Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-17-2012, 12:30 AM

3,531 posts, read 3,734,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
Oh wow I missed that. Would have liked to tape it. I never watch the show or tape it unless I happen to know who will be one. I have not doubt believing Arsenio about Aubrey being vulgar/****. Didn't she expose her breasts on the Apprentice? I thought I saw that in one of the next upcoming parts, which is now past. I forget what Teresa's reply was to her when she did that in front of her on camera but I think it was something about Aubrey not having morals or asking her if she has any.
Aubrey: She's smart, ambitious and a hard worker. I have seen worse "divas" than Aubrey. Aubrey is at least entertaining, if not for her other attributes. I guess asking a former Playboy centerfold if she has any morals is a bit of a moot point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lolipopbubbles View Post
I'm glad she won't be Apprentice she's much too young and immature among other things we are all aware of.
Eh, Aubrey is gone so no reason for me to watch the finale. She had that underdog appeal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2012, 12:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bouncethelight View Post
I would suggest a slightly different spin...

I think Clay, Arsenio, Dee, Penn, Lisa, Dayana, and Teresa all enhanced their public personas...And I think that Aubrey, Debbie, and Lou all hurt their public reputations by appearing on the show. Especially Debbie and Lou.
I will agree with Dee, Penn, Dayana and perhaps Teresa. Especially Penn. However, Arsenio's public persona with me was not enhanced at all due to his outburst toward Aubrey. I hadn't seen anything from him in years and this is my re-acquaintance to this "comedian." It doesn't matter if Aubrey got under his skin. That kind of outburst in real life would still be unprofessional, but to do it on national TV is embarrassing. Would you want that outburst on your resume? I am also not sure Arsinio was particularly genuine in the boardroom with many of his responses and Mr. Trump didn't challenge him as much as he could have. Lisa, by far, did the most damage to her public image. She was dubbed as the "Queen of Mean" before appearing on the show and lived up to that moniker, if you're into that sort of thing. In my opinion, she proved to be a tyrant and bully who can produce crocodile tears whenever it suits her (even it was actually bad strategy), and who, when confronted on these faults, vehemently insisted that she was proud of them. Her calling Dayana a b----h on more than one occasion after going off on Arsinio for doing that kind of thing to Aubrey was downright laughable.

All in all, this season has been very uncomfortable to watch at times due to all the personal attacks which seemed to go way too far in their intent by somewhat established "professional celebrities." Much of what was shown on the show went beyond just business--it was personal with many of them, for some reason.

Old 05-17-2012, 02:01 AM

3,113 posts, read 8,380,507 times
Yeah, we'll all have slightly different takes on it - and that's fun! Makes the conversation more interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by budgetlord View Post
Arsenio's public persona with me was not enhanced at all due to his outburst toward Aubrey.
it wasn't his best moment, but he did apologize - and I believe he meant it.

As for why he's been out of the public eye, he said on The View today that he was hearing about his son taking his first steps, while he was in a comedy club in another state, and he decided he didn't want to be the kind of a dad that just heard about that kind of stuff - so he went home - and he's only now relaunching his career because his son is nearly grown - and he started to miss working. He also said on The View today, that he wants his own talk show again.

Quote:
Lisa, by far, did the most damage to her public image.
I just don't see it that way. She lived up to her reputation in some ways, sure, but she also showed a softer more emotional side - which I think gives her image a little more depth, and I can't help but think that's a good thing.

Quote:
Much of what was shown on the show went beyond just business--it was personal with many of them, for some reason.
Well, it is reality TV, and that's the nature of reality TV in 2012....

That said, Teresa managed to actually rehabilitate her image somewhat, in spite of that. I think what Teresa accomplished is kind of amazing. She totally turned her entire reputation upside down. Considering the damage some of the other celebrities did to their reputations, it's fun that it was Teresa of all people, to actually come out of it better off. I loved it when several Arsenio referred to her as the nice one!

Old 05-17-2012, 02:19 AM

3,943 posts, read 6,375,076 times
I don't care for Clay or Arsenio, but would be shocked if Trump chose Arsenio. He has shocked me before though, lols, several times this season.

Old 05-17-2012, 05:49 AM

3,633 posts, read 5,790,056 times
Quote:
Arsenio's public persona with me was not enhanced at all due to his outburst toward Aubrey. I hadn't seen anything from him in years and this is my re-acquaintance to this "comedian." It doesn't matter if Aubrey got under his skin. That kind of outburst in real life would still be unprofessional, but to do it on national TV is embarrassing. Would you want that outburst on your resume?
I know you, you're that person who I always dreamed about who lives in a white picket fence community and looks at me weird as my beat-up car passes your street in my dream. Then I wake up back to the real world where people have real emotions like anger, shame, sadness, depression, and anything else that society says we shouldn't have anymore. Nice to meet you! Arsenio did the right thing. He got justifiably angry (Throw the first stone) and apologized for blowing up on someone who was being manipulative. I assume you think people with emotion or anger are terrible and people like Aubrey and Lisa who manipulate people and hide their evil ways are good because they don't blow up on people and just play the victim role to get people believing their sneaky evil ways. Get real!

Old 05-17-2012, 05:51 AM

16,235 posts, read 25,221,586 times
I agree with you Jess5...I think Clay has shown better people skills. I have repeatedly been shocked by Lisa, I personally couldn't believe the way she treated people. I hope when she watches herself that she will see how crass and hateful she is. I thought Aubrey was better at planning and ideas than anyone, and was surprised when Trump fired her over Arsenio. I think he reacted very badly towards
Aubrey, taking it to the next level w/ all the vulgarity. It seemed very strange that Lisa was the one who called him on it, after all she has repeatedly done the same type attack on Dyana. Weird folks.

Old 05-17-2012, 06:38 AM

43,011 posts, read 108,061,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JanND View Post
I thought Aubrey was better at planning and ideas than anyone, and was surprised when Trump fired her over Arsenio.
She had the most ideas, but those ideas didn't necessarily mean a win.

Of the 13 challenges, Aubrey's teams lost 7 times and won 6 times. She was PM twice, lost one/won one. 1-1

Of the 13 challenges, Arsenio's teams lost 4 times and won 9 times. He was PM twice, won both times. 2-0

Arsenio's teams won 5 challenges without Aubrey on their team and won 4 challenges with Aubrey on their team.

Clay and Arsenio have the same statistics since they remained on the same team the entire show, except Clay's PM record is 1-1.

Statistically, Arsenio is a stronger player of the three---as a team mate and a project manager.

Interestingly, Lisa Lampaneli (the other "creative") is a statistical nightmare.

Of the 13 challenges, Lisa's teams lost 9 times and only won 4 times.

Old 05-17-2012, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I know you, you're that person who I always dreamed about who lives in a white picket fence community and looks at me weird as my beat-up car passes your street in my dream. Then I wake up back to the real world where people have real emotions like anger, shame (if you are doing something wrong), sadness, depression, and anything else that society says we shouldn't have anymore. Nice to meet you! Arsenio did the right thing. He got justifiably angry (Throw the first stone) and apologized for blowing up on someone who was being manipulative. I assume you think people with emotion or anger are terrible and people like Aubrey and Lisa who manipulate people and hide their evil ways are good because they don't blow up on people and just play the victim role to get people believing their sneaky evil ways. Get real!
Misplaced emotions can and will get you fired in real life. Just gettin' real. Arsinio's blow-up isn't much different than Meatloaf's blow-up when he was on The Apprentice. Just odd stuff. I am sure you have heard the expression "there are no emotions in business." I think some of the other contestants said as much in some of the clips. If I was an employer, both Arsinio and Meatloaf would be terminated immediately. A little manipulation from someone like Aubrey? Would you not expect an industry-established individual to be able to handle it? I was as shocked as Trump said he was. There is a way to handle something like that and that kind of a tirade isn't it. She was a threat to him and was using manipulation in an elimination competition. You want the leaders of an organization to be passionate but with the ability to keep their cool in difficult situations. He allowed her to best him. For her to come back after that and continue to work with him on tasks...I had respect for that. She even sat on his shoulders in order to get a picture she wanted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorRob305 View Post
I assume you think people with emotion or anger are terrible and people like Aubrey and Lisa who manipulate people and hide their evil ways are good because they don't blow up on people and just play the victim role to get people believing their sneaky evil ways. Get real!
I stated in a previous post that I don't support Lisa's tactics at all. Calling Dayana a name like that--multiple times--is best seen in high school, not in a business environment. But I suppose Lisa has been successful so what do I really know? At the end of the day, it is a TV show and I am not going to lose sleep over any of this.

Last edited by Free-R; 05-17-2012 at 07:49 AM.. Reason: punctuation

Old 05-17-2012, 07:40 AM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
From what I've seen of arsenio he is a pretty laid back guy. From what I've seen from aubrey (on other shows so that's with a grain of salt) she has a habit of being nasty and getting under people's skin with her attitude and behavior. I do agree that arsenio was unprofessional but at the same time he is a person. And sometimes people lose their tempers. I know I've lost my temper with coworkers before and said things that shouldn't have been said. Not to the extreme that Arsenio did but then I've never been in a situation like that.

Aubrey's behavior on this show just confirms all the things Diddy (who I'm not a fan of) said about her years ago. He called her toxic.

Old 05-17-2012, 03:45 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,625 times
Quote:
Aubrey: She's smart, ambitious and a hard worker. I have seen worse "divas" than Aubrey. Aubrey is at least entertaining, if not for her other attributes. I guess asking a former Playboy centerfold if she has any morals is a bit of a moot point.

Eh, Aubrey is gone so no reason for me to watch the finale. She had that underdog appeal.

I'm not so sure about her being smart but ambitious, absolutely. She does work hard at trying to have it her way and convincing people to do things her way lol. I just can't and probably never will see her as a diva but I can see her wanting to be one. Diva's to me are worthless and good for nothing so I won't put her in that catagory. She's not that bad to me to call her a diva. I will give her being entertaining for a while. Ha ha good point about asking why asking her if she has morals. She has to change her life to be more than joke to people. If she want's to really make it in business then she has to ditch smut/playboy girl in her and start growing up.

Oh and that I hope I never stop being transparent? what the heck is she for real? well that alone will kill her career.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > TV