted,etc for filming purposes. What we see is not exactly how things happen.

Old 03-08-2012, 07:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PippySkiddles View Post
actually it did come out,some years back that challenges are stopped,restarted,etc for filming purposes. What we see is not exactly how things happen.
That happens on all TV shows - unless they're aired live. Nothing out of the ordinary about that...

Old 03-08-2012, 08:08 PM

Quote:
That happens on all TV shows - unless they're aired live. Nothing out of the ordinary about that...
you're either starting an argument or arguing with yourself since YOU stated:they are held to a pretty high standard by their audience, and it would come out if the challenges were rigged, etc.

Old 03-08-2012, 08:10 PM

Quote:

it is quite out of the ordinary to STOP a challenge to capture a certain camera angle then restart..nothing ordinary about that at all

Old 03-08-2012, 08:18 PM

18,287 posts, read 23,188,315 times
We don't record this but somebody that does please go look at the Hawaiian guy. When he walks into camp when all the guys are talking about Leif's betrayal he is holding the fishing net! I didn't see any deal the girls made for the guys to use it.

Colton was sickening but why didn't any of the guys call him on the carpet about he has never worked or made money. He comes from money apparently that isn't the same as making your own.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV